Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2018, 04:39 AM

13 posts, read 9,438 times

Advertisements

Would you respect Texas or try and turn it into the place you fled from ?

Discuss...

Old 09-17-2018, 05:47 AM

1,663 posts, read 1,580,236 times
Conversely, you could just be a human being and not have your life revolve around a political team.

My input for you would be to stick to Portland and quit labeling states as “red” or “blue” and lumping the people together.

Old 09-17-2018, 06:31 AM

13 posts, read 9,438 times
How long have you lived in Texas ? I’m curious.... it’s my home state and my parents and grand parents home state.

Your funny “political team” no team here, just answer the question if you want to participate in the discussion.

Old 09-17-2018, 07:45 AM

52 posts, read 46,251 times
This thread is breathtakingly stupid. I'll play along with your ridiculous troll thread. You should vote for what you believe and support, regardless of where you live. Also why would voting a certain way not "respect" Texas. And why do you assume everyone who moved to Texas "fled" their previous state. Honestly, it just sounds like you have way too much time on your hands and are just looking to stir the pot on an online forum. I suggest you try socializing with humans outside of a computer.

Old 09-17-2018, 07:55 AM

32,940 posts, read 36,369,350 times
People don't always flee. Sometimes they just move.

Old 09-17-2018, 08:29 AM

638 posts, read 569,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uconndoitt View Post
This thread is breathtakingly stupid. I'll play along with your ridiculous troll thread. You should vote for what you believe and support, regardless of where you live. Also why would voting a certain way not "respect" Texas. And why do you assume everyone who moved to Texas "fled" their previous state. Honestly, it just sounds like you have way too much time on your hands and are just looking to stir the pot on an online forum. I suggest you try socializing with humans outside of a computer.
Great post.

Old 09-17-2018, 08:46 AM

949 posts, read 572,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOPO View Post

Discuss...
What makes you think people will change their thinking? They are only programmed to want
what the news and commercials tell them to do.

Old 09-17-2018, 08:52 AM

8,351 posts, read 5,507,167 times
Texas is hardly one sided politically. There are tons of liberals here too. Its not a strictly conservative state at all. Liberals tend to congregate in cities and the RGV is all.

And I did move here from California and no my voting pattern didnt change. I didnt flee there, I love my home state. I just got a job here and took it.

People just need to vote their views and values regardless of where they live or move to.

Old 09-17-2018, 08:59 AM

1,663 posts, read 1,580,236 times
Quote:
How long have you lived in Texas ? I’m curious.... it’s my home state and my parents and grand parents home state.

Your funny “political team” no team here, just answer the question if you want to participate in the discussion.
Bless your heart,
I did answer your inane question.

Old 09-17-2018, 09:34 AM

4,505 posts, read 4,619,106 times
Quote:

Discuss...
If you want to make friends, don't talk politics with people you just meet. Use common sense and be respectful. How do you think you would like it if people came to your home town or home state and shoved their politics down your throat everytime you ran into those people? Or tried to make you think you were wrong, or dumb, because you don't believe like they do? Over enough time, I guarantee you would come to resent it.

If you are driven by politics and want to talk politics, find people who are into political discussions. You will probably find like-minded political junkies at campaign volunteer offices and you can talk politics until your heart is content. But pelase don't bring your politics to the bowling alley or the pool hall, or the swimming pool, or any place that is not political. People don't care about your d*m*ed politics.

Everything isn't about politics, although some people like to make it out to be. There are people who use to like Willie Nelson but turned on him and his music because they don't agree with his politics. They are making sports political now-a-days. Just this past weekend I heard a discussion tv that NFL is run by Republicans and NBA by Democrats. Some people are burning their expensive Nike Shoes because of political differences.

It's ridiculous and nobody wins and everybody loses. It's gotten to the point that many people can no longer simply kick back and enjoy a good fb game because the politics have the people so wound up and pi$$ed off their politics interferes in their enjoyment of the fb game.

In my 63 years of life, I have yet to make one friend based on politics. And i have yet to lose any friendships due to political differences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
View detailed profiles of: