Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2021, 07:29 PM

4 posts, read 7,319 times

Advertisements

Hello all,

I am a Northern California native and I just inherited a piece of property in Silicon Valley from my family member who unfortunately passed. It’s a $5 million, 2,000 square foot, single story 1950’s ranch-style home in Palo Alto, California. I am hoping to sell it and take the proceeds and buy a good number of homes (8-10) in a high yield part of Texas, live in one home and live off of the proceeds. I am not that picky about where it is so long as it is financially profitable and there are good restaurants nearby, along with a major international airport.

About me: I am 34, white. gay, single and have multiple Ivy League degrees. I speak fluent French and lived for many years in Europe. I love keeping fit but also eating well. I am also extremely liberal and would like to bring my liberal values to a state that woefully in need of them. I feel that I am doing my patriotic duty to be a registered Democrat voting for liberal Democrats and hopefully outvoting the locals.

Where do you think I should be settling? I hear good things about Austin, but I think there are already too many liberals there and my vote won’t help flip a congressional district.

Thanks so much!

Marin Liberal

Old 04-04-2021, 07:37 PM

8,302 posts, read 5,705,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marinliberal View Post
Hello all,

I am a Northern California native and I just inherited a piece of property in Silicon Valley from my family member who unfortunately passed. It’s a $5 million, 2,000 square foot, single story 1950’s ranch-style home in Palo Alto, California. I am hoping to sell it and take the proceeds and buy a good number of homes (8-10) in a high yield part of Texas, live in one home and live off of the proceeds. I am not that picky about where it is so long as it is financially profitable and there are good restaurants nearby, along with a major international airport.

About me: I am 34, white. gay, single and have multiple Ivy League degrees. I speak fluent French and lived for many years in Europe. I love keeping fit but also eating well. I am also extremely liberal and would like to bring my liberal values to a state that woefully in need of them. I feel that I am doing my patriotic duty to be a registered Democrat voting for liberal Democrats and hopefully outvoting the locals.

Where do you think I should be settling? I hear good things about Austin, but I think there are already too many liberals there and my vote won’t help flip a congressional district.

Thanks so much!

Marin Liberal
Collin County sounds like it would be a great fit for what you're seeking. It's basically turning into Orange County 2.0 with the flood of folks moving to DFW from LA.

Specifically, I would look into the cities of:

*Frisco
*McKinney
*Prosper
*Celina
*Melissa
*Anna

Old 04-04-2021, 09:06 PM

9,851 posts, read 13,696,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marinliberal View Post

You'd only be able to buy one house in Austin with 5 million given the current market. You could also do some good by buying a handful of lesser properties in an urban area and providing safe and affordable housing for the residents.

If you really want to be a sterotypical Californian you should move right smack dab to the middle of the panhandle, west Texas or a rural central Texas county. I'm sure you could find a precinct where your one vote would flip an election.

Old 04-05-2021, 04:31 AM

11,853 posts, read 26,872,645 times
Sounds like a troll to me...

Old 04-05-2021, 10:51 AM

3,266 posts, read 5,632,596 times
Liberals have values?

I learn something new everyday!

Old 04-05-2021, 11:47 AM

9,878 posts, read 6,589,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristieP View Post
Sounds like a troll to me...
Agreed. Surprised ppl are taking it seriously

Old 04-05-2021, 11:52 AM

8,302 posts, read 5,705,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
Agreed. Surprised ppl are taking it seriously
I've been told I can be too harsh and sanctimonious towards other people, so as hard as it was for me, I really tried to give the OP the benefit of the doubt.

Old 04-05-2021, 12:00 PM

8,338 posts, read 5,498,098 times
A brand new screen name, first post, and filled with trigger words?

Yeah, definitely a troll. Im a liberal who moved here from California and if this is genuine, he must be the dumbest person on earth to approach it this way.

Old 04-05-2021, 01:30 PM

4 posts, read 7,319 times
Sorry, I didn’t realize there were trigger words in my original post. I keep hearing moving to Texas is the fashionable thing to do and I would really like to be a part of the movement to flip it to a Democratic state all the while preserving a relatively high quality of life. Where can I move to in Texas that has a lot of people who exist in society while also getting some quality rental yield despite the high property taxes?

Old 04-05-2021, 02:13 PM

2,414 posts, read 3,486,572 times
Thread Closed: Trolling is not permitted. Please be aware that calling another user a troll is considered a personal attack and therefore is also a TOS violation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas