Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which would you choose?
New Mexico 49 47.12%
Oklahoma 14 13.46%
Arkansas 17 16.35%
Louisiana 24 23.08%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2019, 12:13 PM

4,139 posts, read 4,528,885 times

Advertisements

Leaving Texas for South Carolina though I do love Santa Fe and the Ozarks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2019, 01:00 AM

560 posts, read 437,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treasurevalley92 View Post
Oh! I've never been to Capulin Volcano on the ground, but I've actually flown over it before and recognized it from the air.
You really need to see it at ground level and drive up. Walking down inside of the caldera is also quite an experience. We ended up seeing a few deer and a mountain lion up on the sides. Fun story, when we were hiking up and around the rim we saw a thunderstorm begin forming on the plains nearby at near our altitude. Being that high up and seeing the formation so close and begin at near eye level was something to behold. I'll attach a picture. There is another couple of dormant volcanoes to the south but are on private property if I remember correctly. My wife and I decided this area would be a great place to retire for those who like peace and quiet with a view and not feeling like you're in a desert. Haha.

Quote:
I love the state so much I make the drive home to Idaho when time allows just to be able to drive through NM and Southern Utah and consider that part of my vacation.
You must of read my post history to find out where we're moving to.

I'm with you at least one the part where you said once you've seen a few miles of Texas you've seen the majority of it. This is why I always recommend very specific places to out-of-staters who want to visit Texas because most of it is pretty boring. I suppose that's a result of the state being so large, you're bound to have boring stuff in it.
Attached Thumbnails
Which Surrounding state would you choose?-img_5558.jpg  

Old 11-05-2019, 09:08 AM

4,001 posts, read 3,265,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Torgue View Post
You really need to see it at ground level and drive up. Walking down inside of the caldera is also quite an experience. We ended up seeing a few deer and a mountain lion up on the sides. Fun story, when we were hiking up and around the rim we saw a thunderstorm begin forming on the plains nearby at near our altitude. Being that high up and seeing the formation so close and begin at near eye level was something to behold. I'll attach a picture. There is another couple of dormant volcanoes to the south but are on private property if I remember correctly. My wife and I decided this area would be a great place to retire for those who like peace and quiet with a view and not feeling like you're in a desert. Haha.
Very cool picture. I love NM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Torgue View Post
You must of read my post history to find out where we're moving to.
LOL no, just a good memory.

Old 11-20-2019, 05:48 AM

33 posts, read 61,916 times
El estado de Coahuila where my family came from. Always awesome every time I have gone since I was little, and where I spent my summer vacations from school. The people, the food, the culture, the beautiful desert and Sierra Madre, everything!!

Old 11-20-2019, 08:42 AM

191 posts, read 91,398 times
Louisiana is my kinda state.

Old 11-20-2019, 08:53 AM

729 posts, read 533,075 times
Oklahoma, far western panhandle. OK has homeschooling guaranteed in its constitution.

Old 11-20-2019, 11:13 AM

9,891 posts, read 6,595,852 times
Louisiana is the only exciting state out of those. I pick Louisiana!

Old 11-22-2019, 11:19 AM

202 posts, read 352,753 times
I mean if money wasn’t an object, id be living outside of Santa Fe no doubt. I also really enjoy SE Oklahoma, so I wouldn’t mind Tulsa and I can go to Broken Bow or Arkansas. I know people **** on OK and it definitely has its issues but I don’t think it’s that bad..but I’m from Montana so I’m partial to the Rockies.

Old 11-23-2019, 10:59 AM

4,001 posts, read 3,265,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
Louisiana is the only exciting state out of those. I pick Louisiana!
? Im guessing you must not enjoy being outside?

LA has a cool local culture and NOLA is neat, but its one of the most borring states in the country scenery wise with some of the worst weather too.

Ive never heard anyone describe Louisiana as "Exciting"

Old 11-23-2019, 12:25 PM

1,168 posts, read 777,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treasurevalley92 View Post
? Im guessing you must not enjoy being outside?
I definitely do, which is why I also chose Louisiana, as I love the humidity and don't care for dry weather and scenery. No place is for everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas