Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2008, 02:10 PM

23,000 posts, read 34,301,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWPAguy View Post
Look, Texans, you don't know how well you have it. Tomorrow in northwest PA it's going to be a high of only 50 degrees. If they suddenly changed it and said it'd be 90 instead, I'd be singing the Hallelujah Chorus even though 90 is quite hot by anyone's standards. At least then I could wear a tank top and shorts, and have a fan blowing at my face while I'm inside. I'd probably do something outside, though. That sure beats what it'll be for me tomorrow... cold hands and feet again, wearing a sweatshirt and jeans, because I flat-out refuse to have my furnace running in the middle of freaking May.

By the way, my wife and I will be moving, and joining y'all, in August... hopefully. Mid-January bike ride, anyone?
I would gladly trade places with you You have better outside weather for me. I hope you enjoy your bike ride in January
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2008, 02:44 PM

9,352 posts, read 19,970,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canine*Castle View Post
55 (and sunny) is perfect weather. If it were like that 75% of the year, I'd be in seventh heaven.

nope .... gray and windy and rainy .... we're under a wind advisory until this evening and a flood watch until further notice......

give me 80-85 degrees any day of the week and i am a HAPPY gal......

Old 05-11-2008, 04:17 PM

52,601 posts, read 47,782,727 times
Default Too Hot For Comfort????

Hot enough, huh?? How about 71 at D/FW?? That's feeling mightily good right now. Comfortable enough after the front has moved through. It's a welcome change for us. We'd best enjoy it now, because this won't last long.

[2,000]

Old 05-11-2008, 04:29 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,811,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
Hot enough, huh?? How about 71 at D/FW?? That's feeling mightily good right now. Comfortable enough after the front has moved through. It's a welcome change for us. We'd best enjoy it now, because this won't last long.

[2,000]
Dang. Poor Del Rio yesterday.....it had the NATIONWIDE high of 107...an honor that typically goes to Laredo, Wink or Presidio.

My parents are about 100 miles from there, and they said it was just absolutely baking hot.

I am quite sure they are very much enjoying the high 70s today by comparison.

I hate to see it get this hot this early, but it does happen.

Old 05-11-2008, 05:34 PM

1,992 posts, read 4,135,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWPAguy View Post
Look, Texans, you don't know how well you have it. Tomorrow in northwest PA it's going to be a high of only 50 degrees. If they suddenly changed it and said it'd be 90 instead, I'd be singing the Hallelujah Chorus even though 90 is quite hot by anyone's standards. At least then I could wear a tank top and shorts, and have a fan blowing at my face while I'm inside. I'd probably do something outside, though. That sure beats what it'll be for me tomorrow... cold hands and feet again, wearing a sweatshirt and jeans, because I flat-out refuse to have my furnace running in the middle of freaking May.

By the way, my wife and I will be moving, and joining y'all, in August... hopefully. Mid-January bike ride, anyone?
I drove to the Panhandle for my sister's 70th birthday Saturday. When the cold front hit with the wind blowing, I thought winter was coming back! It was good to get back to Abilene which is cool and pleasant today but not cold!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas