Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2019, 01:17 PM

11,853 posts, read 26,868,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by asknow123 View Post
We will likely end up with a bunch of useless mental health solutions that won't do anything to address the actual problem
Like it or not, there is a serious problem with access to mental health resources nationwide, and in Texas, it is even worse. The common thread with almost all of these mass shooters is a history of unstable mental health.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2019, 04:05 PM

949 posts, read 572,431 times
Interesting. Texas seems to a magnet for these types. Good luck trusting our legislators to implement a solution that beats their double speak and chest pounding.

Old 09-04-2019, 08:46 AM

4,716 posts, read 8,574,930 times
This is lip service, yet refreshing, to call the attack what it really is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
You don’t remember Ruby Ridge, do you?
Also, the Aryan Nation and the KKK have been infiltrated by the FBI for decades.
I have about as much sympathy for the victims of Ruby Ridge as I do for gangbangers shooting at police. The FBI infiltration of those groups is only known because they're the only ones stupid and radical enough to actually follow through with violent plots.

That said, this dweeb is from a different generation of white nationalist. They generally don't associate with the Aryans or KKK. They're radicalized on a couple known internet forums that originally started out as anime discussion boards (8chan/pol/ is the most prominent one). They're usually involuntarily celibate hyper-nerds that want a group to blame for their lack of sexual prowess, and they cling to the idea that it's because mass migration from equatorial regions due to climate change is part of a concerted effort to take white women and genocide European peoples. See the same explanation for the Charleston church shooting, Christchurch mosque shootings, and Pittsburgh synagogue shooting. It's the exact same tactic ISIS used to get dweeby Muslim boys to join their cause.

Old 09-04-2019, 08:57 AM

6,695 posts, read 9,943,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westerner92 View Post

I have about as much sympathy for the victims of Ruby Ridge as I do for gangbangers shooting at police. The FBI infiltration of those groups is only known because they're the only ones stupid and radical enough to actually follow through with violent plots.

That said, this dweeb is from a different generation of white nationalist. They generally don't associate with the Aryans or KKK. They're radicalized on a couple known internet forums that originally started out as anime discussion boards (8chan/pol/ is the most prominent one). They're usually involuntarily celibate hyper-nerds that want a group to blame for their lack of sexual prowess, and they cling to the idea that it's because mass migration from equatorial regions due to climate change is part of a concerted effort to take white women and genocide European peoples. See the same explanation for the Charleston church shooting, Christchurch mosque shootings, and Pittsburgh synagogue shooting. It's the exact same tactic ISIS used to get dweeby Muslim boys to join their cause.
Wow, I didn’t know that. It sound very concerning to say the least.

Old 09-06-2019, 05:32 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,004,506 times
Quote:

That said, this dweeb is from a different generation of white nationalist. They generally don't associate with the Aryans or KKK. They're radicalized on a couple known internet forums that originally started out as anime discussion boards (8chan/pol/ is the most prominent one). They're usuallyc, and they cling to the idea that it's because mass migration from equatorial regions due to climate change is part of a concerted effort to take white women and genocide European peoples. See the same explanation for the Charleston church shooting, Christchurch mosque shootings, and Pittsburgh synagogue shooting. It's the exact same tactic ISIS used to get dweeby Muslim boys to join their cause.
I am from this generation. We grew up listening to late 90s early 2000s hip hop. We grew up watching sports completely dominated by black people. All our favorite athletes were black. All our favorite actors. We grew up listening to their music, watching them on tv, in movies, everything. I remember wishing I was black in elementary school cause I thought they were so cool. Our schools told us about how great diversity is and how everybody should just get along. And we truly believed it. Racism was dead, or at least quickly dying.

And then we got twitter accounts, we looked at the news, we turned on netflix, and we saw what our fellow Americans really think of us.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dear_W...ple_(TV_series)

https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&...eople&src=typd

These are the latest tweets with the words white people in them. Not filtered in any way. A solid 90-95% would be considered highly racist if you made the same tweet about any other group of people. This goes on in social media, on the news, at our universities, etc.

Could it be possible that the backlash against all of this has nothing to do with "involuntarily celibate hyper-nerds that want a group to blame for their lack of sexual prowess"?

I have quite a lot of fun with women (not sure why this matters either way) but I can surely see why white people are becoming more conscious about race. Even my mexican friends realize there is something quite fishy going on.

Old 09-09-2019, 06:36 AM

12,946 posts, read 13,336,259 times
Quote:

The Ruby Ridge family was a victim of an incompetent FBI sting gone bad. The dad was a white separatist who just wanted to be left alone, not an Aryan Nation activist/terrorist.
Agreed on the rest of these homegrown terrorists. They are scum.

Old 09-09-2019, 09:27 AM

4,716 posts, read 8,574,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supfromthesite View Post
I am from this generation. We grew up listening to late 90s early 2000s hip hop. We grew up watching sports completely dominated by black people. All our favorite athletes were black. All our favorite actors. We grew up listening to their music, watching them on tv, in movies, everything. I remember wishing I was black in elementary school cause I thought they were so cool. Our schools told us about how great diversity is and how everybody should just get along. And we truly believed it. Racism was dead, or at least quickly dying.

And then we got twitter accounts, we looked at the news, we turned on netflix, and we saw what our fellow Americans really think of us.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dear_W...ple_(TV_series)

https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&...eople&src=typd

These are the latest tweets with the words white people in them. Not filtered in any way. A solid 90-95% would be considered highly racist if you made the same tweet about any other group of people. This goes on in social media, on the news, at our universities, etc.

Could it be possible that the backlash against all of this has nothing to do with "involuntarily celibate hyper-nerds that want a group to blame for their lack of sexual prowess"?

I have quite a lot of fun with women (not sure why this matters either way) but I can surely see why white people are becoming more conscious about race. Even my mexican friends realize there is something quite fishy going on.
With the bolded, I'm honestly not sure how you can look at the perpetrators of the shootings I mentinoned, their manifestos, and their online activity and not come to the same conclusion. Seriously, get on 8chan/pol/, where many of these people get radicalized, and tell me their ideologies and actions are a valid backlash against dumb racist tweets.

It's a common thread throughout almost all mass shooters and terrorists of all backgrounds. Most of them are incredibly sexually frustrated and anti-social, which makes them prime targets for radicalization.

Old 09-09-2019, 11:47 AM

12,946 posts, read 13,336,259 times
I really think if a lot of these numbnut, mom’s basement-dwelling idiots who are potential terrorists (domestic & foreign) could get laid on a regular basis with a nice girlfriend, then much of the violence would dissipate.
Seems most of them are real losers in life.

Same goes for the Aryan racist herd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
View detailed profiles of: