Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2021, 12:08 AM

4,515 posts, read 2,520,191 times

Advertisements

https://t.me/Women_For_Trump/29462

Virology/pathology dr with all kinds of credentials, speaks bluntly about how ludicrous mask mandates/lockdowns are. Says to protect the elderly/vulnerable, stay home if you feel sick, but get on with your lives. Reiterates that PCR testing is not supposed to be used to test healthy people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2021, 12:40 AM

13,194 posts, read 28,282,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottednikes View Post
Quit your job if you really feel at risk going to work. And before you say " I need to make money", realize that many people like yourself were fine with shutting down businesses, like bars, restaurants, whatever was deemed nonessential...yet those business owners/employees needed to earn money as well. At least you have a choice. Those business owners didn't.
I actually own a business with storefronts (aka we see the public every day). Don’t even @ me about choices....I have made more tough decisions in the past year operating a non-essential business. And we’ve done it safely and returned to profitability within the TX mandates and CDC guidelines our industry. Let me tell you, people are much less likely to be *******s with a mask mandate in place....

Taking businesses to 100% I’m fine with but lifting the mask mandate at the same time is criminal.

Old 03-03-2021, 12:48 AM

4,515 posts, read 2,520,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
I actually own a business with storefronts (aka we see the public every day). Don’t even @ me about choices....I have made more tough decisions in the past year operating a non-essential business. And we’ve done it safely and returned to profitability within the TX mandates and CDC guidelines our industry. Let me tell you, people are much less likely to be *******s with a mask mandate in place....

Taking businesses to 100% I’m fine with but lifting the mask mandate at the same time is criminal.
There is nothing stopping you from making your store require masks.

Old 03-03-2021, 03:01 AM

15,523 posts, read 10,489,155 times
11.6% vaccinated in Texas

Old 03-03-2021, 04:45 AM

995 posts, read 509,266 times
Props to Abbot for lifting those restrictions. About dog-gone time he did that.

I fail to understand the negative reaction to his decision, however. Haven't this gone on long enough? Aren't people tired of these restrictions?

Herd immunity will be achieved in just over a month from now, due to natural infections and the rapid inoculation of the population. In the meantime, people are still free to wear masks and social distance until they get vaccinated - it's not like a switch will be flipped on March 10th and everyone will run around mask-less hugging each other in the streets.

Old 03-03-2021, 05:00 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turf3 View Post

Yes, I fear getting a deadly disease, which could spread from me to other family members some of whom are not strong, and which is spread by knuckleheads who think wearing a face mask is some kind of horrible infringement on their civil rights. It's the same reason I stay off the roads after an ice storm - I know how to drive carefully, but too few others do.
I definitely believe you should stay away from other people as much as possible. Don't you think so?

Old 03-03-2021, 05:03 AM

Hold up a minute. Any business or entity or person who believes that wearing a mask is best can and should continue to wear or mandate masks. And they can - there is nothing stopping people from wearing masks or mandating that masks be worn in a business or entity.

Old 03-03-2021, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post

I personally don't mind masks in some establishments. I don't believe there's anything stopping you from requiring masks in your business.

Old 03-03-2021, 05:24 AM

7,920 posts, read 7,806,919 times
I might be from up north but consider the following scene.

If it then becomes personal choice and responsibility how many customers are going to AVOID places that have people coming in without masks. Then you have customers fighting with each other and then saying "There's no law" and then what. The owner can't call the cops since no law is being broken but then has to decide what customers they want to lose.

No shoes no shirt no service is pretty common.

Who wants to be known for fighting a health and safety regulation? I don't go to a hardware store and in hushed tones ask if they have any leftover lead paint from the 70s. I don't go to a farm and ask for raw milk on the down low.

When you have a standard and you get rid of it then what? I used to work for a retailer in home improvement. Our competitor started to require a degree for higher management. Guess where they went....to us. Heck I grew up in a town that was one of the last ones to have a smoking ban in businesses. That last month was FILLED with smoke.

Old 03-03-2021, 06:23 AM

11,230 posts, read 9,308,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Hold up a minute. Any business or entity or person who believes that wearing a mask is best can and should continue to wear or mandate masks. And they can - there is nothing stopping people from wearing masks or mandating that masks be worn in a business or entity.
After almost a YEAR you still are unable to grasp how the wearing of face masks works.

While the mask does offer some protection to the person wearing it, the main effect is to keep an infected person, who's wearing a mask, from spreading the virus.

This has been explained thousands of times in every way possible.

Yet you, and your cohorts, continue to spew this nonsense of "well if it bothers you so much and you're such a coward, just wear a mask if you want to and stay home".

IT'S NOT ABOUT ME WEARING A MASK TO PROTECT MYSELF. IT'S ABOUT OTHERS WEARING THEIR MASKS TO PROTECT ME.

Sheesh, how many times does this have to be repeated? It's apparent to me that even people who appear reasonably intelligent are unable to keep in their minds how interposing a filter between a source of infection and the rest of us, works.

I am simply unable to fathom the mental "processes" that are going on here, and I'm not going to comment any further.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas