Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2019, 06:54 PM

3,028 posts, read 5,083,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by C24L View Post
I would pick College Station but thats only my opinion.
Strange, you haven't been to Longview, or for that matter Tyler, have you ever been, seriously, to W.F. or C.S., yet you are voting, strange? I wouldn't vote if I did not KNOW first hand about a place, again, strange, lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2019, 07:11 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,377,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Senior View Post
Strange, you haven't been to Longview, or for that matter Tyler, have you ever been, seriously, to W.F. or C.S., yet you are voting, strange? I wouldn't vote if I did not KNOW first hand about a place, again, strange, lol
well I have been to Wichita Falls a bunch of times and never was impressed.I didnt vote for Longview because I dont like landscape that is covered in trees.I prefer College Station because its in Central Texas and its closer to the coast than Longview and Wichita Falls.

Old 10-26-2019, 10:49 PM

3,028 posts, read 5,083,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C24L View Post
well I have been to Wichita Falls a bunch of times and never was impressed.I didnt vote for Longview because I dont like landscape that is covered in trees.I prefer College Station because its in Central Texas and its closer to the coast than Longview and Wichita Falls.
Ok, I see, you KNOW, because you KNOW you don't like landscape covered in trees, in Longview, Tyler has far less trees by the way, and areas around Longview, have cleared areas, with beautiful MEADOWS, and rolling terrain, Tyler too, so this area is not as densely forested as Deep East Texas, which you MIGHT have in mind, since you have NOT been to this area. Still, I will understand if you just don't LIKE many trees, as in West Texas and for that matter much of Central Texas. We are different, and that makes the world go around,lol.

Do you like the mountains? We are closer to the mountains of S.E. Oklahoma, than College Station is to the coast, just saying. Beautiful mountains, trees and/ot no trees in the area of Broken Bow, Ok. it has both types of areas, with lakes and camping areas, for that matter, the Ozarka Mountains are not much farther North and East. A real escape from anything, Texas like, including our Big Bend area, sorry you B.B. lovers, yeah, it's in Texas, so YES Texas Proud, does COUNT, I suppose, for me NOT. lol IMHO.

Old 10-26-2019, 11:07 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,377,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Senior View Post
Ok, I see, you KNOW, because you KNOW you don't like landscape covered in trees, in Longview, Tyler has far less trees by the way, and areas around Longview, have cleared areas, with beautiful MEADOWS, and rolling terrain, Tyler too, so this area is not as densely forested as Deep East Texas, which you MIGHT have in mind, since you have NOT been to this area. Still, I will understand if you just don't LIKE many trees, as in West Texas and for that matter much of Central Texas. We are different, and that makes the world go around,lol.

Do you like the mountains? We are closer to the mountains of S.E. Oklahoma, than College Station is to the coast, just saying. Beautiful mountains, trees and/ot no trees in the area of Broken Bow, Ok. it has both types of areas, with lakes and camping areas, for that matter, the Ozarka Mountains are not much farther North and East. A real escape from anything, Texas like, including our Big Bend area, sorry you B.B. lovers, yeah, it's in Texas, so YES Texas Proud, does COUNT, I suppose, for me NOT. lol IMHO.
I prefer the terrain of West Texas and Central Texas to East Texas.I prefer the mountains out west to those in Oklahoma.I dont have much use for lakes anymore since I do all the fishing at the coast.I dont like many trees.To each their own.Thanks.

Old 10-28-2019, 09:30 AM

17,790 posts, read 13,682,006 times
To me it depends on whether you like mesquite trees, or live oak trees or towering pine trees.

Old 10-28-2019, 05:01 PM

364 posts, read 1,420,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
To me it depends on whether you like mesquite trees, or live oak trees or towering pine trees.
Pretty much, yeah, this is about it./thread

Old 10-29-2019, 06:08 PM

4,379 posts, read 4,621,029 times
I'm from Longview so I might be a little biased but out of those 3 my top choices would be between College Station and Longview. It really depends on what your looking to get out of those 2 to 3 years. I believe College Station has a little bit more of a social scene and amenities than Longview but you stated you're done with the night life so that might not be a big draw. It is a college town so there might be a lot more things catered to that age range. Honestly I haven't been out and about to College Station since I was in college so I couldn't tell you what the scene is like for 30 something year olds.

In Longview there's just enough amenities to not get crazy bored. Out of the 3 it's the best looking imo. There's nearby cities you can always hit up if your tired of Longview such as Tyler/Shreveport and Dallas is a 2 hour drive. There's also other East Texas towns with their own little charm to hit up every once and awhile as well.

Old 10-31-2019, 08:40 AM

4,001 posts, read 3,263,711 times
Been to all 3 but not extensively so take this with a grain of salt.

I would pick College Station. Not just because of nightlife, which I know you don't care about, it just has the youngest vib and I'm willing to bet, the most going on. I like College towns in general. I know all the options do have schools, but College station feels the most like a college town and has the most "Culture"

Wichita falls has the best hiking near it with the Wichita Mountains.

Longview is very green and seems to have more going on than Wichita Falls.

None of them are really that bad of options.

Old 10-31-2019, 10:57 AM

4,379 posts, read 4,621,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treasurevalley92 View Post
Been to all 3 but not extensively so take this with a grain of salt.

I would pick College Station. Not just because of nightlife, which I know you don't care about, it just has the youngest vib and I'm willing to bet, the most going on. I like College towns in general. I know all the options do have schools, but College station feels the most like a college town and has the most "Culture"

Wichita falls has the best hiking near it with the Wichita Mountains.

Longview is very green and seems to have more going on than Wichita Falls.

None of them are really that bad of options.
Not disagreeing or agreeing, just curious when you say College Station has the most "culture" out the 3. But I agree, out the 3 College Station has the most going on. I would assume the dating scene would be better out the 3.

Old 10-31-2019, 11:18 AM

4,001 posts, read 3,263,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlionjr View Post
Not disagreeing or agreeing, just curious when you say College Station has the most "culture" out the 3. But I agree, out the 3 College Station has the most going on. I would assume the dating scene would be better out the 3.
I'm making this assumption because TAMU is a huge university and this has been the case in every town I've been to.

With a bunch of students, you will have a bunch of food options. You will have art students who create art, music students who play music etc.

You'll have lots of highly educated professors who have interests in this sort of stuff.

tamu has an orchestra, a ballet etc. University towns tend to have lots of good funky coffee shops.

In short, major college towns tend to punch above their weight for cultural amenities, food, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas