Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2019, 05:13 PM

59 posts, read 86,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Tyler is definitely the crown jewel of east Texas. No other town or metro in that region is growing like it is except maybe Longview.
I agree. Tyler is exploding right now. The fact Tyler has a zoo also says a lot out it the city. There’s no other small cities in Texas that have zoos.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2019, 06:49 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,377,272 times
Quote:
In your opinion, what are the most overlooked cities/metros in Texas? I'd say San Angelo, Wichita Falls and Victoria for small metros and El Pass for mid to large metros.
Midland,Odessa,Abilene,San Angelo,Lubbock, and Corpus.I dont know if Midland-Odessa are overlooked because of all the growth....i think its better than its reputation.I love Abilene but some people dont.I like Lubbock a lot.Corpus is a kool place in my opinion, I like San Angelo a lot.El Paso i think is overlooked. I think San Antonio is overlooked in some ways. I could be wrong though.

Old 07-07-2019, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C24L View Post
Midland,Odessa,Abilene,San Angelo,Lubbock, and Corpus.I dont know if Midland-Odessa are overlooked because of all the growth....i think its better than its reputation.I love Abilene but some people dont.I like Lubbock a lot.Corpus is a kool place in my opinion, I like San Angelo a lot.El Paso i think is overlooked. I think San Antonio is overlooked in some ways. I could be wrong though.
Abilene does not count as a “metro”... you can also add Wichita Falls to that list. I think San Angelo and Tyler are the most overlooked up and coming cities in Texas.

Old 07-07-2019, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTomo View Post
Abilene does not count as a “metro”... you can also add Wichita Falls to that list. I think San Angelo and Tyler are the most overlooked up and coming cities in Texas.
the census says there is a Abilene Metropolitan Statistical Area.The OP also used the word "cities" in the title. I was just in Wichita Falls a few hours ago and I was not impressed....thats just my opinion....I could be wrong.

Old 07-07-2019, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C24L View Post
the census says there is a Abilene Metropolitan Statistical Area.The OP also used the word "cities" in the title. I was just in Wichita Falls a few hours ago and I was not impressed....thats just my opinion....I could be wrong.
Ok i’ll give you that one.. but I still don’t believe Abilene or Wichita Falls are worthy of this discussion.

I’ve always believed Wichita Falls and Abilene are about equal. Neither one have anything worthy of mention and are just bad places.

Old 07-07-2019, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTomo View Post
Ok i’ll give you that one.. but I still don’t believe Abilene or Wichita Falls are worthy of this discussion.

I’ve always believed Wichita Falls and Abilene are about equal. Neither one have anything worthy of mention and are just bad places.
Fair enough.

Old 07-07-2019, 08:52 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times
Quote:
Tyler is definitely the crown jewel of east Texas. No other town or metro in that region is growing like it is except maybe Longview.
I don't think Longview is growing at nearly the same pace. And it's economy is not as strong as Tyler's.

Moderator cut: links removed, competitor site

Last edited by Yac; 07-08-2019 at 12:50 AM..

Old 07-07-2019, 10:08 PM

3,028 posts, read 5,083,379 times
Quote:
Do you think it's possible for those metros to one day grow close enough together to become a CSA or is that too tall an order?
No, not for decades to come, IMHO. Longview is growing almost exclusively North, whereas, Tyler is growing mostly South, away from each other. However, sure, if for the last 50-60 years this had not been the case, which it has for those decades, they would be much closer today. No, DFW type history of growing together, which started 60 plus years ago, to happen between Tyler/Longview.

Old 07-08-2019, 01:40 AM

3,950 posts, read 3,004,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustermannBB View Post
I always felt that downtown SA is letting itself down and should do more to cleanup itself up.
Also big stretches of lower Broadway could be improved quite a lot. To be fair the effort is there. Pear was a nice start and it slowly continues but it still leaves a bit to be desired, especially the close you get to downtown.

But I will say, while south of tracks beyond Southtown and King William it becomes visible "less fancy" quickly if not to say immediately the area still is pretty clean and people there seem to care.
Do you realize San Angelo and San Antonio are not the same places?

Old 07-08-2019, 01:42 AM

3,950 posts, read 3,004,506 times
Anyways, I say Victoria
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas