Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2018, 06:24 PM

2 posts, read 2,709 times

Advertisements

Just wondering what areas of Amarillo to avoid looking for property? Appreciate your input.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2018, 11:09 PM

56 posts, read 80,152 times
Property to purchase or to rent? Are you coming from Iowa? I moved from Wisconsin, but grew up in Iowa.

Old 05-31-2018, 10:41 AM

751 posts, read 1,482,334 times
I would suggest south of 34th, and west of Coulter being the main places to look into purchasing. There are other areas worth looking at, but for the "new to the area" folks, this is a great place to start. Good school system (Canyon ISD), lots of new and newer construction, decent neighborhoods, convenient to many of the attractions on the west side of town.

This area stands the better chance of increasing in value if you are not looking for a "forever" home too, as it is the more attractive area of town for buyers.

I would suggest looking past the north, central, and eastern parts of town, as it is easier to get into questionable areas.

I think the city has a map showing crime rates in different areas of town that would be worth looking at.

Old 05-31-2018, 06:54 PM

56 posts, read 80,152 times
Home prices in Canyon ISD are very high right now, just a FYI. Of course, it depends on your current cost of living, but if coming from Iowa, yes, the home prices are higher (unless Iowa City area). I would disagree about mainly looking S of 34th and west of Coulter. There are many nice neighborhoods beyond those borders. If you have young, elementary age children, the Windsor school zone is ranked one of the best in Ama.

Old 06-12-2018, 07:24 PM

2 posts, read 2,709 times
Thank Goodness, no kids. Just looking for a winter retreat
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
View detailed profiles of: