Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2019, 09:44 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Senior View Post
Yep, I supported this in chapter 5 of my long book written in the above post, to show Joe what has and is happening in Tyler Longview over the last 60 plus years, with no change seen, unless again, Amazon or an Amazon Company locates between Tyler and Longview, that would be something one would have in their wildest dreams, lol
Right - ain't happenin'!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2019, 03:09 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,377,272 times
Quote:
However, haven't you said you have NOT visited Tyler? And if you did what all did you miss? lol ok, ok,ok. lol
I just prefer West Texas to East Texas but thats just me.

Old 07-23-2019, 09:25 PM

3,028 posts, read 5,083,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C24L View Post
I just prefer West Texas to East Texas but thats just me.
But you have NOT been to Tyler, so you KNOW you would not like it, is what I was asking. However, if you KNOW you like less trees, vegetation, flowers, grass, oh, I said vegetation, lol. which Tyler has, "way more so than west Texas" and you KNOW, without a doubt, you would miss the total different look of West Texas, OK,maybe, but if, your family were here, which you said recently, they may move to Central Texas, then IF they came to Tyler instead, not that Tyler is on their list, then Tyler, might be tolerable, lol. You know, me, I want to understand the, "why's" if people will share, I just "prefer" doesn't really answer why, unless that is all you wanta' say, or feel like saying. Of course that up to you, your "preference" lol

What I'm "pushing" is the many misconceived ideas, or misinformation people have about Tyler in particular, is what I spend most of my time on here trying to correctly inform people, accurately as possible, fairly as possible, unbiased as possible. But of course, some people prefer to stay with "the picture" they have. I try to share, verifiable facts, if possible I will copy and paste my sources, these to do get many reps, because they aren't opinions that people agree with, most of the time, yes, I do share IMHO, but more than not verifiable, yet very boring "stuff" to most to people, like this, lol Again, my stuff is more to inform with accurate information, not often common knowledge information, not "like" when you share opinions on a subject that MOST people have an opinion on, like politics religion, that they get excited about and if they agree, will rep you wildly.

Last edited by Mark Senior; 07-23-2019 at 09:45 PM..

Old 07-23-2019, 09:48 PM

59 posts, read 86,251 times
Quote:
But you have NOT been to Tyler, so you KNOW you would not like it, is what I was asking. However, if you KNOW you like less trees, vegetation, flowers, grass, oh, I said vegetation, lol. which Tyler has, "way more so than west Texas" and you KNOW, without a doubt, you would miss the total different look of West Texas, OK,maybe, but if, your family were here, which you said recently, they may move to Central Texas, then IF they came to Tyler instead, not that Tyler is on their list, then Tyler, might be tolerable, lol. You know, me, I want to understand the, "why's" if people will share, I just "prefer" doesn't really answer why, unless that is all you wanta' say, or feel like saying. Of course that up to you, your "preference" lol

What I'm "pushing" is the many misconceived ideas, or misinformation people have about Tyler in particular, is what I spend most of my time on here trying to correctly inform people, accurately as possible, fairly as possible, unbiased as possible. But of course, some people prefer to stay with "the picture" they have. I try to share, verifiable facts, if possible I will copy and paste my sources, these to do get many reps, because they aren't opinions that people agree with, most of the time, yes, I do share IMHO, but more than not verifiable, yet very boring "stuff" to most to people, like this, lol Again, my stuff is more to inform with accurate information, not often common knowledge information, not "like" when you share opinions on a subject that MOST people have an opinion on, like politics religion, that they get excited about and if they agree, will rep you wildly.
Hey, some people just prefer that part of Texas. Differences in opinion I guess but I personally cannot stand the landscape generally west of I35 with the exception of San Angelo. The scenery around San Angelo is really nice considering the lack of trees.

Old 07-23-2019, 10:04 PM

Quote:

Hi Mark, I just prefer areas with less trees and greenery.I do want to visit Tyler at some point.I would be open to Tyler if my family wanted to be closer to East Texas.

Old 07-23-2019, 10:06 PM

3,028 posts, read 5,083,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTomo View Post
Hey, some people just prefer that part of Texas. Differences in opinion I guess but I personally cannot stand the landscape generally west of I35 with the exception of San Angelo. The scenery around San Angelo is really nice considering the lack of trees.
Yep, I fully understand prefer. But IF a person never experiences "something" as poster has said in the past, he's never been to Tyler, how do you KNOW for certain. Sure if, like I pointed out and YOU stated he knows he would miss what West Texas has, the mostly treeless, and whatever, then yes, I guess I can maybe see, you at least THINK you know you prefer. Like I said, I'm a detail, technical, engineer, or whatever type person, a WHY person, not a scientific "group think" person, that can only come up with a THEORY of why, which I was aware years ago, I mistakenly thought scientists always know WHY, because they experiment in labs, wherever, but often they merely come up with what we think is FACT, when it is really an agreed upon THEORY, or consensus OPINION, wow, I did not know I would get that one, slipped in here. That should get some push back.

Society thinking scientist always KNOW for a fact what they share, with us, even if on occasion, they MAY tell us, they "think" such and such. Not know. Enough already, gotta go, big day tomorrow, gotta feed my dog, lol

Old 07-27-2019, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supfromthesite View Post
Anyways, I say Victoria
I was impressed with Victoria when i went through there.I would consider living there if i wanted to live in South Texas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas