U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-19-2020, 11:13 AM
 
Location: Houston
2,897 posts, read 2,352,929 times
Reputation: 2346

Advertisements

Boerne will be good as long as you don't mind a small-town-that's-turning-into-a-metropolitan-suburb atmosphere - reasonable access to San Antonio for worship and Kerrville for VA Hospital.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-19-2020, 12:08 PM
 
7,648 posts, read 3,605,936 times
Reputation: 21780
Do you mean "conservative Jew" as in not orthodox or Reform, or do you mean "conservative Jew" as in Republican?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2020, 12:45 PM
 
1,414 posts, read 712,288 times
Reputation: 1302
He means "constitutional conservative Jew". A constitutional conservative is like Ron Paul or Ted Cruz. They think the government should be run like the constitution, and the rest should be left to the states. At least that is how I've heard it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2020, 05:28 AM
 
219 posts, read 214,582 times
Reputation: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by turf3 View Post
Do you mean "conservative Jew" as in not orthodox or Reform, or do you mean "conservative Jew" as in Republican?
Conservative politically. Want a smaller town for us to retire. Would sacrifice proximity to a larger city
For religious worship and medical care. Kerrville or further sounds fine and nice to have a VA too.
Don’t want liberals waving their hand in front of their noses just because I have a diesel pick up truck.
Would like to have a Trump sign on front lawn too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2020, 05:32 AM
 
219 posts, read 214,582 times
Reputation: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by supfromthesite View Post
He means "constitutional conservative Jew". A constitutional conservative is like Ron Paul or Ted Cruz. They think the government should be run like the constitution, and the rest should be left to the states. At least that is how I've heard it
Correct! Like a Mark Levin. Another constitutional conservative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2020, 06:54 AM
 
Location: Austin, TX
13,500 posts, read 30,034,829 times
Reputation: 7140
Quote:
Originally Posted by anjcohen View Post
Would like to have a Trump sign on front lawn too.
This came up when I was visiting my mom in Fredericksburg last election cycle. In her neighborhood (a 55+ HOA) in Fredericksburg, there are very few signs for any party. There are some, but she tells me that the 'sign people' are pretty much avoided by the 90% or whatever that are not 'sign people'. My mom, who is a conservative (although more old-school), just doesn't want to spend her retirement years arguing politics and she is apparently not unique.

In any case, she has some funny stories from the Friday night social pot-luck and how you can see people try to escape the political spouters. She has two friends that have worked out emergency 'wing woman' tactics to extract each other diplomatically if they get trapped.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2020, 04:55 PM
 
219 posts, read 214,582 times
Reputation: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by anjcohen View Post
Conservative politically. Want a smaller town for us to retire. Would sacrifice proximity to a larger city
For religious worship and medical care. Kerrville or further sounds fine and nice to have a VA too.
Don’t want liberals waving their hand in front of their noses just because I have a diesel pick up truck.
Would like to have a Trump sign on front lawn too.
Truck does not smoke. 7.3 L 216k miles and runs like a charm. Been to Seattle to see a few of the grandchildren and was chastised twice by locals.
Again, constitutional conservative attempting to live in a more conservative area. I have friends and family there. Bio family came in 1880’s.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2020, 09:30 PM
 
2,149 posts, read 1,943,972 times
Reputation: 2349
Quote:
Originally Posted by anjcohen View Post
Truck does not smoke. 7.3 L 216k miles and runs like a charm. Been to Seattle to see a few of the grandchildren and was chastised twice by locals.
Again, constitutional conservative attempting to live in a more conservative area. I have friends and family there. Bio family came in 1880’s.
Ahh, Washington. The only place in 22 years in the Army where I was accosted for my vehicle choice. I drove my 2002 Ford Expedition to a grocery store (in 2004) after getting off duty at Fort Lewis. Had some crazy woman in an early 80s Volvo wagon scream at me for driving a planet killing SUV by myself. I pointed out the blue smoke coming from her vintage car, and she flipped me off and sputtered off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-21-2020, 05:33 AM
 
219 posts, read 214,582 times
Reputation: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXStrat View Post
Ahh, Washington. The only place in 22 years in the Army where I was accosted for my vehicle choice. I drove my 2002 Ford Expedition to a grocery store (in 2004) after getting off duty at Fort Lewis. Had some crazy woman in an early 80s Volvo wagon scream at me for driving a planet killing SUV by myself. I pointed out the blue smoke coming from her vintage car, and she flipped me off and sputtered off.
Typical and worse since you were there. Adult children and grandchildren selling home and heading to Montana.
Our son 100 % disabled combat Marine veteran had enough. We left for Idaho 6 years ago and waiting for my wife to retire from VA medical center

Hill Country just may be a good option for us in addition to staying in Montana for the summers.

Boise Idaho changing and slowly turning more blue each year. We are out of here soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-21-2020, 06:11 AM
 
Location: College Station, TX
329 posts, read 1,256,008 times
Reputation: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by anjcohen View Post
Truck does not smoke. 7.3 L 216k miles and runs like a charm. Been to Seattle to see a few of the grandchildren and was chastised twice by locals.
Again, constitutional conservative attempting to live in a more conservative area. I have friends and family there. Bio family came in 1880’s.
You will fit in like a native. Go to HEB in Kerrville or Fredericksburg and you will see most of the women in full size, body-on-frame SUV's or 3/4 ton pickups. You will see an occasional Volvo, MB, or BMW, but most of them will be SUV's as well.

Many of these women will also be carrying a concealed weapon.

So, yeah, you will be in good company.

Last edited by RSTX; 05-21-2020 at 06:12 AM.. Reason: add location for clarity
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top