Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Second Wave
June 12 23.08%
July 17 32.69%
August 4 7.69%
September 6 11.54%
November 13 25.00%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2020, 09:17 AM

99 posts, read 50,035 times

Advertisements

How are your Texans treating this pandemic now? Are they playing it safe or showing a risky behavior? Do you see a second COVID-19 wave coming? If so, which month?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2020, 09:25 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,694 posts, read 58,004,579 times
Texas has never seen the first wave (spread out cases and population)

Texas (as a state) has not done significant Social Distancing to any large extent (rural areas).
I would say there will be a 'perpetual wave' in most of Texas. (for next 3 yrs)

"There are plenty of people, let them die if they can't hack it." (my perspective of Texans I meet)

Most retail stores in my area of TX are packed with kids / spouse / families. (not like ONE person in family does ALL the shopping). Very selfish, very sad, very Texan.

The stats show it. (as of today... Texas is in SECOND PLACE of all states and US territories in number of new cases / day) Gotta get into first place!!! It's TEXAS!

Old 06-09-2020, 09:27 AM

16,214 posts, read 11,327,268 times
The entire subject is "unexplored territory"; but the people who wail loud and long about a "second wave: are the same as those who called for maximum restrictions this spring -- in other words, self-proclaimed "progressives" on a power trip.

At this point, we don't even know how the "first wave", will play out, but the experience gained this past winter will allow us to prepare much better for whatever materializes.

We all have a lot to learn, but note that the poll submitted by the OP doesn't allow for a "never" option -- which says a lot about what so-called "experts" believe, and seek to force on all of us.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 06-09-2020 at 09:35 AM..

Old 06-09-2020, 10:33 AM

99 posts, read 50,035 times
At this point, “never” doesn’t look like a real option. I can’t comment on rural areas but numbers from cities of Houston and Dallas doesn’t look good enough to feel too optimistic.

With all the shoppers, protestors, campaigners and leisure activity lovers throwing out caution out of the window, we may keep riding just one wave until a good vaccine is easily available to masses. That is if anti-vacciners won’t show resistance. If people aren’t willing to practice completely harmless measures like masking, hand washing and some social distancing then what are the odds for everyone agreeing to get vaccines with some possible side-effects.

Old 06-09-2020, 06:10 PM

6,222 posts, read 3,594,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
Texas has never seen the first wave (spread out cases and population)

Texas (as a state) has not done significant Social Distancing to any large extent (rural areas).
I would say there will be a 'perpetual wave' in most of Texas. (for next 3 yrs)

"There are plenty of people, let them die if they can't hack it." (my perspective of Texans I meet)

Most retail stores in my area of TX are packed with kids / spouse / families. (not like ONE person in family does ALL the shopping). Very selfish, very sad, very Texan.

The stats show it. (as of today... Texas is in SECOND PLACE of all states and US territories in number of new cases / day) Gotta get into first place!!! It's TEXAS!
Texas is the SECOND largest state in the US

Old 06-09-2020, 09:10 PM

1,965 posts, read 1,265,141 times
Can't have a second wave if the first never ended!

Old 06-11-2020, 06:25 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,867,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamposite View Post
Texas is the SECOND largest state in the US
Took the words right out of my mouth.

Old 06-11-2020, 06:40 AM

68 posts, read 44,684 times
Everyone in the country needs to read this and let it sink in ... those still asleep better wake up because this sham/dress rehearsal will be played again. Just how many times can the same people be DEAD WRONG, and still be listened to instead of being ignored? Remember, fool me once, shame on you. Fool me 22 times after I failed to shut you down & ignore you, shame on me.

* ”CDC admitted they screwed up COVID19 infection counts and intentionally misled the public and have apologized, clarifying that the amount of people truly infected is much lower than what was originally reported -- an error so egregious it made the director of the Harvard Global Health Institute say “how could the CDC make this mistake? This is a mess.
”The American Coronavirus Task Force also admitted to fudging the National COVID19 death count when Dr. Birx said the deaths are people who died “with” COVID19 not “from” COVID19, thus making the real death count much lower than what is currently being reported.Dr.
Anthony Fauci admitted masks won’t help against the virus and mask manufacturers are now including warnings that their products do not deter COVID19.
Fauci also said that continuing to close the country could cause irreparable damage.
CDC backtracked their initial claim that led governors to shutdown their states & clarified that COVID19 does not spread easily on surfaces.
Governor of New York Andrew Cuomo confirmed a recent health study showing that 70% of new infections actually originate at home, thus making stay at home orders one of the most dangerous mandates currently in place.
Trump stopped funding the WHO and threatened to cut off money permanently until they can prove they are no longer corruptly influenced by communist China after they lied to our country about human to human transmission of COVID19 in January.
The curve is flattened, the CDC, WHO, Dr. Fauci, our governors, and many more were completely wrong about the potential threat of this virus.
Even California is opening up sooner than anyone expected because the evidence contradicts the long standing and inaccurate narrative still upheld by the extremely dishonest & corrupt media.
If you are still living in fear, Don’t be. The media, global organizations, the government, and its agencies “mislead” the public.
People called those of us who knew this all along conspiracy theorists, but it turns out we were just following the facts!
Open up your businesses, churches, and homes. Don’t fall for the lies any longer. If you fell for the lies this time, wake up and join the army of truth seekers fighting on the front lines.

The*#CDC*just confirmed a 0.2% death-rate for*#COVID19*...
For that, we have:
• Added nearly 6 trillion to national debt
• Laid-off or furloughed 50 million workers
• Placed 60 million on food stamps
• Gone from 3.5%to 14.7% unemployment
• Crippled the petroleum industry
• Ruined the tourism industry
• Bankrupted the service industry
• Caused an impending meat and protein crisis
• Threatened, fined, and arrested church leaders
• Exacerbated mental health problems
• Shut down schools and colleges
• Given unbridled power to unelected officials
• Increased suicides higher than COVID deaths
• Delayed surgeries and treatments for profound illnesses
• Infringed upon countless important civil liberties
Placed 300 million Americans on house arrest.

These consequences are largely due to two things:
• The first is our view of government as a god that can control Providence and plagues. In our hubris, we increasingly view the government as a deity who can stop acts of nature.
• The second is our sniveling, 21st-century commitment to safety. Our desire to be “safe” ruined our fiscal, physical, medical, food, energy, and national security.

Unfortunately there is no vaccine for cultural fragility.

Last edited by Sogno; 06-11-2020 at 06:44 AM.. Reason: Addendum

Old 06-11-2020, 07:36 AM

8,323 posts, read 5,481,561 times
I just honestly no longer care. Ill wear a mask to the market and to other crowded places, but Im done changing anything else. Im even flying on airplanes again. The US government has been massively incompetent in its response and the media exaggerates the hell out of everything it reports. Even the WHO has flip flopped so many times and the CDC hasnt been much better.

Bottom line, nobody seems to know what is going on and we have no unified leadership. I give up.

Old 06-11-2020, 08:00 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,193,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDivine View Post
How are your Texans treating this pandemic now? Are they playing it safe or showing a risky behavior? Do you see a second COVID-19 wave coming? If so, which month?

IMO: We should not have shut down in the first place, we never did for 99% of the virus' even though they say thus one is more contagious. Need about 80% or so of the population to contract this, then it will fizzle out slowly. Over 60% in NY contracted CV by staying at home!!! What we did as a country is delay the inevitable and "staying home" is not the answer unless one who has other illnesses who are more prone to gets really sick from any cold/flu/so on who want to stay home.

This is to the dems/liberals and their ilk IMO:

"Brought to you by the dems/liberals."
"We love hyping things up to potentially help create a NWO/Un-Constitutional New Normal."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas