Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2020, 07:55 AM

2,295 posts, read 2,368,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by H'ton View Post
Who do you think created Texas? ...to the Mexican Government they were foreign American looters/rioters/squatters that refused to leave. They just couldn't "make" them leave and so we had the Republic of Texas.

Who do you think created the United States of America?...the Boston Tea party was an organized group of "looters" which led to a bigger organized group of "rioters" that proudly used force to show their defiance to the British Government and they did. So much so, we glamorize our early American forefathers only because they won.

What do you think was one of the major events that led to the arrest warrant for Jesus?...there was that big looting episode of the retail shops that he had in the temple when he was protesting capitalism in the place of worship.

I in NO WAY support looting...rioting...destruction of property , etc. but I'm not stupid enough to ignore that the blood line of the Christian- American culture is as pro -looting/rioting as any nation ever created. So much so, we romanticize the looter/ rioters into heroes...even deity!

And I didn't even mention the Confederacy which again, was nothing more than a group of rioting separatist rebels daring the United States the declare war on them...and they did!
That is a bit of revisionist view of history. The Texians were settlers that were invited, and encouraged by the Mexican government to settle in what is now Texas. They were not looter/rioters/squatters. The Texians, as well as the Tejanos, only began to disagree with the Mexican government AFTER that government began centralizing power, limiting the rights of its citizens and inhabitants, and suspended the Constitution of 1824.

Your view of the Boston Tea Party is revisionist as well. They weren't looters or rioters. There were political leaders that rejected the notion of taxation without representation. Certainly you aren't trying to defend the idea that it is legal, or acceptable to imposes taxes upon a group of people that have no voice, or representation with the government imposing said taxes?

This revisionist view of history, in absence of fact or context, is not a justification of lawlessness occurring right now. It is the right of every American to peaceably assemble, and air their grievances with their government, however, looting and rioting are any entirely different thing. Those looting and rioting do not care a bit about social justice, and any attempt to link those actions to social justice are willfully ignorant. Those looting and rioting are composed to two main groups. Opportunists just looking to get theirs, and semi-organized anarchist groups like Antifa, that co-opt any unrest to their own ends. Neither cares a bit about social justice, and only cares about themselves, or the aims of their group.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2020, 09:28 AM

19,783 posts, read 18,073,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by H'ton View Post
Who do you think created Texas? ...to the Mexican Government they were foreign American looters/rioters/squatters that refused to leave. They just couldn't "make" them leave and so we had the Republic of Texas.

Who do you think created the United States of America?...the Boston Tea party was an organized group of "looters" which led to a bigger organized group of "rioters" that proudly used force to show their defiance to the British Government and they did. So much so, we glamorize our early American forefathers only because they won.

What do you think was one of the major events that led to the arrest warrant for Jesus?...there was that big looting episode of the retail shops that he had in the temple when he was protesting capitalism in the place of worship.

I in NO WAY support looting...rioting...destruction of property , etc. but I'm not stupid enough to ignore that the blood line of the Christian- American culture is as pro -looting/rioting as any nation ever created. So much so, we romanticize the looter/ rioters into heroes...even deity!

And I didn't even mention the Confederacy which again, was nothing more than a group of rioting separatist rebels daring the United States the declare war on them...and they did!
Real life is never that simple and further, especially the parts about the lead up to Texas and The Boston Tea Party miss the mark by a lot.

ETA - I see TXStrat responded better than I could.

Old 09-11-2020, 05:37 AM

6,502 posts, read 7,531,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
These are Texas' most left winged areas and as a result, there wouldn't be the population of conservative 2nd Amendment police worshiping right wingers to counteract.
It's funny, one can be pro 2nd Amendment but also have grievances with law enforcement, the two aren't mutually exclusive.

Old 09-11-2020, 10:32 AM

3,266 posts, read 5,631,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
Sounds like more of a race-baiting thread than any legitimate concern that's likely to happen in the state. Pouring gas and fanning flames without any valid reason.
What race? Many of the radicals (Antifa) are caucasian riding on the coattails of the BLM movement ( A marxist organization "Black Lives Matter Global Network Foundation, Inc (BLM) founder Patrisse Cullors admitted that she and co-founder Alicia Garza are Marxist-trained in an interview conducted by The Real News Network at the end of June." " https://alachuachronicle.com/blm-soc...-the-same-dna/ ).

This is just plain Left vs Right. There would be bloodshed in many situations although in Austin proper there was minor violence by the Marxists that was unopposed largely.

Also in the instances mentioned prior (Boston Tea Party and the Texas Revolution) the uprising was against foreign governments. The equation of the Civil War is a close parallel as the Federal government was galvanized against the uprising by the Confederate States with the popular backing of the Northern population. That is somewhat lacking now because of the hate associated with President Trump egged on by the national media outlets and their propaganda war against him.

Texas is not part of that type emotion for a large part thus I think Texans would actively repel the rioters/looters. That is pretty well known thus no type of Marxist violence here. Think rooftop Koreans.

Old 09-11-2020, 06:44 PM

6,222 posts, read 3,597,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malcorub16 View Post
It's funny, one can be pro 2nd Amendment but also have grievances with law enforcement, the two aren't mutually exclusive.
Exactly. And the cops aren't all pro 2nd amendment anyway

Old 09-13-2020, 02:49 PM

9,872 posts, read 6,583,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malcorub16 View Post
Oh I agree, but the masses put them in that place. Even though individually you can be what you described, the people around you in a protest won’t for the most part.

Old 09-13-2020, 05:40 PM

4,716 posts, read 8,574,930 times
The amount of Americans who fetishize chasing someone off their front porch with a gun never ceases to amaze me. It’s a broken culture full of people with chips on their shoulder. It will only be a fantasy in your head while you rub your pants, and it should stay that way.

Old 09-17-2020, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westerner92 View Post
The amount of Americans who fetishize chasing someone off their front porch with a gun never ceases to amaze me. It’s a broken culture full of people with chips on their shoulder. It will only be a fantasy in your head while you rub your pants, and it should stay that way.
I know many, many gun owners..........and not one sports the fetish you worry about. Jokesters like you sold the myth that TX passing a shall-issue CHL/LTC law would yield mayhem and blood on the streets. That was just as false as your nonsense above.

https://www.dps.texas.gov/RSD/LTC/Re...Report2019.pdf

Old 09-17-2020, 12:40 PM

4,716 posts, read 8,574,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
I know many, many gun owners..........and not one sports the fetish you worry about. Jokesters like you sold the myth that TX passing a shall-issue CHL/LTC law would yield mayhem and blood on the streets. That was just as false as your nonsense above.

https://www.dps.texas.gov/RSD/LTC/Re...Report2019.pdf
I mean, I say in my own post that it’s all just a fantasy in their head. And this thread exhibits the exact attitude I described. Take your strawmen to posters who don’t understand rhetorical analysis.

Old 09-17-2020, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westerner92 View Post
I mean, I say in my own post that it’s all just a fantasy in their head. And this thread exhibits the exact attitude I described. Take your strawmen to posters who don’t understand rhetorical analysis.
I'll take that as the tap out that it is. Hint a logical parallel is not a Strawman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas