U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2019, 12:59 PM

392 posts, read 153,392 times

Advertisements

I want to welcome people from California (and any other state) to your new home in Texas. We have more in common than most people realize. But I see a lot of negative comments here and on social media about the dislike of an influx of California residents moving to this state. I personally think it's great. Most people I meet from the Golden State are happy to be here. They move here for economic reasons and the opportunity that most of California just cannot offer any more.

Many of the hard working middle class that made California one of the biggest economies in the world are realizing that their efforts of the past are now catering to other politically charged agendas that have made life there very difficult from an economic stand point. I feel that most Californians that move here have no intention of changing the political climate of this state. Right, wrong or indifferent the politics of this state are being driving by other forces such as social warfare and foreign immigration.

If "Hollywood" was moving to Texas, that would worry me a bit, but that's what Austin's for. In the mean time, I welcome debates such as Whataburger vs In-N-Out, Cowboys vs. Forty Niners, California Women vs Texas Women, Our Mexican Food vs Their Mexican Food, USC vs Texas. I think we can both take pride in our two great states and there is plenty of room here for the modern day Texas gold rush. Welcome
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2019, 02:34 PM

951 posts, read 330,547 times
Whatever

Old 04-04-2019, 03:11 PM

1,073 posts, read 381,440 times
Had my mouse hovering over rating you positively until that last paragraph.
I want Hollywood in Texas- why not??
Other than that, thumbs up.

However to the Californians moving here, I am so sorry for your bad luck- LOL!

Old 04-04-2019, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshaBrady1968 View Post
Had my mouse hovering over rating you positively until that last paragraph.
I want Hollywood in Texas- why not??
Other than that, thumbs up.

However to the Californians moving here, I am so sorry for your bad luck- LOL!
Thanks for the feedback. I have seen some of your responses to other posts about Texas and I know you would love to live in California; I can't say I blame you. As far as Hollywood, it's an interesting place with a lot of stuff going on, but it's not the true California to me, just the most visible because of the movie industry. I appreciate you any way although we probably have different views on things; and I will give you a positive rating.

Old 04-04-2019, 03:50 PM

1,073 posts, read 381,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthTexasGuy View Post
Thanks for the feedback. I have seen some of your responses to other posts about Texas and I know you would love to live in California; I can't say I blame you. As far as Hollywood, it's an interesting place with a lot of stuff going on, but it's not the true California to me, just the most visible because of the movie industry. I appreciate you any way although we probably have different views on things; and I will give you a positive rating.
I just think it is the most beautiful place I have ever been. Ever. I cannot think of anywhere you can ski, slide down sand dunes, surf, and see all 5 major sporting events in one day if you wanted. Wish I could afford it. I hate that it has to be about money.

That said, I did actually live there for 2 years (ya know- before kids, and I could live on a shoestring budget). I also lived in Oregon, just as beautiful, but less sun. Loved that too. But Dallas is just very EASY to live in- all the day to day stuff cannot be beat. In my old age, I have also gotten so used to people having their s*** together that the super laid back attitudes sometimes get to me- answer an email for crying out loud!

Old 04-04-2019, 04:25 PM

1,380 posts, read 936,539 times
Good bye Formerly Great State of Texas, welcome to mediocrity, high taxes, and government intrusion. Thanks Californians.

Old 04-04-2019, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtt99 View Post
Good bye Formerly Great State of Texas, welcome to mediocrity, high taxes, and government intrusion. Thanks Californians.
So you think Californians are the main cause of this?

Old 04-04-2019, 07:42 PM

1,380 posts, read 936,539 times
Quote:
So you think Californians are the main cause of this?
Well, they are one the main contributors to this.

Old 04-04-2019, 10:29 PM

2,803 posts, read 1,016,436 times
Quote:
I want to welcome people from California (and any other state) to your new home in Texas. We have more in common than most people realize. But I see a lot of negative comments here and on social media about the dislike of an influx of California residents moving to this state. I personally think it's great. Most people I meet from the Golden State are happy to be here. They move here for economic reasons and the opportunity that most of California just cannot offer any more.

Many of the hard working middle class that made California one of the biggest economies in the world are realizing that their efforts of the past are now catering to other politically charged agendas that have made life there very difficult from an economic stand point. I feel that most Californians that move here have no intention of changing the political climate of this state. Right, wrong or indifferent the politics of this state are being driving by other forces such as social warfare and foreign immigration.

If "Hollywood" was moving to Texas, that would worry me a bit, but that's what Austin's for. In the mean time, I welcome debates such as Whataburger vs In-N-Out, Cowboys vs. Forty Niners, California Women vs Texas Women, Our Mexican Food vs Their Mexican Food, USC vs Texas. I think we can both take pride in our two great states and there is plenty of room here for the modern day Texas gold rush. Welcome
Oh lord NO! I own a nicely appreciating Montrose home here and I still don't want them around! They crowd everything up and make things crazy expensive for the natives. Austin is a very undesirable place thanks to their handiwork.

Old 04-05-2019, 06:45 AM

719 posts, read 369,412 times
yea it was so fun the vast the mountain and beaches with 12 million of my neighbors wanting to do the same thing

beach parking 20 bucks only to have 10's of thousands around- or go to mounatins and have so much trash, baby diapers floating down the rivers is so much fun

or traffic so bad that is takes hours to go anywhere from 8am to midnight
hopefully more texans will move there and make it even more fun
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or