Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2019, 04:23 PM

2,502 posts, read 2,174,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Lance View Post
I'll agree the cold , at least as it pertains to Dallas , is not as dangerous as a hurricane, however cold weather happens every year whereas Hurricanes do not.
No it doesn't. My kids didn't missed school for an ice or snow day during the last two years. My 12-year-old son doesn't remember the last snow day he's enjoyed. It has also been years since we've had to take cover for a tornado.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2019, 10:15 PM

4,001 posts, read 3,218,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Lance View Post
lol you never stop do you. whether you like Houston or not is irrelevant.
It certainly is relevant when someone accuses you of wanting to see a natural disaster happen to a city, which of course, I do not.

Old 06-24-2019, 11:47 PM

6,262 posts, read 7,415,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treasurevalley92 View Post
It certainly is relevant when someone accuses you of wanting to see a natural disaster happen to a city, which of course, I do not.
Your opinion of Houston is irrelevant to the facts. You just stating over and over again, that you like Houston "but" this, or "but" that ,doesn't make those opinions stated after the "buts" facts. I don't think it convinces anybody of your sincerity either.

If you have some guilt about your feelings towards Houston then you should exorcise those demons elsewhere. I don't have the time for it....

Old 06-25-2019, 02:19 PM

2,502 posts, read 2,174,666 times
Why would he have any guilt or demons for that matter? As for whether you have time for it, you must have because you took the time to write a response. If you didn't, you would have ignored it and gone on your merry way.

Old 06-26-2019, 01:14 AM

4,362 posts, read 4,555,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treasurevalley92 View Post
I couldn't care less.

My main point was the occasional ice storm in North Texas is less of a big deal than Flooding. I personally know several people who have had their homes destroyed in the greater Houston area. Our ice storms don't do that.

It's so weird that Houstonians try to act like they have objectively incredible weather and a little cold is super deadly. It's your preference, it's find if you prefer it that way...but don't be silly about "The Dangers of the Cold"

"oH nOO tHe cOLd BaD! hOuSton hUmid and hEat aCtualLy bEst WeAtHer, eVeryOne AgrEE!" ok, man, whatever you say.

That's my point.
Flooding in Houston is definitely more of a factor than the "ice storms" in DFW I can tell you that right off the bat. I live here in Houston and me and my wife are looking at homes in Houston/DFW/ and Atlanta. And out of those 3 cities, only one has certain areas to avoid because the neighborhood sits in floodplains. Guess which city that is?

There's certain communities that are still affected by Harvey to this DAY. Went looking at a couple of neighborhoods last weekend and couldn't help but notice damage from constant flooding and Harvey still evident in those Homes. See, I can look at homes near Joe Pool Lake and not worry about the area having constant floods. Buying a house near certain Bayous in Houston? Good luck! I'm not saying this is common all over the city. It's not, but it's a factor to look into. Flood insurance is more relevant than ever now. Those are things I don't have to worry about in those other 2 cities.

Old 07-01-2019, 05:28 PM

1,965 posts, read 1,239,559 times
It's all a matter of preparation. Use the generous time wisely, and you haven't a single flood or hurricane to worry about. Asia seems to have figured it out, so can the US.

Old 07-02-2019, 06:25 PM

33 posts, read 28,842 times
What's wrong w Galveston? I'll tell you. North Texans that's what. Jealous north Texans who like to crap on Galveston because of the water. At the same time they think their lakes are better. Lol they fail to mention how disgusting they are. They have land locked syndrome.

Old 07-02-2019, 06:29 PM

1,982 posts, read 2,069,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseayala77 View Post
What's wrong w Galveston? I'll tell you. North Texans that's what. Jealous north Texans who like to crap on Galveston because of the water. At the same time they think their lakes are better. Lol they fail to mention how disgusting they are. They have land locked syndrome.
Funny how we don't hate the beaches at South Padre or Miami. I guess Galveston beach is just so much better than the others.

Old 07-02-2019, 09:54 PM

12,059 posts, read 13,784,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseayala77 View Post
Yeah North Texas Lakes are nasty, muddy no beach and dirty.

The lakes in Central Texas are awesome though, clear with limestone bottoms. Much better.

Old 07-03-2019, 01:08 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,740,287 times
I'm likely moving to Houston before the end of the year and I'm really looking forward to having Galveston so close. It may not be the most beautiful beach, but I've never lived that close to a beach and it isn't as bad as a lot of people make it out to be. It also seems like there's plenty of fun things to do on the island. If I want a nicer beach I can simply drive down to Port Aransas or something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas