Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2022, 02:28 PM

679 posts, read 274,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
So how can you argue with this....it's the first sentence in the article.
Oh my goodness. You make it too easy.

As I mentioned before, breaking ground is not the same as starting construction.

Very curious that you are so invested in pretending this building has started construction, when it very clearly has not.

I will not be responding any further to dallasboi. I will continue to post corrections and accurate information. Facts matter.

Last edited by oil capital; 07-01-2022 at 03:08 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2022, 03:05 PM

61,713 posts, read 87,123,005 times
^^^ Agree to disagree and move on!

Break ground:
To start a construction project. The phrase refers to the first excavation of the site, often done with a ceremonial shovel.

Break ground AMERICAN
1. If someone breaks ground on a new building, they start building it and if a new building breaks ground, it starts to be built.
https://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/break+ground

Break ground:

to begin work on a construction project
https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/...h/break-ground

Perhaps someone can post a picture??

Last edited by elnina; 07-01-2022 at 03:17 PM..

Old 07-01-2022, 05:08 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,452,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
^^^ Agree to disagree and move on!

Break ground:
To start a construction project. The phrase refers to the first excavation of the site, often done with a ceremonial shovel.

Break ground AMERICAN
1. If someone breaks ground on a new building, they start building it and if a new building breaks ground, it starts to be built.
https://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/break+ground

Break ground:

to begin work on a construction project
https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/...h/break-ground

Perhaps someone can post a picture??
THANK YOU.

Old 07-01-2022, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil capital View Post
oh my goodness. You make it too easy.

As i mentioned before, breaking ground is not the same as starting construction.

Very curious that you are so invested in pretending this building has started construction, when it very clearly has not.

i will not be responding any further. Facts matter.

thank you.

Old 07-02-2022, 04:54 PM

9,891 posts, read 6,595,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oil capital View Post
Under construction in Houston

TMC3
Levit Green
East River Phase 1
Terminal D/E/FIS expansion/renovation
River Oaks District expansion/renovationnot sure anything is under construction here
Skanksa building by Discovery Green
Montrose Collective (might be finished by now) Yes, essentially finished
Theatre District (Lynn Wyatt Square for the Performing Arts)
Texas A&M Complex in Texas Medical Center
Baylor College of Medicine/St. Lukes McNair Campus
Parkside Residences at Discovery Green
Houston Methodist Centennial Tower
Not to add fuel to the whatever the heck is this is, but the new River Oaks District wing did already begin construction. Was there earlier.

Old 07-03-2022, 09:15 AM

6,695 posts, read 9,947,759 times
I’ve seen Houston’s skyline recently. The new additions to Houston’s skyline is VERY impressive. I’ve always thought Houston’s skyline was large and dominating but the new Texas Tower and 609 Main adds to Houston’s skyline aesthetically. Not even gonna lie, when I seen Houston’s skyline I smiled from ear to ear. First time I’ve ever done that lol.

It also seems that 98 Red River in Austin is under construction. I’ve always thought Dallas would get a supertall before Austin…but not so. It will be the tallest building in Texas at 1,022 ft. People would have thought that it was not even a possibility 5 to 10 years ago. That’s hella impressive as well.

Last edited by Dallaz; 07-03-2022 at 09:25 AM..

Old 07-03-2022, 01:25 PM

6,695 posts, read 9,947,759 times
Downtown Dallas’ nighttime vibrancy has dramatically improved. Since the opening of new downtown parks, the AT&T Discovery District, etc. it has made Downtown more walkable and enjoyable to visitors/residents. You would’ve never seen this many people in Downtown Dallas 10 years ago on a Saturday night. We still have a long ways to go but this is promising…

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=l-zmQd...ature=youtu.be

Old 07-03-2022, 04:44 PM

3,888 posts, read 2,202,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
I’ve seen Houston’s skyline recently. The new additions to Houston’s skyline is VERY impressive. I’ve always thought Houston’s skyline was large and dominating but the new Texas Tower and 609 Main adds to Houston’s skyline aesthetically. Not even gonna lie, when I seen Houston’s skyline I smiled from ear to ear. First time I’ve ever done that lol.

It also seems that 98 Red River in Austin is under construction. I’ve always thought Dallas would get a supertall before Austin…but not so. It will be the tallest building in Texas at 1,022 ft. People would have thought that it was not even a possibility 5 to 10 years ago. That’s hella impressive as well.
I agree! Dallas, Houston and Austin are all doing big things in their downtown's. Ft. Worth too! A beautiful thing!

Old 07-04-2022, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
I agree! Dallas, Houston and Austin are all doing big things in their downtown's. Ft. Worth too! A beautiful thing!
Ft.Worth is about to surprise everyone!!!........Dallas Fort Worth can and will only get better going forward.

I admit to being a Dallas "Homer" but Fort Worth is a very important piece to this MEGA-CITY Metroplex.

*Panther Island
* Houston Street Entertainment Strip- From the New KBH Deck Park Convention Center north through Victory Park.
* The Smart District
* Field Street District
* Goldman Sach's 5 Building District
* The Reunion District-Aso 5 buildings

Will Be "GAME CHANGERS" for DFW....I Can't wait!!!!

Last edited by dallasboi; 07-04-2022 at 12:30 AM..

Old 07-04-2022, 12:38 AM

New "Teaser" clip from the new Downtown Dallas website.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxZeONzMSS4
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas