Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 05:32 PM

81 posts, read 492,156 times

Advertisements

In Delaware, no matter where you drive, you see something...like a farm or houses, or the ocean.

There are places in Texas where you can drive and see nothing on either side of the road you are driving on. I guess it's not really "nothing" per se, but there is no human development.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2008, 06:15 PM

4,108 posts, read 10,802,109 times
Me too...and I'm confident that I'll continue to love it (and grow to love it more) for what it is once I move there!!!

Old 04-25-2008, 07:15 PM

1,618 posts, read 6,616,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsdumpling View Post
I'd love to. Unless and until my obligations change in Delaware, I'm staying here. I love visiting though.

Which part? What do you enjoy most about it here?

Old 04-25-2008, 07:16 PM

52,688 posts, read 47,951,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskies49 View Post
Just curious, what do you mean by "Nothing"?
Maybe he was referring to West Texas.

Old 04-25-2008, 07:21 PM

52,688 posts, read 47,951,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Tex-Mex alone could have a million permutations!
Many of which, of course, come with rice and beans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsdumpling View Post
I'd love to explore every yummy one of them.

I've tasted some of the every yummy one of thems.

Old 04-25-2008, 07:33 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,435,377 times
The absolute MOST fun I have ever had (with clothes on) in my life was floating the river in New Braunfels. It was AMAZING. I hope to bring my daughter back to do that someday.

Old 04-26-2008, 12:56 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,371,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
The absolute MOST fun I have ever had (with clothes on) in my life was floating the river in New Braunfels. It was AMAZING. I hope to bring my daughter back to do that someday.
I LOVE floating the Guadalupe!

Old 04-26-2008, 12:58 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,435,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanwannabe View Post
I LOVE floating the Guadalupe!
I hear the police watch more closely and you can get in trouble for being drunk. That was part of the fun. We had a center tube with an ice chest in the middle, we tied on all around. Good times!!

Old 04-26-2008, 01:52 AM

5,406 posts, read 13,276,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
I hear the police watch more closely and you can get in trouble for being drunk. That was part of the fun. We had a center tube with an ice chest in the middle, we tied on all around. Good times!!
People can enjoy snakes being drunk. Try it sober; you may find it's just as much fun.

Old 04-26-2008, 06:40 AM

81 posts, read 492,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcm1986 View Post
Me too...and I'm confident that I'll continue to love it (and grow to love it more) for what it is once I move there!!!
When ya moving?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike78613 View Post
Which part? What do you enjoy most about it here?

I love the Dallas area, got a buddy in Grand Prairie. You can see the skyline from the end of his road. I'm not a city girl so I like visiting the hustle and bustle once in a while. Oh, love Grape Vine Mills Mall too...way too much

I love San Antonio with all the history and the gorgeous River Walk. It's so romantic riding those boats on a stary night.

Haven't visited but want to go to y'all's beaches. I live 11 miles from the Atlantic here.

I had heard so many times that Wink was the hottest place in the states...temperature. So we visited. Not much there but I still loved the heat.

Haven't gone to Big Bend but it's on my list of things to do.

I guess all in all, your state has everything. Mountains, coastline, prairies, cities, small towns. Hey, there is even a town named after me...Dawn.

Thanks for asking. I know that people moving to Delaware are wide eyed about it. I've lived here 49 years, meh. I do love the ocean, have always been a beach bum but I also love travelling to the mountains. Delaware is flatlanders territory, have to go to western MD to see any mountains.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas