Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2019, 06:43 PM

19,793 posts, read 18,085,519 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DabOnEm View Post
Because if we did it'd be Houston 9, DFW 7. But I won't count the Comets since they don't exist, so really Htown 5, DFW 7.

The WNBA is one thing DFW has that Houston doesn't anymore.
And the NHL.

Old 09-13-2019, 09:05 PM

218 posts, read 220,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielWayne View Post
Houston has a major public research university within the city limits.
Houston has the medical center.
Houston has Johnson Space Center.
Houston has Galveston.

Dallas has way more nice suburbs.
But the big one - Dallas does not have hurricanes.
But Dallas does have a much greater risk for tornados than Houston. At least we have days to prepare for hurricanes, tornadados not so much.

That being said, Dallas is an awesome city that I truly enjoy and I live in Houston so enough said about how much I love it. Both are amazing cities where you can experience a level of living that other in this world can only dream about.

Old 09-13-2019, 09:38 PM

218 posts, read 220,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
Yeah, we don’t have that. TMC is truly on another level.
Why do we have to pull our pants down and compare. Together Dallas and Houston are two very impreasive titans that the world can envy. We accomplish more together than our we can with our provincial mindset of mine is bigger than yours attitude.

Old 09-13-2019, 09:45 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,623,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
Yes, because.....who cares!?
Proves my point. How can Dallas be a true sports town if your not interested in soccer and Women’s basketball? It’s pretty big in Houston and in the world. Again Dallas is just mostly Cowboys and that’s about it. Houston celebrates all their sports and it’s a much better hosting city for Sporting events so there’s that too.

Old 09-13-2019, 09:52 PM

6,695 posts, read 9,947,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdz1979 View Post
Why do we have to pull our pants down and compare. Together Dallas and Houston are two very impreasive titans that the world can envy. We accomplish more together than our we can with our provincial mindset of mine is bigger than yours attitude.
Well, I didn’t bring up TMC...the OP did. Both cities have strengths and weaknesses. TMC is the largest medical center in the world. There’s nothing like it anywhere.

Old 09-14-2019, 08:52 AM

8,347 posts, read 5,498,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlionjr View Post
Proves my point. How can Dallas be a true sports town if your not interested in soccer and Women’s basketball? It’s pretty big in Houston and in the world. Again Dallas is just mostly Cowboys and that’s about it. Houston celebrates all their sports and it’s a much better hosting city for Sporting events so there’s that too.
Here’s the deal about the Cowboys: it’s the most profitable sport franchise worldwide. I’ve encountered Cowboys sports bars in Mexico, Japan, and Korea. So saying it’s “only the Cowboys” (which I don’t agree with either) is a huge understatement.

Old 09-14-2019, 09:57 AM

2,511 posts, read 2,215,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
Pretty much. 😭

It’s certainly petty
The words I would use are embarrassing and childish.

Old 09-14-2019, 10:54 AM

4,754 posts, read 2,976,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas12 View Post
I can agree with this, but the Rockets have the leverage to demand a premium on ticket pricing because of Hardin and Westbrook. So to say that the Mavs have sold out on their home games is just surface-level knowledge.

We need to look into the details as to how much revenue each market is getting from their respective fan base, tickets, and overall brand impact.

With regards to downtown and all the stadium centrally located in Downtown Houston, it's arguable on how impactful that will be in the long haul, tbh.
It's definitely a benefit to have sports arenas/stadiums in a central core area, especially ones for baseball, basketball, and increasingly soccer as those are great for concerts. Football stadiums are iffy as they're infrequently used, so being 7 miles south of downtown along a rail line is perfect for Houston. It would be a different gameday experience if the Rangers were in Downtown Dallas. Trying to create a downtown area in a sea of parking lots near the park in Arlington will never be the same.

Because of all the venues in Downtown Houston, it creates a steady stream of visitors throughout the year.

Old 09-14-2019, 11:13 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,623,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
Here’s the deal about the Cowboys: it’s the most profitable sport franchise worldwide. I’ve encountered Cowboys sports bars in Mexico, Japan, and Korea. So saying it’s “only the Cowboys” (which I don’t agree with either) is a huge understatement.
Me saying it’s just the Cowboys in reference to the city of Dallas only focusing on their football team and not their other franchise sports teams is not dismissing the biggest brand in all of sports. I’m from East Texas grew up an hour and 40 minutes from Dallas which is Cowboy country. Even in Northwest Louisiana and Southwest Arkansas (Arklatex) it is Cowboys country. I annoyingly know the impact of “America’s team”. I’m simply stating I don’t perceive Dallas as a true sports city because their lack of appreciation for their other franchises. I’ve been to Boston and Pittsburgh and those are true Sports towns.

Old 09-14-2019, 11:17 AM

1,507 posts, read 3,412,165 times
Default Dallas metro area does not have a beach

Galveston Beach sure I know everyone is going to say it is a joke of a beach. It is not Miami beach but it is a real beach with waves and deep sea fishing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas