Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2020, 01:01 PM

243 posts, read 228,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristieP View Post
If you want to be within a day trip to the coast, your choices are Houston, Corpus Christi, and San Antonio. Everything else would be too far and would require an overnight stay.

Many of us Texans are libertarian but we vote republican because we disagree less with them than we do the democrats. The 2nd amendment is definitely a Texan favorite.
Beautiful. I’m not a Bible thumper , quite the opposite but I’m mainly libertarian/slightly right leaning.

Washington honestly isn’t that bad at the state level, no income tax and you can conceal carry if you wish ( unlike California , you have to beg the county sheriff for a permit and plead your case, despicable) it’s just the actual nice half of the state is over run with horrible liberal politics. Seattle is where a lot of the night life and high paying jobs are as well as the sound.

The PNW is getting scary bad. I saw clip of a dude getting beaten bloody for sticking up for an elderly man to a mob of protestors in Portland. They literally chased him down. Another dude was jump by a few people for waving a U.S. flag as well. Apparently it makes you a “white nationalist”.

I feel like I’d find a lot more like minded people despite the starker topography in Texas.

Is San Antonio in a arid/or desert-y area ? I kept thinking it’s was more south west in location or looks semi similar to Arizona.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2020, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamposite View Post
Thankfully there are lots of Latinas in pretty much all of Texas
God bless the beautiful latinas of the south west

God bless the republic of Texas

God bless the U.S.A

God bless president Trump

Old 07-20-2020, 04:31 PM

6,222 posts, read 3,602,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malcorub16 View Post
Pot is still illegal and I still can't buy tequila at HEB OR on a Sunday. Most Texans are not libertarian, but as the years go by I will agree that the US as a whole is becoming more and more secular.

OP, Dallas is fine career wise and for city life... but I would say maybe Northern San Antonio would be better for easy access to the Texas Hill Country, Corpus Christi area beaches and Latinas....mostly Mex and Mex American chicas as is the case in SD. Also, I remember San Antonio used to tout itself as "Heavy Metal Capital of the US"... if you Google it, it still comes up, not sure how true this is today.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/4...nio-tobin-hill
Texas is way more libertarian than California at least but you're right.

As for Latinas, there are so many of them all over Texas that I think you could pick anywhere and be happy. Even Lubbock and Amarillo have large Latino populations

Old 07-20-2020, 05:36 PM

8,351 posts, read 5,507,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dg628 View Post
God bless the beautiful latinas of the south west

God bless the republic of Texas

God bless the U.S.A

God bless president Trump
You had me until that last one.

Is a Trump voting base important to be around or can you tolerate people who don’t like him?

Old 07-20-2020, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
You had me until that last one.

Is a Trump voting base important to be around or can you tolerate people who don’t like him?
No. I love all my fellow Americans. As long as you’re not extremely progressive or in your face liberal it’s fine. I like people who I can have challenging discussions with.

I don’t want to killed for loving my country or not voting Clinton or uncle joe though. Exaggerating a little but there’s always protests that turn violent in the PNW.

Trumps not perfect but he’s honestly the best we have and I’m not a one issue voter.

Old 07-20-2020, 06:20 PM

8,351 posts, read 5,507,167 times
Quote:
No. I love all my fellow Americans. As long as you’re not extremely progressive or in your face liberal it’s fine. I like people who I can have challenging discussions with.

I don’t want to killed for loving my country or not voting Clinton or uncle joe though. Exaggerating a little but there’s always protests that turn violent in the PNW.

Trumps not perfect but he’s honestly the best we have and I’m not a one issue voter.
Ok cool. I would say in Texas cities you’re more likely to run into an in your face liberal than an in your face conservative. That said, most people here are pretty tolerant of other people’s political views. Don’t think you won’t get by without the occasional snide remark about Trump though!

Old 07-20-2020, 07:38 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,008,700 times
It really depends on the circles you run in. I struggle to find an in your face liberal here in San Antonio, honestly.

Old 07-20-2020, 08:06 PM

6,506 posts, read 7,538,629 times
^^Easy to find on social media, in real life people are generally not "IN YOUR FACE POLITICAL."

OP, I would probably say there are a few Texas cities that may be considered more liberal than San Diego, Dallas and Austin being two of them. The military has a way of keeping SD in California of all places...very moderate unlike LA and the Bay Area.

Old 07-21-2020, 07:30 AM

11,856 posts, read 26,881,949 times
Quote:
The PNW is getting scary bad. I saw clip of a dude getting beaten bloody for sticking up for an elderly man to a mob of protestors in Portland. They literally chased him down. Another dude was jump by a few people for waving a U.S. flag as well. Apparently it makes you a “white nationalist”.
I've seen that on Facebook, and it just breaks my heart for my country. Being a patriot and loving one's country should never be a crime, and taking care of the elderly should be a basic human instinct.

Quote:
Is San Antonio in a arid/or desert-y area ? I kept thinking it’s was more south west in location or looks semi similar to Arizona.
San Antonio is in the Texas Hill Country. It is dry, and there are some cactus, but it is not a desert. The Hill Country has rolling, rocky hills and live oak trees. There are also a few nice rivers that are popular for tubing. In many people's opinions, it is the most beautiful part of the state. You could do a lot worse.

Old 07-21-2020, 10:00 AM

9,851 posts, read 13,701,644 times
There are in your face liberals in all major Texas cities. You’ll want to look at smaller cities outside of mejor metros. I’m thinking like Victoria, Temple, Killeen, Uvalde, etc. about an hour or so outside of the major areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas