Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2019, 03:07 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,769,914 times

Advertisements

The one and only time I tried In-n-Out, my cheeseburger was inedible. The patty was very thin, yet not cooked. Patty was gray in color with pink in the center. I had heard all the hype about it too and thought ok, give it a shot although I generally don't buy hamburgers out. Like THL said, nothing to do with What-A-Burger, I haven't eaten there in too many years to count. Maybe it was just a fluke (had to have been since too many people do like it) but I'd much rather have a kid cheeseburger from one of the other FF joints.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2019, 07:16 AM

949 posts, read 571,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeSmow View Post
I've never tried an In-n-Out burger (I'm really not a fast food eater). I did try What-A-Burger once at an airport. Since then, whenever their commercials come on, I say to my wife..."look hun, it's a Just-A-Burger commercial".
Not worth it. The burgers are small, mostly bun and their fries were not great either. Not sure what they do good.
P. Terry's is making a great product at a great price.

Old 05-06-2019, 08:37 AM

20,958 posts, read 45,380,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowpacked View Post
Not worth it. The burgers are small, mostly bun and their fries were not great either. Not sure what they do good.
P. Terry's is making a great product at a great price.

Where the heck are you getting What-a-Burgers that fit this description? I get the kid's burger and it doesn't match this - or hasn't in the past few decades I've been getting them. Are you sure you weren't at In-n-Out? Because that describes exactly what I got there.

Old 05-06-2019, 11:27 AM

8,319 posts, read 5,474,844 times
I’m from LA and I’ll be the first to tell you In-n-Out is overrated. So is Whataburger.

The California burger I miss is Fatburger.

Old 05-07-2019, 10:43 AM

364 posts, read 617,360 times
I grew up in SoCal and have lived in Texas for the past 28 years. So I see it from both sides.

Cal simply DESTROYS Texas when it comes to weather. Every time I see a new Californian out here (DFW) and we start to talk about the two states I always start counting the seconds before the inevitable..."Umm, is the weather always like this here?" question comes up. I laugh and say...did you buy or rent because it doesn't get any better. The look of horror on their faces is always telling. I always tell them, look: You came here for a reason, I just hope weather wasn't it. I met one lady that moved here with her family (husband was transferred) to Houston. They fell for the old, "wow look what a big house you can buy in Texas! Trap. They moved from Dana Point to Houston Texas lol. They had just came back from the Texas Riviera...Galveston. The look of "Oh my holy god what did we do..." was written all over her face. I felt bad for her, but they should of done their research.

I STRONGLY advice anyone thinking of moving here actually spends some time here first. Expensive? Yes, but less then trying to move BACK to California when you realize what complete and utter **** the weather is here compared to Cal.

Californians are so use to good if not spectacular weather that it often flies under their radar until it's too late ie they have moved. They just don't understand how ****ty life can be with 50" of rain, tornado/severe storms, floods, softball size hail, hurricanes not to mention the horrific humidity in large parts of the state.

As stated previously, once you leave Cal it is VERY hard financially to go back. Think hard about it, and spend time here first, and for gawds sake spend a summer here first LOL.

Old 05-07-2019, 11:43 AM

3,842 posts, read 8,264,797 times
There is one more category where some Californians (not all, just a loud few) seem to best Texas - capriciously moving to another state with little to no research... And then complaining about it. How a person can make such a life altering move with almost no planning is beyond me.

There is no password protected database hiding all the dark secrets of Texas weather. It's all out in the open. Heck there was even a Galveston beach thread last week on this very forum which dissected every one of Galveston's negative qualities. Tornadoes, heat... It's all out in the open. Yet people continue to move here and complain about tornadoes and heat.

Old 05-07-2019, 12:16 PM

4,001 posts, read 3,260,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielWayne View Post
There is one more category where some Californians (not all, just a loud few) seem to best Texas - capriciously moving to another state with little to no research... And then complaining about it. How a person can make such a life altering move with almost no planning is beyond me.

There is no password protected database hiding all the dark secrets of Texas weather. It's all out in the open. Heck there was even a Galveston beach thread last week on this very forum which dissected every one of Galveston's negative qualities. Tornadoes, heat... It's all out in the open. Yet people continue to move here and complain about tornadoes and heat.
I've seen the same thing from Texans who move to other places, that isn't unique to Californians at all. We just happen to not get to see it from the other side.

As far as the weather goes, it's hard to really understand how bad it is without being here. California has plenty of days in the 100s, most of the west does, but that doesn't prepare you for 95 in Dallas or 90 in Houston. The weather here is uniquely bad for North America because of it gets much hotter than back east while saying much more humid than out west.

People (like myself) see the 100 degrees and think "Eh, I've done that before" when really it's a different animal entirely.

Old 05-07-2019, 12:31 PM

11,061 posts, read 7,132,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielWayne View Post

Probably the best post on this thread so far

Old 05-07-2019, 12:55 PM

4,001 posts, read 3,260,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
Probably the best post on this thread so far
LOL dude this is you with Colorado.

Old 05-07-2019, 01:10 PM

11,061 posts, read 7,132,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treasurevalley92 View Post
LOL dude this is you with Colorado.
What's with your obsession over Colorado? You keep talking about it, even when it's off-topic like in this thread (which had nothing to do with that state). Is it some kind of uncomfortable urge to babble about unrelated matters? Seek professional help ASAP for everyone's benefit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas