Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which nightlife HUBs Resonate with you? (Multiple choice)
6th Street-Austin 10 35.71%
Deep Ellum-Dallas 7 25.00%
Downtown H-Town-Houston 7 25.00%
The Stockyards-Fort Worth 6 21.43%
The Riverwalk-San Antonio 6 21.43%
Rainy Street-Austin 4 14.29%
Midtown-Montrose-Houston 11 39.29%
Downtown Dallas 0 0%
Washington-Houston 5 17.86%
Uptown-Dallas 7 25.00%
Galveston 6 21.43%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2023, 03:18 PM

212 posts, read 88,568 times

Advertisements

I know most city data folks are not the type to hang out at night clubs. If we were we'd be on Reddit instead of City Data.
But, I think yall still know where the nightlife is best in Texas.
I just started this thread to see what yall have to say about Texas Nightlife. Where is it happening at.
I checked out on Google maps to see where the largest clusters of bars and clubs are at. We will vote on them and see which are the most recommended. Let me know if I missed one.
Let's rank these party scenes. Here are the ones I found so far. It has to be a concentrated cluster like a strip. A few blocks that are dominated by clubs and bars at least 10. And it has to be a happening place not the 19th hole of a golf course where a bunch of old men have a beer. I understand that we don't have a place like Miami Beach or The Vegas Strip but what do we have?

1) 6th street-Austin

2) Downtown H-Town-Houston

3) Deep Ellum-Dallas

4) The Stockyards-Fort Worth

5) Downtown Dallas

6) Washington-Houston

7) Mid Town-Montrose-H-Town

8) The riverwalk- San Antonio

9) Galveston

10) Rainy Street- Austin

11) Uptown Dallas

Last edited by Texas100; 06-19-2023 at 03:34 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2023, 03:50 PM

3,950 posts, read 2,932,658 times
The place in McAllen is 15th street or something like that. It gets pretty bumping. I don’t think Laredo has a comparable place. The bars are sort of spread out.

Not sure about Galveston. Never heard of it as being a fun place to go out.

I would add the square in San Marcos although it is mostly college kids. Also downtown new Braunfels is fun although it’s only a few bars next to each other.

I go out downtown San Antonio most weekends and it’s tons of fun IMO. Austin, Houston, Dallas are all much more fun than San Antonio, though.

Forgot to mention there is also the domain in Austin and in Dallas there is “lower Greenville” and “Knox / Henderson”. (The last two might be all 1 area?)

Old 06-19-2023, 07:14 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,381,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas100 View Post
I know most city data folks are not the type to hang out at night clubs. If we were we'd be on Reddit instead of City Data.
I just started this thread to see what yall have to say about Texas Nightlife. Where is it happening at.
I checked out on Google maps to see where the largest clusters of bars and clubs are at. We will vote on them and see which are the most recommended. Let me know if I missed one.
Let's rank these party scenes. Here are the ones I found so far. It has to be a concentrated cluster like a strip. A few blocks that are dominated by clubs and bars at least 10. And it has to be a happening place not the 19th hole of a golf course where a bunch of old men have a beer. I understand that we don't have a place like Miami Beach or The Vegas Strip but what do we have?

1) 6th street-Austin

3) Deep Ellum-Dallas

5) Downtown Dallas

6) Washington-Houston

9) Galveston

10) Rainy Street- Austin

11) Uptown Dallas
....I'm going to bite every time!!! .....You should know this!!!....Texas Tallest...:

FOR-FUN!!!!!!

Me:ChatGTP.....The Best "Night Life" District in Texas?

Quote:
Texas is known for its vibrant nightlife, and there are several cities that offer fantastic nightlife districts. While opinions may vary, one of the most popular and highly regarded nightlife districts in Texas is the Sixth Street District in Austin. Here, you'll find a diverse array of bars, live music venues, clubs, and restaurants, creating a lively atmosphere that attracts both locals and tourists.

The Sixth Street District is divided into three sections: West Sixth, Dirty Sixth, and East Sixth. West Sixth Street offers a more upscale experience with trendy bars and lounges, while Dirty Sixth Street is famous for its rowdy atmosphere, live music, and crowded bars. East Sixth Street, on the other hand, has a more hip and eclectic vibe, featuring art galleries, food trucks, and unique bars.

Apart from Austin, other cities in Texas also have noteworthy nightlife districts. Here are a few more options:

#1.Deep Ellum - Located in Dallas, Deep Ellum is a historic district known for its thriving music scene, live performances, and numerous bars and clubs catering to various musical tastes.

#2.Historic Market Square - Situated in downtown San Antonio, Market Square offers a lively atmosphere with Mexican restaurants, bars, and shops. It's particularly vibrant during festive times like Cinco de Mayo.

#3.Midtown - Found in Houston, Midtown is a trendy neighborhood packed with bars, lounges, and nightclubs. It attracts a diverse crowd and offers a wide range of entertainment options.

#4.Sundance Square - Situated in Fort Worth, Sundance Square is a popular entertainment district with a mix of restaurants, bars, theaters, and live music venues. It has a laid-back and welcoming atmosphere.

Remember that nightlife scenes can change and evolve over time, so it's always a good idea to check for current recommendations and events in the specific city you plan to visit.

-ChatGTP

Old 06-20-2023, 04:03 AM

......Me and Chat GPT just had Our first argument after I did some thinking!!!

Me:....Chat GPT........Deep Ellum offers equal amount or more established venues ,restaurants and retail as 6th street....How is it #1 In Texas?!!!!

Quote:
You're correct that Deep Ellum in Dallas offers a substantial number of established venues, restaurants, and retail options, comparable to or even surpassing those found on 6th Street in Austin. Deep Ellum has experienced significant revitalization in recent years, attracting a diverse range of businesses and establishments.

Deep Ellum is known for its thriving music scene, with numerous live music venues that host both local and national acts. The district also offers a wide variety of bars, clubs, and lounges, catering to different tastes and preferences. In addition to its music venues, Deep Ellum has a growing number of restaurants and eateries that showcase diverse culinary offerings, including everything from casual street food to upscale dining experiences. The district also features boutique shops, art galleries, and other retail establishments, adding to its vibrant and eclectic atmosphere.

Similarly, 6th Street in Austin is renowned for its entertainment options, including live music venues, bars, and restaurants. It has a long history as a prominent nightlife hub and remains a popular destination for both locals and tourists. While 6th Street offers a diverse range of venues and establishments, Deep Ellum has emerged as a comparable alternative with its own unique character and offerings.

It's important to note that the specific number and variety of venues, restaurants, and retail options can change over time in both districts as businesses evolve and new establishments open. Therefore, it's recommended to explore the current offerings and check for updated recommendations when visiting either Deep Ellum or 6th Street to ensure you experience the most current and vibrant aspects of each district.

...We made up.

Old 06-20-2023, 04:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas100 View Post

1) 6th street-Austin

3) Deep Ellum-Dallas

5) Downtown Dallas

6) Washington-Houston

9) Galveston

10) Rainy Street- Austin

11) Uptown Dallas
..YOU, Spacecitytx and Texas Tallest are the 3 votes for Downtown Houston!!!.....

Old 06-20-2023, 06:13 AM

9,699 posts, read 6,335,889 times
I know the nightlife districts of Midtown and Montrose are very close to eachother. But I wouldn’t group them together. Ones centered in Bagby St the other in Montrose Blvd. There’s a surprising amount of in between locations but they’re still separate.

As much as I don’t want to say it, I think the answer is 6th St. it’s no Vegas strip but if you had to say there’s a closest to it in Texas that’s it. Obviously it’s nothing like the strip but nonetheless.

Old 06-20-2023, 08:02 AM

869 posts, read 308,160 times
I can't name not even ONE spot in Austin, as I haven't been in years...but I get the sense that they are all very "white-bread" (nothing wrong with that, but not my typical hangout). I could be wrong though.

Meanwhile, Houston has hubs for literally EVERYONE...and that is why it wins. Houston's only drawback is that all the hubs are spread out from each other...but I've never been a bar-hopper, so that doesn't affect me.

Dallas has a lot of upscale-ish lounges and what-not, but not too many options for my tastes (for those who are aware, think what use to be Park Avenue, or the new Ekko Lounge in North Dallas). Unless we're talking "hood" clubs, and I'm much too old to frequent those, lol.

Old 06-20-2023, 11:21 AM

There's Black clubs in Deep Ellum too.

Old 06-20-2023, 02:35 PM

869 posts, read 308,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
There's Black clubs in Deep Ellum too.

I get that, but my point was to say that there aren't very many...not that there aren't ANY.

Union Park in Addison was my favorite hangout in DFW due to it being the type of crowd I like, plus it was like the ONLY place in Dallas that served alcohol AND hookah (back in my hookah smoking days). I was sorely disappointed when it closed down...didn't even last that long.

When I'm in Dallas this Friday, the wife and I will try to find a similar spot...but I don't think there are any more.

Old 06-20-2023, 02:46 PM

Addison Is the Black Hang-Out spot....PLENTY to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas