Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2019, 01:55 PM

9,893 posts, read 6,595,852 times

Advertisements

I’ve always wondered why the city data community has the mindset that HOU clearly excels DFW in food, and DFW excels HOU in luxury shopping. Guess what people, it’s not the 90s or even the 2000s anymore. DFW’s food scene and Houston’s shopping scene have both improved so drastically that it is a matter of preference at this point. And in yelp’s new release of best food cities in America, Plano came out at #4 while Houston didn’t crack the top 10. Let’s get it straight people, they are both matters of preference now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2019, 02:35 PM

6,292 posts, read 7,500,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
I’ve always wondered why the city data community has the mindset that HOU clearly excels DFW in food, and DFW excels HOU in luxury shopping. Guess what people, it’s not the 90s or even the 2000s anymore. DFW’s food scene and Houston’s shopping scene have both improved so drastically that it is a matter of preference at this point. And in yelp’s new release of best food cities in America, Plano came out at #4 while Houston didn’t crack the top 10. Let’s get it straight people, they are both matters of preference now.
Yelp rankings have about as much credibility as their phony reviews.. BTW where's the link to this ranking ?

Old 09-19-2019, 02:42 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,452,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Lance View Post
Yelp rankings have about as much credibility as their phony reviews.. BTW where's the link to this ranking ?
Where are the Houston suburbs....oh I forgot they are never mentioned in anything.

Old 09-19-2019, 03:48 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,623,797 times
This could have clearly stayed in the Houston vs Dallas thread since this will turn into another one of those.

Old 09-19-2019, 04:58 PM

3,028 posts, read 5,085,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
Where are the Houston suburbs....oh I forgot they are never mentioned in anything.

Houston really has few suburbs in numbers compared to the Dallas area. Why if anyone cared to ask or think, are there so few suburbs. IMHO, I watched Houston annex as much land as possible for more than 60 years. Dallas, did not. Dallas became surrounded by suburban cities. Houston did not, only a few.

Can't prove annexation was the reason, but until someone has a much more logical reason, and sure there maybe, this is my opinion.

Old 09-19-2019, 07:56 PM

9,893 posts, read 6,595,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlionjr View Post
This could have clearly stayed in the Houston vs Dallas thread since this will turn into another one of those.
Because the point of this thread is to show the false narrative that Houston’s food scene is lightyears ahead of DFW and that DFW’s shopping scene is light years ahead of Houston. They’re both on par with eachother.

Old 09-19-2019, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
Because the point of this thread is to show the false narrative that Houston’s food scene is lightyears ahead of DFW and that DFW’s shopping scene is light years ahead of Houston. They’re both on par with eachother.
I still don't see a link to your purported list ????

Old 09-20-2019, 11:34 AM

3,678 posts, read 4,175,469 times
Plano as well as rest of the DFW drastically improved their dinning out scene during last 10 years. Houston already had it going well for them. Houston folks are more than welcome here to eat at our restaurants while it’s flooding there. Texas must go through with a speed train project between Houston, Dallas and Austin so Texans can benefit from blessings of each metroplex.

We love Houston and Austin as long as they accept the reality of DFW being #1.

Old 09-20-2019, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnfairPark View Post
Plano as well as rest of the DFW drastically improved their dinning out scene during last 10 years. Houston already had it going well for them. Houston folks are more than welcome here to eat at our restaurants while it’s flooding there. Texas must go through with a speed train project between Houston, Dallas and Austin so Texans can benefit from blessings of each metroplex.

We love Houston and Austin as long as they accept the reality of DFW being #1.
No can do. I just cancelled my reservations at the Plano Hilton.....

Old 09-20-2019, 11:52 AM

3,678 posts, read 4,175,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Lance View Post
No can do. I just cancelled my reservations at the Plano Hilton.....
Denial. :-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas