Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2020, 01:09 AM

23,688 posts, read 9,380,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by supfromthesite View Post
Idk if he will find the girl he is looking for in San Antonio. The religious girls seem to be mostly Catholic. The overwhelming majority seem to be Atheist or "Catholic" in name only. At least, I would assume the Waco area has more of his type.

Honestly, East Texas might be a good place for him.
How come you think East Texas would be good for me possibly?Just wondering.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2020, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasdiver View Post
Well yeah, if you go looking for single women in bars or social settings you're more likely to find Catholics. But San Antonio has a ton of churches of every type. If one is living in the area one can certainly explore church events for young adults all over San Antonio.
ya i dont plan on looking for dates at bars.

Old 11-02-2020, 01:12 AM

Quote:
If I lived in Waco and my parents lived in Bulvered or vice versa I would just take 281 north all the way and then turn off near Waco. I highly doubt it is a much longer drive and there will be basically no traffic.
That sounds like it might work.

Old 11-02-2020, 12:59 PM

5,444 posts, read 7,740,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C24L View Post
That sounds like it might work.
I've done it a bunch of times. It takes about 20 min longer to take 281 up to Lampasas and then head east over to Waco under normal traffic. It's a nice drive. If I-35 is a mess then it can actually be quicker. Although the fastest way from San Antonio to Waco when traffic is bad is probably to do the high speed toll roads all they way to the east bypassing I-35 all the way up to Georgetown.

Old 11-02-2020, 01:06 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,005,970 times
Quote:
Okay thanks.....I have been to Bulverde a few times.Why dont u like Waco that much,supfromthesite?
It is too small to be fun and too big to be a quiet place.
I can't stand Baylor University in general.
It is dominated by evangelists and protestants in general. I prefer Catholics.
It's not so bad. There are plenty of worse places. I would have to be making more than I could make in any other Texas city for it to be worth it.

Old 11-02-2020, 01:13 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,005,970 times
Quote:
How come you think East Texas would be good for me possibly?Just wondering.
It has a similar vibe to Waco. Religious, conservative, evangelist. I would bet they have more Church of Christ types than most parts of Texas. Just a guess though.

Old 11-02-2020, 04:17 PM

5,444 posts, read 7,740,196 times
Quote:
It's not so bad. There are plenty of worse places. I would have to be making more than I could make in any other Texas city for it to be worth it.
If that's the case you should be looking at San Antonio. Seriously. I would MUCH rather be single in San Antonio than any of those other smaller cities that people are mentioning. And it's not all Catholic. There are 30 Church of Christ congregations listed in the greater San Antonio metro: https://www.yellowpages.com/san-anto...ches-of-christ

Old 11-06-2020, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasdiver View Post
If that's the case you should be looking at San Antonio. Seriously. I would MUCH rather be single in San Antonio than any of those other smaller cities that people are mentioning. And it's not all Catholic. There are 30 Church of Christ congregations listed in the greater San Antonio metro: https://www.yellowpages.com/san-anto...ches-of-christ
well i still think it could or would be hard for me to find a good church of Christ in San Antone since a lot of the 30 prolly aint suitable for me.

Old 11-06-2020, 11:48 PM

Quote:
It has a similar vibe to Waco. Religious, conservative, evangelist. I would bet they have more Church of Christ types than most parts of Texas. Just a guess though.
Okay kool deal thanks man.I know the part of the state where i live has a lot of us but idk about East Texas but maybe.

Old 11-06-2020, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Okay kool I see.For me its just around the right size.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas