Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2021, 09:05 PM

751 posts, read 1,482,525 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Clutch View Post
If they were to move to Texas, the logical choice would be Tyler or maybe one of the large West Texas cities (Amarillo, Lubbock). They would get a lot more support locally.

It'll never happen though, and I'm not mad at it.
They would get support out here from older folks. Few people under the age of 40 have any use for the NRA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2021, 09:26 PM

19,784 posts, read 18,079,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by losttechnician View Post
They would get support out here from older folks. Few people under the age of 40 have any use for the NRA.
The NRA has done great job over the last 20 years or so diversifying membership.....roughly 40% women and 40% minority as of now. It is true that most large donors are over 40 but that's true of virtually all big organizations.

Around 45% of US households contain at least 1 firearm and The US Constitution specifically enumerates private gun ownership as a right. So long as some want to limit and even end that right there will be organized pushback.

Old 01-19-2021, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
The NRA has done great job over the last 20 years or so diversifying membership.....roughly 40% women and 40% minority as of now. It is true that most large donors are over 40 but that's true of virtually all big organizations.

Around 45% of US households contain at least 1 firearm and The US Constitution specifically enumerates private gun ownership as a right. So long as some want to limit and even end that right there will be organized pushback.
My point is there is a fundamental disconnect between the NRA and the people that will soon be making the "above 40" demographic. Big cities are mostly a loss to the NRA, while rural areas are rapidly losing their faith in that organization.

Rural areas still support 2A beliefs and organizations, but the NRA has proved itself to be little more than a fundraising organization enriching Wayne Pierre and his cronies.

Old 01-19-2021, 10:46 PM

19,784 posts, read 18,079,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by losttechnician View Post
My point is there is a fundamental disconnect between the NRA and the people that will soon be making the "above 40" demographic. Big cities are mostly a loss to the NRA, while rural areas are rapidly losing their faith in that organization.

Rural areas still support 2A beliefs and organizations, but the NRA has proved itself to be little more than a fundraising organization enriching Wayne Pierre and his cronies.
The NRA has a little over 5 million members.

We'll see if people really are losing faith in The NRA by looking at membership rates spanning say 2020-2022. The NRA warts and all has done more for second amendment rights than all other similar organizations combined.

I get what you meant but the second amendment isn't a belief.

Old 01-19-2021, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
The NRA has a little over 5 million members.

We'll see if people really are losing faith in The NRA by looking at membership rates spanning say 2020-2022. The NRA warts and all has done more for second amendment rights than all other similar organizations combined.

I get what you meant but the second amendment isn't a belief.

The 2A is absolutely not a belief.

However, the NRA is. It did some good years ago, but has not done as much as dues paying folks would like to see in present times.

Wayne has robbed the place blind, politicked his own folks into leadership, and generally wrecked the organization for his own enrichment. The legacy still lives, but current leadership in the organization have destroyed the potential for real 2A support.

As far as I am concerned, I don't want them here in Tx. I certainly don't want them in the Panhandle. I made a choice to stop contributing to them over Wayne specifically, and won't give them another dime as long as he is at the helm.

There are other 2A organizations out there that admittedly do not have the clout the NRA once had, but certainly have better reputations than the NRA does.

Old 01-20-2021, 11:28 AM

349 posts, read 260,530 times
Austin? It's so liberal, it's like a smaller version of NYC. My bet is on Houston. Houston has $$.

Anyway, Welcome to Texas!!

Old 01-20-2021, 07:23 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,005,970 times
There are many conservatives in every city in America.

Old 01-21-2021, 04:59 AM

7,890 posts, read 11,408,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
No you implied that. I said it’s not a business, it’s an organization. This isn’t a company seeking profit and growth. The jobs provided aren’t geared to generate growth and profit. They are set up to run the organization. Atleast openly...
Come on You said no real jobs here.

Old 01-21-2021, 12:36 PM

6,222 posts, read 3,599,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supfromthesite View Post
There are many conservatives in every city in America.
Yeah but they're way in the minority in most larger cities.

Old 01-21-2021, 12:38 PM

9,892 posts, read 6,589,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamposite View Post
Yeah but they're way in the minority in most larger cities.
Yup.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas