Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2020, 09:19 AM

4,169 posts, read 2,139,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cp102 View Post
We seemed to be doing pretty good until protests, riots , looting destroying too over. So why arent all protests stopped until covid is under control.....of thats .....their right...yep so they can get ill, cost a fortune. Take bed space, stop people from doing anything but staying home. Thank you protestors for nothing! Your message is lost to me because all I see is illness, death, ruining of our economy, kids stuck at home —not going to school. By the way Blue Lives Matter, All Lives Matter
State do not have a power to stop protest. To do so would violate the 1st amendment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2020, 09:39 AM

3,950 posts, read 3,000,266 times
As if this whole fiasco hasn't violated the constitution.

Old 07-14-2020, 09:58 AM

2,509 posts, read 2,211,278 times
The BLM protestors where I live are doing a much better job of being careful than those at the opposite end of the political spectrum. They aren't tubing, going into restaurants to eat or shopping without a mask. I'm not seeing them going viral because of mask-related tantrums.

Old 07-14-2020, 10:51 AM

577 posts, read 456,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcualum View Post
The BLM protestors where I live are doing a much better job of being careful than those at the opposite end of the political spectrum. They aren't tubing, going into restaurants to eat or shopping without a mask. I'm not seeing them going viral because of mask-related tantrums.
How could you possibly know how well the protestors are doing though?

Also, protesting at this point in time is not being 'careful'.

Old 07-14-2020, 11:19 AM

3,950 posts, read 3,000,266 times
Quote:
How could you possibly know all of these peoples political spectrum? What a foolish comment.

Old 07-14-2020, 11:28 AM

3,576 posts, read 2,194,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
State do not have a power to stop protest. To do so would violate the 1st amendment.
But they could make everyone wear a mask, self distance or be arrested. You cant force everyone else to do it then allow protestors not too, we have rights too. But then again the protestors are the ones getting sick now, i hope they learned wear a mask, getting covid isnt worth it.

Old 07-14-2020, 11:30 AM

4,169 posts, read 2,139,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cp102 View Post
But they could make everyone wear a mask, self distance or be arrested. You cant force everyone else to do it then allow protestors not too, we have rights too. But then again the protestors are the ones getting sick now, i hope they learned wear a mask, getting covid isnt worth it.

You can't force someone to self distance, that is a request and not a legal requirement. Cops not going to enforce mask being they have no interest of being mask police. Yes you have rights to stay home, lock your door and put blanket over your head.

Old 07-14-2020, 01:20 PM

2,509 posts, read 2,211,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPatel304 View Post
How could you possibly know how well the protestors are doing though?

Also, protesting at this point in time is not being 'careful'.
I have spoken to many friends who have attended protests. I have also seen the signup websites for one of the main groups where they outline the safety protocol including wearing masks that they expect from the protestors. As for who is and isn't, I've read about surveys of mask wearing and political persuasion and read articles that interview people participating in events without wearing masks. There's also plenty of photos of certain political events where people aren't wearing masks.

Old 07-14-2020, 01:34 PM

8,319 posts, read 5,478,374 times
Quote:
I have spoken to many friends who have attended protests. I have also seen the signup websites for one of the main groups where they outline the safety protocol including wearing masks that they expect from the protestors. As for who is and isn't, I've read about surveys of mask wearing and political persuasion and read articles that interview people participating in events without wearing masks. There's also plenty of photos of certain political events where people aren't wearing masks.
Well, Republicans are far less likely to wear masks than Democrats so its probably a fair assumption:

https://www.pewresearch.org/politics...irus-concerns/

Old 07-14-2020, 01:42 PM

3,576 posts, read 2,194,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
You can't force someone to self distance, that is a request and not a legal requirement. Cops not going to enforce mask being they have no interest of being mask police. Yes you have rights to stay home, lock your door and put blanket over your head.
I agree you cant force it, but the point is covid will go up as long as the behavior happens, os if we want to open people need to do the right thing, if not covid will be here for awhile. I believe in keeping is opened not closing , it will ruin the economy for eveyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas