Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 09:49 AM

7 posts, read 28,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidus View Post
I thought that everybody knew that the "boom" ended in the fall of 2008. But I wouldn't say there has been a bust either. Yeah things are tough, but Midland/Odessa looks great compared to most of the country. I recently posted a study by the Milken Institute that had Midland as the #1 performing small city in the country, and Odessa was #5. These rankings include the time when oil prices were at there lowest recent level.

If you think Midland/Odessa has it bad right now, then you may need to adjust your perspective.
Not sure why you think you ought to be telling me I need to "adjust" an opinion.

If you believe the things you read from the Milken Institute, in Money Magazine, in Best Places in the U.S., etc, I have some nice beachfront property for you right in Fort Stockton!

Midland has service jobs. Almost no clerical jobs. A very few professional jobs, mainly held by those from India. People were trying to fly high before the LATEST BUST and quite a few got caught in their foolish attempts to "flip" properties. Good!

People from out of state have no idea about the realities of West Texas and most have never even heard of us out here. They are STILL being fed a line about an oil boom. They are STILL being misled by faked data all about how great it is here. Midland has about 3 years left before it is taken over by the Flats and the colonias. I'm selling and getting out while the gittin' is good. Texas isn't Texas anymore, it's dominated by the liberals in Austin and the influx of illegals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2010, 10:43 AM

1,506 posts, read 4,280,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBleuBonnet View Post
Not sure why you think you ought to be telling me I need to "adjust" an opinion.

If you believe the things you read from the Milken Institute, in Money Magazine, in Best Places in the U.S., etc, I have some nice beachfront property for you right in Fort Stockton!

Midland has service jobs. Almost no clerical jobs. A very few professional jobs, mainly held by those from India. People were trying to fly high before the LATEST BUST and quite a few got caught in their foolish attempts to "flip" properties. Good!

People from out of state have no idea about the realities of West Texas and most have never even heard of us out here. They are STILL being fed a line about an oil boom. They are STILL being misled by faked data all about how great it is here. Midland has about 3 years left before it is taken over by the Flats and the colonias. I'm selling and getting out while the gittin' is good. Texas isn't Texas anymore, it's dominated by the liberals in Austin and the influx of illegals.
Actually I don't really care what your opinion is. I just wanted to get accurate and documented information into the discussion for sake of people reading here who might otherwise believe your delusional ranting.

Good luck with your move.

Old 11-18-2014, 10:23 PM

1 posts, read 1,003 times
Default Never move to Midland/Odessa

I have lived all over the USA and abroad in several countries and midland odessa is the worst place I have ever lived. If you are think about moving here for work or any other reason I urge you to boil a pot of hot grease then once at a raging boil commence to pouring it all over yourself to atone for thinking such horrible thoughts. If the thought crosses your mind again then please go to a zoo and find a bear pit. Cover yourself in pure honey and jump into the bear pit where you will be processed into bear feces and there hence, no longer allowed to have such terrible thoughts or ideas. Do not move to that place you will be suicidal within weeks and when you do go through with offing yourself in a most painful way the people in that area will have a redneck ho-down party to celebrate your suicide. These people and this place made transferring to Somalia or north Russia a great option.

Old 11-19-2014, 08:42 AM

4,422 posts, read 6,259,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugemalechiken View Post
I have lived all over the USA and abroad in several countries and midland odessa is the worst place I have ever lived. If you are think about moving here for work or any other reason I urge you to boil a pot of hot grease then once at a raging boil commence to pouring it all over yourself to atone for thinking such horrible thoughts. If the thought crosses your mind again then please go to a zoo and find a bear pit. Cover yourself in pure honey and jump into the bear pit where you will be processed into bear feces and there hence, no longer allowed to have such terrible thoughts or ideas. Do not move to that place you will be suicidal within weeks and when you do go through with offing yourself in a most painful way the people in that area will have a redneck ho-down party to celebrate your suicide. These people and this place made transferring to Somalia or north Russia a great option.
The Chamber of Commerce will be holding off on your application. Thank you.

Old 11-19-2014, 10:59 AM

797 posts, read 752,469 times
So did you ever move?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas