Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Takeout or Home Cooked
Be careful and cook 7 18.42%
Enjoy Takeout 3 7.89%
Both 28 73.68%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2020, 09:27 AM

61,197 posts, read 86,043,522 times

Advertisements

If I do, I order only from places that didn't have problems with Kitchen Cops (food inspections) previously. Because if those places didn't follow sanitary rules when one was looking, they aren't going to follow them now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2020, 02:50 PM

99 posts, read 49,452 times
As scientists now agree on possibility of aerosol and oral-fecal transmission of Coronavirus, shouldn’t there be new regulations for restaurant food? Everything which can’t be reheated long enough to kill the bacteria, can cause transmission if chef, packer, cashier or delivery guy is a COVID-19 carrier. No salads, drinks, cold desserts etc?

Old 04-16-2020, 03:33 PM

144 posts, read 159,141 times
It is safer to cook at home, without a doubt. However, there are several local businesses that really need assistance during this trying time, specifically those involved in hospitality. They could really use your patronage. These are places that I'm sure most of us frequent and are big fans of when times are 'normal'. Seeing them go under would be a big blow to the community. So I'm trying to do a mix of both, something like cooking 80% of my meals and ordering 20% of them.

Old 04-16-2020, 04:22 PM

8,196 posts, read 5,333,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillennialMaverick View Post
It is safer to cook at home, without a doubt. However, there are several local businesses that really need assistance during this trying time, specifically those involved in hospitality. They could really use your patronage. These are places that I'm sure most of us frequent and are big fans of when times are 'normal'. Seeing them go under would be a big blow to the community. So I'm trying to do a mix of both, something like cooking 80% of my meals and ordering 20% of them.
I agree though Im doing the reverse. Im ordering out 80% of the time and cooking at home 20%. These guys really need our help. If they dont survive, our cities will suffer a blow that we will not recover from. I try to leave $20 tips to help too.

Old 04-16-2020, 07:00 PM

9,753 posts, read 6,387,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
I agree though Im doing the reverse. Im ordering out 80% of the time and cooking at home 20%. These guys really need our help. If they dont survive, our cities will suffer a blow that we will not recover from. I try to leave $20 tips to help too.
I’d love to do this but I have to keep my muscular physique and my body healthy, so my eating regime requires me to mainly eat at home. When I do eat out I look out for my Caribbean community so I eat at Venezuelan and Puerto Rican restaurants usually. Sometimes Jamaican or Trinidadian.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas