Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2020, 10:09 PM

4,716 posts, read 8,572,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by biafra4life View Post
He's been doing this from the very beginning of this thread. Blabbering on and on while adding absolutely NOTHING of value to the thread. You are not supposed to throw the "T" word at people on here but I cannot think of a better term to describe what he's been doing.
He’s an internet edgelord. A lot of them can’t tell the difference between the “T” word and real life, and it usually ends up manifesting itself in subtly peddling eugenics and other alt-right BS. I normally wouldn’t bother, but we’ve all got nothing but time.

Last edited by Westerner92; 03-31-2020 at 10:46 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2020, 10:00 AM

1,514 posts, read 890,031 times
Not a good day for death numbers. Not a good day for total death projections. Projected deaths to be way higher then the seasonal flu. Some hospitals are already being over run in the US. New estimates show 25% to 50% of coronavirus carriers don't even have symptoms and can infect others blindly. Experts are now considering making recommendations people start wearing masks, reversing the previous recommendation of its not neccessary.

A significant number of people are not obeying the CDC and government social distancing and stay at home orders. Some do not have any orders at all. Many businesses that are not essential are labeling themselves as essential and staying open and requiring there employees to come in endangering them.

But hey! Lets continue to have the cavalier and las sey fair attitude of letting each local district figure there own selves out. Especially since some of these leaders are in lock step with the President who frequently made mistruths about Covid-19 and regularly dismissed science on this (and other issues) as "Fake News" and a Liberal Hoax to attack him.

Some, like the President even recommended we get back to work while we have not even peaked yet and/or the vulnerable should be willing to die for the economy and stock market. But hey, gotta make that dough! We are open for business and if you act now on todays sale, its buy one get one. Sorry, no masks are provided but we have hand sanitizer at all the entrances because... we care about our employees and your safety

Last edited by txbullsfan; 04-01-2020 at 10:51 AM..

Old 04-01-2020, 10:18 AM

577 posts, read 456,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txbullsfan View Post
A significant number of people are not obeying the CDC and government social distancing and stay at home orders, some do not have any orders at all but hey, lets continue to have the cavalier and las sey fair attitude of letting each local district figure there own selves out. Especially since some of these leaders are in lock step with the President who frequently made mistruths about Covid-19 and regularly dismissed science on this (and other issues) as "Fake News" and Liberal Hoax to attack him.
Does the whole country need to be on lockdown? Do we know what the situation is like in some of the rural parts of the country?

Quote:
Some, like the President even recommended the vulnerable should be willing to die for the economy and stock market. But hey, we are open for business and if you act now on todays sale, its buy one get one
Where did the President recommend the vulnuerable should be willing to die for the economy?

Old 04-01-2020, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPatel304 View Post
Does the whole country need to be on lockdown? Do we know what the situation is like in some of the rural parts of the country?
Yes, everyone but non essential personal throughout the country. This would only be a temporary non permanent order and done to prevent deaths from hospitals being over run, which we are already seeing at some locations here in the US and throughout the world.

Some of the rural parts of the country are the worse offenders of not obeying the social distancing orders based on cell phone movement data. Ironically, overall, it's actually the cities that are complying the best, not the rural residents. One only needs to look at cell phone movement data to see how people congregate to a populated area, say to a beach or park and migrate back to a rural area to see why it is essential everyone, from city to rural area comply.

Quote:
Where did the President recommend the vulnuerable should be willing to die for the economy?
The President said we, those inadequately equipped, should get back to work in the mist of a deadly Pandemic that has not peaked yet. You say Tomato, I say tomotoe.

Old 04-01-2020, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Yes, everyone but non essential personal throughout the country. This would only be a temporary non permanent order and done to prevent deaths from hospitals being over run, which we are already seeing at some locations here in the US and throughout the world.

Some of the rural parts of the country are the worse offenders of not obeying the social distancing orders based on cell phone movement data. Ironically, overall, it's actually the cities that are complying the best, not the rural residents. One only needs to look at cell phone movement data to see how people congregate to a populated area, say to a beach or park and migrate back to a rural area to see why it is essential everyone, from city to rural area comply.
I meant how widespread is the virus in those rural areas. I'm only asking because a lot of the country is comprised of small rural towns and if those are largely unaffected, I don't see why they should all also be on lockdown as well.

I guess that really depends on whether or not the virus has hit those towns, and that's something we likely have no idea about right now.

Quote:
The President said we, those inadequately equipped, should get back to work in the mist of a deadly Pandemic that has not peaked yet. You say Tomato, I say tomotoe.
I was hoping for a source using his actual words.

Old 04-01-2020, 11:39 AM

Quote:
I was hoping for a source using his actual words.
Google is your friend man.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...erica-business

Also here:
https://youtu.be/xhPhH4QkMgY

Everyone reading this post, please read and watch both links

Old 04-01-2020, 11:45 AM

Quote:
When is he suggesting we get back to work? It seems like he's eager to get the country going again (I think we all are), but that safety seems to be his priority.

Old 04-01-2020, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biafra4life View Post
So even if those lives included your family members you would still let them die? and die of something that could have been easily prevented had we locked down? simple yes or no
Quote:
Yes
Quote:
When is he suggesting we get back to work? It seems like he's eager to get the country going again (I think we all are), but that safety seems to be his priority.
Judging from your previous post to this post (how quickly you responded to my post where I provided a decent sized article to read and a separate video) and from your prior posts you appear to me to not be reading (at least into) whats being said by other forum members and you appear to not have read the article and information I have provided. Also, I know you did not read the article I just provided because you are asking a question that was answered in that article I provided. You would not have asked it if you read it. It gives the exact time Trump was suggesting we get back to work. That "we need to get back to work". A time that is contradictory to what the actual experts are saying and a time well before we peak during this deadly epidemic. A time that if enacted would overwhelm hospitals even more when we are already seeing them stretched thin and overwhelmed.

After I read your post on out how you, DPatel, would personally let your friends and family members die of something that could have easily been prevented if we lock down temporarily (which is screwed up in my opinion), I see we are at odds ethically and morally so I initially felt there was nothing further to discus with you. However, I thought, just because this guy is at odds with me morally and ethically regarding this topic, hear him out, listen to what he has to say and engage with him anyway. Not everyone is going to agree with my opinion anyway and that is ok. However, the conversation was already on thin ice with me and when I take the time and effort to give you information and links you requested and you do not even take the time to read them (see paragraph above), that was the straw that broke the camel's back. I choose not to engage with you anymore but I do wish you and your family and friends stay happy and healthy and that they are not forced into any situation where their life and safety are not the highest priority. Have a nice day.

Old 04-01-2020, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Judging from this post (how quickly you responded to my post where I provided a decent sized article to read and a separate video) and from your prior posts you appear to me to not be reading whats being said by other forum members and you appear to not have read the article and information I have provided. Also, I know you did not read the article I just provided because you are asking a question that was answered in that article I provided. You would not have asked it if you read it. It gives the exact time Trump was suggesting we get back to work.
I am only interested in Trump's words, which is why it didn't take me long to read the article. The only direct quotes from the article are:
“I think it’s possible. Why isn’t it? We’ve never controlled the country before and we’ve had some flus and some viruses. I think it’s absolutely possible,”
“We have to get our country back to work. Our country wants to go back to work.”
"packed churches"

The video you sent me is Trump talking about being eager to get back to work and mentioning that when people do get back to work, they'll likely continue to social distance, wash hands, etc..

So it was these words that lead you to believe "the President even recommended the vulnerable should be willing to die for the economy and stock market."? Sounds like a bit of a reach, IMO, unless I'm missing something.

Quote:
After I read your post on out how you, DPatel, would personally let your friends and family members die of something that could have easily been prevented if we lock down temporarily (which is screwed up in my opinion),
We are all guilty of this, which is why we don't shut down the economy during flu season. I realize that, during flu season, I am risking the lives of friends/family, but I choose to keep the economy going, as do you.

Quote:
I see we are at odds ethically and morally so I initially felt there was nothing further to discus with you. However, I thought, just because this guy is at odds with what me morally and ethically regarding this topic, hear him out, listen to what he has to say and engage with him anyway. Not everyone is going to agree with my opinion anyway and that is ok. However, the conversation was already on thin ice with me and when I take the time and effort to give you information and links you requested and you do not even take the time to read them (see paragraph above), that was the straw that broke the camel's back. I choose not to engage with you anymore but I do wish you and your family and friends stay happy and healthy and that they are not forced into any situation where their life and safety are not the highest priority. Have a nice day.
The news article you sent me wasn't really helpful, since only about 2% of it were direct quotes from Trump. I appreciate the links, but I didn't expect to have to sift through an article and watch a youtube video to try and interpret how you came to the conclusions that "the President even recommended the vulnerable should be willing to die for the economy and stock market.". I was hoping you would just provide a direct quote from the President which made you come to this conclusion. Similar to how you went through the trouble of finding a direct quote from myself.

Last edited by DPatel304; 04-01-2020 at 12:49 PM..

Old 04-01-2020, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westerner92 View Post
Hey txbullsfan, notice how he didn't respond to my last comment. He's an alt-right dweeb playing stupid.
I refuse to label DPatel304 or call him names.

However, him not answering some of my questions as well (such as my weather analogy etc.) also factored in with all the other reasons why I chose not to engage him anymore. Based on him not answering some specific questions and not reading some articles presented to him, it does appear, at least to me, that he is closed minded about the subject and already made up his mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas