Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2020, 06:48 PM

2,282 posts, read 4,062,483 times

Advertisements

So cool...thanks for sharing the video!

What was your biggest surprise?

What was your favorite courthouse?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2020, 06:55 PM

4,505 posts, read 4,619,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by impulsivetravelerguy View Post
I meant who else personally on here.
I'm pretty sure he knew what you meant. He was just being a wise-guy.

Old 07-03-2020, 12:29 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,008,700 times
I was trying to ease the situation.
Everybody on this website loves to pick fights for absolutely no reason whatsoever.
Hey, wait a minute...

Old 07-03-2020, 06:09 PM

12,950 posts, read 13,346,261 times
OP certainly lives up to their username. Kudos!

Old 07-03-2020, 07:56 PM

4,383 posts, read 4,625,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by impulsivetravelerguy View Post
I wanted to see all of Texas, so I visited every single county there. All I can say is Texas is an amazingly diverse state. Has anyone else done this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnkn1LBBvKI
Cool OP! Inspirational actually. What’s your top 5 counties to visit?

Old 07-05-2020, 12:08 PM

141 posts, read 105,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchful View Post
So cool...thanks for sharing the video!

What was your biggest surprise?

What was your favorite courthouse?

Biggest surprise was the fact I was able to pull this off in 52 days while working full time and also taking a round trip to Wisconsin. For favorite courthouse, I have several. I need to think about it hard and I'll probably make a video for my blog on it. I would say Donley was the first courthouse that I came across that really stuck out and showed me the beginning of the majestic Texas courthouses. I also like King County because it was small and the completely opposite of "bigger in Texas." I'll have to really think about the rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
OP certainly lives up to their username. Kudos!

I try

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlionjr View Post
Cool OP! Inspirational actually. What’s your top 5 counties to visit?

Thanks! It's hard to saw top 5 counties since every county offers some unique. I would say I really like Travis and Williamson counties since I lived in both of them when I lived almost 6 years in Texas. I like Bell county since I was married in Bell County. I've spent a lot of time in Brazos County since my in-laws live there. I always loved to go out to El Paso County since it was Texas, but so much different.

There's a bunch more counties I really like for various reasons. I'm impulsive in nature, so it really depends on my mood. I'll have to compile a list of counties that really stick out in my mind and give the reason.

Old 07-06-2020, 10:20 AM

5,265 posts, read 6,407,452 times
That's super cool! I've been to most of the counties in Texas - the only ones I have left are in the panhandle north of Amarillo and the east Texas Tyler/Longview area, but I've got the Tyler/Nacodoches/Marshall/Longview square mapped out and ready for my next opportunity.

Old 07-07-2020, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOverdog View Post
That's super cool! I've been to most of the counties in Texas - the only ones I have left are in the panhandle north of Amarillo and the east Texas Tyler/Longview area, but I've got the Tyler/Nacodoches/Marshall/Longview square mapped out and ready for my next opportunity.

So are you visiting all the courthouses or is there a specific thing you visit in each county?

Old 07-07-2020, 07:40 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 9 days ago)

35,634 posts, read 17,975,706 times
I have a friend who has a lifetime goal of visiting all the county courthouses in Texas. Must be a "thing" - she's most of the way through.

Her favorite is the Gateville courthouse, Coryell county. Beautiful.

Fun, OP. I like to get in the car and just go, too, and see what you see along the way.

Old 07-07-2020, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I have a friend who has a lifetime goal of visiting all the county courthouses in Texas. Must be a "thing" - she's most of the way through.

Her favorite is the Gateville courthouse, Coryell county. Beautiful.

Fun, OP. I like to get in the car and just go, too, and see what you see along the way.

There's actually a group on Facebook called, "Texas Courthouse History," that has almost 5,000 members. Many of them are interested in the courthouses and want to visit them all (or have done so). Texas has a lot of beautiful courthouses so I can see why people take interest in them. I know Coyell County is a favorite among a lot of people judging by what I've seen on the group.

There's also groups of people called "County Collectors" whose goal is to visit every county or county-equivalent in the US. I'd love to do it someday. I can see where there could be some overlap in both groups of people.

My original goal was to visit every county in Texas and see everything I could along the way. I used the courthouses as proof I was in each county. It's an amazing adventure. It's a big undertaking, but you can easily break it up into multiple road trips like I did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas