Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 08:18 PM

44 posts, read 119,585 times

Advertisements

Hey there can anyone explain to me what the previous messages mean cuzz for some reason i don;t understand i just see the same 2 words repeated (which I prefer NOT to repeat) PLEASE READ THE PREVIOUS POSTS HERE ! AND EXPLAIN ! thanx I know some one will respond
also hows Brownsville? nice?safe?affordable foreclosures? large lots? or is Mcallen better ??????? please advise, thanx
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2009, 06:58 AM

78 posts, read 247,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nenushka View Post
Hey there can anyone explain to me what the previous messages mean cuzz for some reason i don;t understand i just see the same 2 words repeated (which I prefer NOT to repeat) PLEASE READ THE PREVIOUS POSTS HERE ! AND EXPLAIN ! thanx I know some one will respond
also hows Brownsville? nice?safe?affordable foreclosures? large lots? or is Mcallen better ??????? please advise, thanx

The cost of living in Mcallen is less than that of Brownsville. Mcallens crime rate is also less than Brownsvilles, but im guessing thats because of drug violence, theres a big problem with that in the Valley. You can find larg lots in Mcallen if you look at the northern part of the city. Mcallen might not be San antonio, but its working on it. theyve re-done downtown 17th street for their entertainment district, and its turning out really well, their art district is comeing out nice, and their working on other projects, like a San Antonio River Walk like shopping center and a Central Park like Park.

Old 02-19-2009, 07:53 AM

Question change of plans ...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcallen Kid View Post
The cost of living in Mcallen is less than that of Brownsville. Mcallens crime rate is also less than Brownsvilles, but im guessing thats because of drug violence, theres a big problem with that in the Valley. You can find larg lots in Mcallen if you look at the northern part of the city. Mcallen might not be San antonio, but its working on it. theyve re-done downtown 17th street for their entertainment district, and its turning out really well, their art district is comeing out nice, and their working on other projects, like a San Antonio River Walk like shopping center and a Central Park like Park.
Hey mcallenkid, thanks for replying, !!!!
I think there is a drug problem everywhere you go, where i live now is up in the mountains in Puerto Rico and this place like number 1 safest by all means no drugs no gangs, no violence no nothing but in the past few yrs it all has changed! not too long ago they shot a 19 yr old kid that was a friend on my daughters straight A student,studying to become a doctor,the same person shot another kid and he is now confined to a wheel chair, the thing that really gets to me is the fact that the cops know who did this and they have done nothing to the shooter. The cops here are scared of the criminals thats how it all works here.
Yes, i have heard that Mcallen is really moving up and i checked online (forgot what site) and i saw pictures of mcallen and they are very nice,what i have checked about Brownsville really don;t like, now i am interested in Weslaco. I like the country like living better than i lke the city type living. Can you tell me anything about weslaco??? besides that it is boring .....i like boring !

Old 02-19-2009, 02:51 PM
RGV

570 posts, read 3,221,534 times
Quote:
The cost of living in Mcallen is less than that of Brownsville. Mcallens crime rate is also less than Brownsvilles
Funny, you don't see dead bodies in the streets of Matamoros and the bridges in Brownsville/Matamoros are still open. I think Brownsville had its first murder of the year last week or so.

Old 02-19-2009, 04:13 PM

WOW ! in Puerto Rico there has been a 100 or MORE killings in this yr alone. 85 people have commited suicide and so forth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas