Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2019, 08:14 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,375,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by supfromthesite View Post
Big city is still your best bet though. Northwest San Antonio, North Dallas, Fort Worth
I get the feeling the only pretty girls in Midland are already married
why do you think the big cities are my best bet because its seems like there would be too much competition for girls there?Ya pretty much the only pretty girls here are either in a relationship married or are engaged.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2019, 08:20 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,003,499 times
Just the numbers. There are more people in a large city. I don't know what small city has a lot of single girls. Towns have almost none

Old 03-13-2019, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supfromthesite View Post
Just the numbers. There are more people in a large city. I don't know what small city has a lot of single girls. Towns have almost none
okay i read recently in an article that its really hard to find someone in a big city.I guess maybe some reasons is theres so many different options and the competition is fierce and intense.

Old 03-14-2019, 08:06 PM

5,429 posts, read 4,457,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C24L View Post
why do you think the big cities are my best bet because its seems like there would be too much competition for girls there?Ya pretty much the only pretty girls here are either in a relationship married or are engaged.
Quote:
okay i read recently in an article that its really hard to find someone in a big city.I guess maybe some reasons is theres so many different options and the competition is fierce and intense.

There is a ton of competition in the big cities. Dallas is a ferocious dating environment. Due to the oversupply of men in Dallas, and most U.S. big cities, women have their pick of the litter and can drive a pretty hard bargain. With women in Dallas, there is immense choice and women are loathe to settle on anything here because they really do not have to do so. Sometimes they drive too hard of a bargain and end up alone.

The most successful people that I've known with dating and relationships grew up in a midsized city and remained in that midsized city in their adult lives, fostering social connections. The combination of a strong social circle and limited but not too small of choices was the perfect storm of conditions to make sustainable results achievable.

Old 03-15-2019, 11:35 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,705 posts, read 58,022,681 times
'Quality' can be very good in small towns, but... you may find that small town gal in a college / bigger town

I would head to Moorhead, MN! and take a lot of co-ed 'adult ed' / community classes! (swimming / tennis, / Basketball, photography / cooking...)

Farm / Ranch stock is usually tall, lean, and capable. And will stick with you forever. (and it will be pleasant!)

(Fortunately neither I, my spouse, or our kids ever had to DATE... ) Dating is a very poor strategy for finding a 'keeper'. There are a lot more FUN and genuine ways to meet and grow a 'forever' bond together.

Old 03-17-2019, 09:39 AM

5,429 posts, read 4,457,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
'Quality' can be very good in small towns, but... you may find that small town gal in a college / bigger town

I would head to Moorhead, MN! and take a lot of co-ed 'adult ed' / community classes! (swimming / tennis, / Basketball, photography / cooking...)

Farm / Ranch stock is usually tall, lean, and capable. And will stick with you forever. (and it will be pleasant!)

(Fortunately neither I, my spouse, or our kids ever had to DATE... ) Dating is a very poor strategy for finding a 'keeper'. There are a lot more FUN and genuine ways to meet and grow a 'forever' bond together.

I would call of all of this accurate. What's the definition of small town?

In my experience, I would call any area with a population of less than 100,000 small. Dating in metro areas with less than 100,000 leads to problems in available partners in the dating pool. In an area with a population of less than 100,000, the most successful people in relationships met their long term romantic partner either in high school or at a local college in that area. If one happens to be living in an area of less than 100,000 and do not have a student and/or college affiliation, putting together extended relationships becomes quite challenging. These are the types of people who end up moving to big cities like Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, and Austin. They needed a larger pool of prospects. Then they are often start to deal with ferocious dating environments like Dallas that offer the paradox of too much choice.

Agree on finding females with a farming/ranching/rural background. These are better prospects than women who grew up in suburban cul-de-sacs (a lot of Millennial white women fit this description) or dense urban areas.

Western style dating has done a rather poor job in producing high quality sustainable relationships.

Old 03-20-2019, 02:40 PM

376 posts, read 489,081 times
Abilene has the ACU students so you want Church of Christ that would be a good place to start. But from a cursory examination of some of your postings your criteria, exacerbated by the religious stuff, seems incredibly narrow to the point of being self defeating. Might be best off going for n evangelical convert from Africa, Asia etc since your requirements are so specific. I had a kind of similar situation when I was younger in that I was looking for a moral, Catholic or Orthodox girl, and experienced the rather plastic Dallas dating scene firsthand.

Old 03-20-2019, 05:58 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,003,499 times
You can find fine girls without having to look in another continent you just have to be patient.

Old 03-28-2019, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diws View Post
Abilene has the ACU students so you want Church of Christ that would be a good place to start. But from a cursory examination of some of your postings your criteria, exacerbated by the religious stuff, seems incredibly narrow to the point of being self defeating. Might be best off going for n evangelical convert from Africa, Asia etc since your requirements are so specific. I had a kind of similar situation when I was younger in that I was looking for a moral, Catholic or Orthodox girl, and experienced the rather plastic Dallas dating scene firsthand.
Well I think il pass on going to Africa or Asia but thats just me.thanks for the suggestion though.

Old 04-01-2019, 08:47 AM

376 posts, read 489,081 times
Quote:
Well I think il pass on going to Africa or Asia but thats just me.thanks for the suggestion though.
I said, "from Asia or Africa", not necessarily, "currently living in Asia or Africa" (I do know some evangelical Christians who have met their spouses overseas, too). My point is that you should consider expanding your pool of marriageable women, or else look in those areas and demographics where a woman meeting your criteria could be more likely found. In my cursory reading of your posts, my impression is that you are pretty hidebound, and are your own worst enemy where this is concerned. I hope that you take this in the constructive manner in which it is intended; as I mentioned I am not without sympathy here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas