Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2018, 12:58 PM

2,512 posts, read 2,216,689 times

Advertisements

I was wondering if anyone had a website to recommend. The police are out with a vengeance right now and I got caught speeding even though lot drivers were passing me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2018, 02:50 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,774,143 times
https://www.comedyguys.com/

I've never used them, but they seem to have good reviews. Personally, I'd rather do the in-person class and get it over than mess around with the online BS. I have done the in-person class with Sears before, but they are no longer doing it. While it messed up a Saturday and it was a pain, at least it was so easy and was done with. I had a friend do one of the online courses not that long ago and it was a total pain according to her. I can't remember who she used (I know it wasn't Comedy Guys though) and I'm sure some are better to use than others, I've just had no experience with any other than the in-person classes. I know my friend said if there was a next time, she was opting for an in-person class. But maybe someone has had experience with the Comedy Guys online course and will let you know about it.

Old 03-21-2018, 05:26 AM

5,847 posts, read 6,188,490 times
I opted for one of the online courses about 10 years ago (had a newborn infant home at the time), and it was a bit of a hassle as I recall. They want to ensure you are paying close attention to the course and not multitasking, so they put in procedures like making you call into a phone number at very specific times, and asking obscure questions like "In the scene where the car made an illegal right turn and almost hit a pedestrian, what color was the shirt the pedestrian was wearing?"

Old 03-21-2018, 07:30 AM

194 posts, read 306,258 times
I did an online a few years ago: I think it may have been the Comedy Guys. Spent a rainy Saturday in my comfy recliner with the laptop on a tray and dove in. It wasn't at all bad, and yes, there were little pop quizzes throughout to make sure I was the right person and that I was paying attention. Had to take a break at maybe six hours for a least an hour, so I got in a good nap, then finished up. Could have been much worse. I'd rather be at home in my recliner taking breaks as I wanted/needed than sitting in a class at someone else's mercy. Give it a try!

Old 03-21-2018, 09:24 AM

3,028 posts, read 5,086,306 times
I took a defensive driving course thru GEICO Insurance, about three years ago, cost was $25, certificate was issued thru the National Safety Council. Checked NSC, online site today cost was $41.25. GEICO has a site to take the course where it costs just the $25. Course was easy to take, of course, you could give yourself a break anytime, even a day or two, return and finish. It "seems" it took about 4 hours to finish.

Old 03-21-2018, 12:28 PM

2,512 posts, read 2,216,689 times
Thanks for the suggestions. We’re trying to get our house ready to sell so weekends and evenings are times when my husband helps me with house projects I can’t do alone. I’d rather do the course when he’s at work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas