Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2023, 10:35 AM

6,695 posts, read 9,947,759 times

Advertisements

Update

The Apt Project across from the new Harwood Park has started. Crane is up for that one.

Modera St. Paul Project has started. Crane is up for this one too

Dallas’ landmark Comerica Bank Tower may soon see apartments, hotel, retail stores
(Link in title shows full article. It’s worth reading)

The article mentioned the AT&T Discovery District. I believe it’s having the same impact like KWP did for the Arts District (Downtown) and Uptown. We’re starting to see more office conversions/projects probably due to the major draw it has. The AT&T Discovery District also draws over 1 million ppl per year.

17-story Uptown office tower set for Dallas’ McKinney Avenue

Quote:
Stonelake Capital Partners is joining the fray with plans to build a 17-story, 180,000-square-foot office tower on McKinney Avenue.

The building at 2626 McKinney would open in mid-2025 on a site across the street from Whole Foods Market. The property is now occupied by a low-rise office.

“Being next door to Whole Foods and walking distance to The Crescent and Ritz-Carlton, 2626 McKinney will provide the full spectrum of offerings for tenants who want to be in the urban core of one of the most dynamic markets in the country,” Stonelake Capital partner Coleman Brown said.

Last edited by Dallaz; 02-03-2023 at 11:00 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2023, 11:04 AM

679 posts, read 274,867 times
Currently under construction in Dallas and Houston downtowns Updated to add the in downtown Dallas and the Esperson Building residential conversion in downtown Houston.

Dallas
-Modera St Paul - 16 story apartments (Downtown)
-JW Marriott - 15 stories (on top of garage) (Downtown)
-Jackson at Market Parking Garage w/ space for retail on ground floor (Downtown)
- Energy Plaza resi conversion (Downtown
- Santander Tower resi conversion
- Apartments by Harwood Park (7 stories)

Houston
-1550 On the Green - 28 stories (Downtown)
-1810 Main - 10 stories (Downtown)
-Moxy Hotel (Hotel conversion of State National Bank Building)
-1801 Smith - resi conversion (Downtown)
-Sovereign at the Ballpark - 7-story apartments (Downtown)
-The Charles residential (Warehouse district-Downtown)
-Warehouse District apartments (Warehouse District - Downtown)
-Esperson Building resi congestion (Downtown)

Old 02-08-2023, 10:08 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,452,922 times
Random Thought:

I know I've probably said this a million times but if you haven't done this yet you MUST drive over the Sylvan Bridge from Singleton blvd to Irving Blvd AT NIGHT!!!!......I just did and it gets better and better each time ...I almost had a wreck...lol

Old 02-09-2023, 09:44 AM

355 posts, read 469,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
Random Thought:

I know I've probably said this a million times but if you haven't done this yet you MUST drive over the Sylvan Bridge from Singleton blvd to Irving Blvd AT NIGHT!!!!......I just did and it gets better and better each time ...I almost had a wreck...lol
You're so right! Dallas is having a really nice skyline put together, even in the daytime!

Imagine all the gaps in between built out with mid/high-rise development.

Old 02-09-2023, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
Random Thought:

Boi, No lies there.

That’s by far my favorite view of downtown.

BTW

The convention center/District redo update. New deck park, more pedestrian friendly streets, etc. with completion in 2028.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cZMiwA...ature=youtu.be

Old 02-10-2023, 01:53 PM

4,437 posts, read 5,348,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oil capital View Post
Currently under construction in Dallas and Houston downtowns Updated to add the in downtown Dallas and the Esperson Building residential conversion in downtown Houston.

Dallas
-Modera St Paul - 16 story apartments (Downtown)
-JW Marriott - 15 stories (on top of garage) (Downtown)
-Jackson at Market Parking Garage w/ space for retail on ground floor (Downtown)
- Energy Plaza resi conversion (Downtown
- Santander Tower resi conversion
- Apartments by Harwood Park (7 stories)

Houston
-1550 On the Green - 28 stories (Downtown)
-1810 Main - 10 stories (Downtown)
-Moxy Hotel (Hotel conversion of State National Bank Building)
-1801 Smith - resi conversion (Downtown)
-Sovereign at the Ballpark - 7-story apartments (Downtown)
-The Charles residential (Warehouse district-Downtown)
-Warehouse District apartments (Warehouse District - Downtown)
-Esperson Building resi congestion (Downtown)
Houston has way more and taller buildings under construction outside of DT for some reason.

Old 02-10-2023, 06:37 PM

30-story Uptown Dallas tower set to start at midyear

Quote:
The development is designed to include a 30-story office tower with ground-floor retail. A second phase would have a hotel.

The $200 million first phase of Parkside Uptown is scheduled to start in midyear, according to planning documents filed with the state.

“Project is for a 30-story podium style tower with underground parking,” the filing with the Texas Department of Licensing & Regulation says. “Ground floor would incorporate retail and restaurant uses.”

The high-rise wouldn’t open until 2026.
Project Renderings - Height 450 ft

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VPb9w_...ature=youtu.be

Old 02-10-2023, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
Boi, No lies there.

That’s by far my favorite view of downtown.

BTW

The convention center/District redo update. New deck park, more pedestrian friendly streets, etc. with completion in 2028.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cZMiwA...ature=youtu.be
7 min video flyover

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KJXPG-...ature=youtu.be

Old 02-11-2023, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
Man this is good stuff!!!...

Old 03-07-2023, 08:36 PM

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/...-neighborhood/

First look: Next new tower proposed for Dallas’ Turtle Creek neighborhood

Quote:
The tower proposed by Dallas’ Validus Development Corp. would include 104 luxury residential units in 29 stories. Developers presented plans for the project – located at Hood and Brown streets near Fairmount – at this week’s Oak Lawn Committee meeting.

Units in the tower would average more than 2,200 square feet, with only four residences per floor. All of the parking would be located in an underground garage and a swimming pool would be built on a second-floor tenant amenity area.
Quote:
The residential tower would share the block with another apartment high-rise – the 22-story, 270-unit Aster apartments, which opened in 2021. Two more residential towers are across Hood Street on the adjoining block.

A half dozen apartment and condominium towers and a luxury hotel also are planned in the Turtle Creek corridor between Uptown and Highland Park.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas