Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2018, 09:00 PM

1,807 posts, read 2,969,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by River City Rocky View Post
How so? I've lived there most of my life.
I guess that might be your problem than? I have also lived around the Midwest and Northeast.

I live in Southtown. It is an extremely walkable/bikeable neighborhood. With the Museum Reach and Mission Reach Riverwalk extension a pedestrian/bicyclist doesn't have to worry about vehicle traffic or lights for miles of the urban core. A water taxi service was also just started that travels the Museum Reach into downtown for locals who live and work in the downtown core. Southtown has more art galleries or openings of any Austin neighborhood (sorry, high cost of living is pushing lots of artists and musicians out of Austin). Great rising culinary scene that's been written up in Food and Wine and Bon Appetit (look it up if you care). More museums and travelling art exhibits than Austin. Less traffic (duh!). San Pedro Creek (look it up). St Mary's Strip is a burgeoning nightlife scene way less pretentious than any street in Austin (sorry Rainey, douche hipsters ruined you). The new Moody Theater is junk and the Tobin and Aztec Theaters in San Antonio keeps it true to the city. Also, with all the great breweries in Austin I couldn't believe the crap beer they sling behind the bar at the Moody. Just tells me how Austin sold itself out a long time ago. I could keep going.

Oh, and SXSWs pretty much garbage now. Enjoy your Charmin Toliet Paper booth and Rachel Ray showcase. I'll enjoy the spillover at the local clubs in San Antonio. I'll also enjoy the ACL spillover too at the Aztec, since Live Nation runs both shows/venues now. If I want to go to a festival I go to Bottlerock now.

Last edited by TXEX06; 07-14-2018 at 09:17 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2018, 09:14 PM

1,807 posts, read 2,969,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kthnry View Post
Before you put a lot of effort into engaging with River City Rocky, you might read some of his previous posts.
Thanks for the heads up. I'm stating my personal opinion for others who might stumble upon this thread. Austin still holds a great place in my heart, but it's not the end all and be all that many transplants think.

Old 07-16-2018, 06:54 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,712 posts, read 58,042,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXEX06 View Post
Thanks for the heads up. I'm stating my personal opinion for others who might stumble upon this thread. Austin still holds a great place in my heart, but it's not the end all and be all that many transplants think.
Similar as Colorado and Portland...(and CA and NYC)

highly sought after locations,
Reality is not so friendly (jobs, housing, recreation, quality of life, traffic JOBS...jobs, jobs) Enough income to support your QoL

1) you may find yourself working 3+ PT jobs just to exist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas