Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Face Mask
Have some 19 22.89%
Have none 20 24.10%
Use it 32 38.55%
wish had some 12 14.46%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2020, 05:31 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,534,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
No, dont buy any mask you can get your hands on. Buy a few for yourself if you need, do not hoard them.
Correction on my part. Yes buy any face mask except N95(leave this for medical pros), but don’t hoard them. Just buy one for yourself . Some protection is better than none. Wear in public at all times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2020, 08:33 PM

99 posts, read 50,052 times
Face mask matter is clear now, new issue is about pets being fomite or vector due to virus staying on their fur, feet or tongue. With a tiger getting infected by their caretaker in Bronx Zoo, this is a new frontier. How to keep them safe and how to stay safe from them?

Old 04-06-2020, 01:46 PM

1 posts, read 250 times
I don’t have mask 95 n I wait ordering month and I don’t have place at homeless and find apt need place money rent apt soon and Coronavirus wait open

Old 04-06-2020, 02:24 PM

1,728 posts, read 3,442,234 times
Quote:
So then tell me, why in Thailand, the Philippines, and Vietnam where people are far less likely to wear masks is it not spreading to the same degree?
Says who?

Old 04-06-2020, 02:30 PM

1,728 posts, read 3,442,234 times
Quote:
Here is I guess what Im getting at:

Nobody wants to talk about the role of heat and humidity in the slow of spread of this virus. The data is there based on where new cases are popping up. The problem is every one who has an opinion wants to say that it will either kill the virus completely or that it will have no effect at all and neither of those statements are true. We cant rely on it, we still have to do the hard work, but it can very much help us.
Have you seen the videos out of Guayaquil Ecuador (Hot and Humid climate) ? if not here take a gander.

https://www.reddit.com/r/EdsManifest...m_medium=web2x

Old 04-06-2020, 02:41 PM

8,333 posts, read 5,488,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lipbalm View Post
Have you seen the videos out of Guayaquil Ecuador (Hot and Humid climate) ? if not here take a gander.

I could care less about videos on social media. I care about the statistics regarding new cases. Im not interested in false equivalencies. The spread in Ecuador is not comparable to Italy, USA, or Spain in the slightest.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

https://www.who.int/emergencies/dise...uation-reports

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipbalm View Post
Says who?
My wife is from Thailand, Ive been there and all other counties I named numerous times. Wearing masks is much more cultural thing in Japan, Korea, and parts of China. Not so much in Southeast Asia.

And as far as how fast it spreading in those countries, the statistics say it all.

Old 04-06-2020, 02:55 PM

4,379 posts, read 4,620,046 times
Quote:
That’s your prerogative. I personally will not unless that becomes the recommendation of a group of global scientists. Even then, while I can see the value of wearing the to the market, there’s no way in hell I’ll be wearing them to go for a run around my neighborhood or sit in my front yard. If you wish to more power to you.

I’d be more inclined to believe the WHO any other group because they are global. Trump slashed the CDC funding when he came into office so I believe they are doing the best they can.
Funny how I wrote this on March 30 and days later WHO and CDC recommends wearing face mask out in public. Again I’ll believe an expert from a country who’s done a better job combatting the spread of the virus more so than the West. And again the Professor stated if your going to go out in public where your encountering people(grocery store) it’s best to wear a mask. The General surgeon initially said that was unnecessary. Even a few epidemiologist said wearing a mask under those conditions wasn’t necessary. Now it’s “the more research we’ve done we now realize” blah blah talk. In the East they clearly have a better understanding of how these viruses work because they’ve dealt with these events numerous times before.

Old 04-06-2020, 03:10 PM

8,333 posts, read 5,488,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlionjr View Post
Funny how I wrote this on March 30 and days later WHO and CDC recommends wearing face mask out in public. Again I’ll believe an expert from a country who’s done a better job combatting the spread of the virus more so than the West. And again the Professor stated if your going to go out in public where your encountering people(grocery store) it’s best to wear a mask. The General surgeon initially said that was unnecessary. Even a few epidemiologist said wearing a mask under those conditions wasn’t necessary. Now it’s “the more research we’ve done we now realize” blah blah talk. In the East they clearly have a better understanding of how these viruses work because they’ve dealt with these events numerous times before.
Since the announcement, I have been wearing a mask when I need to go to the market or any place where there are people around. Even before this Im not a denialist. I simply avoided places with people and when I had to go the market I kept my distance and used hand sanitizer liberally. But the only times when Im outside for long periods are on my daily runs and Im not around anybody at all for that.

Old 04-07-2020, 08:59 AM

19,778 posts, read 18,069,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlionjr View Post
You mean like how well masks have worked out for the Japanese?

https://www.foxnews.com/world/japan-...o-self-isolate

Old 04-07-2020, 03:02 PM

4,503 posts, read 4,612,137 times
I wonder if it's ok to walk into a bank wearing a face mask during this pandemic?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas