Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2021, 05:42 PM

148 posts, read 113,191 times

Advertisements

This guy was falsely arrested and assaulted inside Walmart with his 3 year old watching. The video is pretty upsetting. None of the officers knew that basic part of the law, that it is not illegal to refuse to ID if you are not already under arrest. The video is from the PD bodycam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ma2b92JAws8

He was cuffed and stuffed, but luckily a supervisor arrived at the scene and after ascertaining that there was nothing they could lawfully arrest him for, they let him go. It appears they walked away from the toddler but that a Walmart employee watched over him, but the PD alleges otherwise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2021, 08:29 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,933,340 times
Wow. This is why I never understood why fools would "back the blue" so hard online. When it comes down to it, they won't care if you defended them online and will do what they want, clearly. I hope he gets his money. Traumatic for the kid too.

Old 01-07-2021, 08:49 PM

Generally, I support law enforcement. That ends when they act like thugs. The most basic thing a police officer should know, is when they have the authority to arrest someone.

Old 01-07-2021, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katyroadpink View Post
Generally, I support law enforcement. That ends when they act like thugs. The most basic thing a police officer should know, is when they have the authority to arrest someone.
I do too but my trust in them has plummeted even with multiple family members in the force. Aside from some stories I've heard, just imagine what they were doing before the cameras. Back then this guy would have had his face slammed and been well on his way to a cell.

Old 01-07-2021, 09:49 PM

Yes, it’s a good thing their supervisor showed up. Past time to weed certain personality types out of law enforcement.

Old 01-08-2021, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedwoodOriginal View Post
I have no sympathy, act like an azzhat, you get what you deserve.
The cops for not knowing the law right? Had to literally pull out their own law book to verify...how did they pass the academy without knowing that simple ID law? Thats why they're being sued. Hell the Sargaent even tried to have them brainstorm something else to charge him with but they couldnt think of anything. The look on the Sargaent face was hilarious. He knew they messed up big time.

Old 01-08-2021, 09:45 AM

1,332 posts, read 1,008,452 times
I thought they only did that to black people ?

Old 01-08-2021, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmtex View Post
I thought they only did that to black people ?
No but blacks and browns are the only ones really protesting until recently. Too many white people are bootlickers, but as this video shows it gets you nowhere.

Old 01-08-2021, 11:42 AM

To Tmtx, in my experience it is not just black or brown people who get targeted, but people of any type who seem as if they do not have enough status/money/connections to cause repercussions. This scene happened at Walmart, not a country club.

Years ago, I had a young, white male friend who drove an old banger and he got pulled over and worked over several times. Sometimes they take it too far and their target dies. I thought bodycams and alert bystanders would bring an end to this, but I was wrong. They are just more selective in their targets.

Old 01-08-2021, 12:26 PM

Blinky, is that you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas