Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2019, 12:26 PM

4 posts, read 2,150 times

Advertisements

I live in Wichita,KS it isn't horrible but i dont feel like there is enough for me here.
Its a long drive to see any nice scenery,jobs are limited,Kansas is ranked as horrible for dating.
Big issue for me is that many Texas cities would be a nightmare traffic-wise for me.
My anxiety would be through the roof driving in Dallas or Houston.
Been in the Dallas area before and have family there.
Im looking at Austin,Dallas or San Antonio but open to other areas.
I feel like Texas has more to see,better jobs and better dating for me as a 35+ guy.
Im pretty conservative so im not sure if Austin is too liberal for me.
From what i remember about Dallas is a lot of people are caught up in trying to look rich,100K folks trying to look like millionaires.
I can transfer with my company or shouldn't have much trouble with 18 years job experience.
I can likely afford 800-1,000 a month rent.
Perhaps the outskirts or suburbs is a good fit if i can also work there.
Is public transport good in any large Texas cities?
I feel like Texas is a really good fit for me.
Any feedback is welcome.

Last edited by JoeyNoir; 02-07-2019 at 12:50 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2019, 12:53 PM

15,269 posts, read 35,637,527 times
Austin traffic, depending on how you look at it, is worse than Dallas or Houston.

Old 02-07-2019, 12:56 PM

38 posts, read 28,996 times
Is Texas ranked any better than Kansas for the reasons you want to move?

Old 02-07-2019, 01:02 PM

Kansas has high taxes,little in the way of scenery or stuff to see.
Dating here is not great for a 35+ man,i have rarely dated a Wichita native its usually women here from other places.
I remember Texas women being more friendly and at least much easier to approach.
Winters are hit and miss here but i would prefer almost no winter at all.
My city does have some decent ratings when it comes to affordable housing and amount of places to eat.

Old 02-07-2019, 01:08 PM

So you want to move for dating on a 800 a month budget? That is going to be hard in any city.

Old 02-07-2019, 01:15 PM

Hoping to pay 800-1000 rent for a 1 bedroom apt.
That's doable for my income.

Last edited by JoeyNoir; 02-07-2019 at 01:33 PM..

Old 02-07-2019, 01:18 PM

I don't live in either state. Wait for other people to join the thread but 800 month aint much ! GL!

Old 02-08-2019, 08:35 AM

11,097 posts, read 7,159,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyNoir View Post
1. I live in Wichita,KS it isn't horrible but i dont feel like there is enough for me here.
2. Its a long drive to see any nice scenery...
3 .Big issue for me is that many Texas cities would be a nightmare traffic-wise for me.
4. My anxiety would be through the roof driving in Dallas or Houston.
5. I can likely afford 800-1,000 a month rent.
6. Is public transport good in any large Texas cities?
7. I feel like Texas is a really good fit for me.
1. It does seem a bit depressed and poor, the few times I've been there.
2. It can be that way too from Houston and Dallas-FW. Smaller cities, less though.
3.4. As long as you don't do a lot of driving, I wouldn't think it'd be that bad. Driving through Wichita, it has a similar basic feel and look as TX's big cities. It just continues on much longer in the large TX cities.
5. That might be tricky, especially in the more desirable areas of the larger TX cities. But at least you won't lose money to income tax.
6. Maybe, but I wouldn't count on it. It seems to mostly serve the poor, in the less desirable and heavily-urban areas.
7. Only you can answer that. The more time you spend here, and the more research you do, the better you will be sure.

Last edited by Thoreau424; 02-08-2019 at 08:47 AM..

Old 02-08-2019, 09:12 AM

5,429 posts, read 4,460,293 times
I would not recommend moving to any of the major Texas cities solely for dating purposes. In Texas, I have only lived in Dallas, and only dated in Dallas. Dallas has an extremely ferocious & competitive dating market. It’s a tough dating pool here as single men outnumber single women in the 20s & 30s age bracket. Single men outnumber single women in the 20s/30s age bracket in all the major Texas cities.

I would closely examine your own day to day routines in Wichita & try to optimize them there to improve your dating results before uprooting to Texas. I hope you’ve also lived in Wichita for multiple years & have a social circle that can feed you dates. Some of the most successful people in dating/relationships I’ve known grew up in midsized cities like Wichita & stayed there as an adults, developing a social circle capable of producing dates & relationships for them. Some of the people I’ve known who’ve had the greatest challenges moved around a lot, mostly from one big city dating cesspool to another.

Moving is unlikely to fix your dating problems.

Old 02-08-2019, 09:53 AM

2,916 posts, read 1,515,322 times
My girlfriend lives in San Antonio. I had only been there a handful of times prior to meeting her.

Now that I am there so much, I like the town. There is traffic, but it is not as bad as Austin, Houston or Dallas - IMHO.

I was surprised to find myself lately preferring the city to Houston, which as always been my favorite large city in Texas previously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas