Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2021, 09:18 PM

9,876 posts, read 6,589,672 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
Not hating.........People just don't know anything about what they're supposed to be comparing...that's all.
Do the demographics of this website sound like one to keep up with these things? Astroworld vs Posty fest wasn't one either. Don't mind me for bringing some culture into an uncultured thread.

Exotic Pop has reached all kinds of endorsements from Drake to Lil Pump, Travis Scott, etc. As for Oak Cliff Soda, they don't have the same kind of social media following of celebrity backing, but they're a trendy soda company in the hipster community for their natural ingredients.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2021, 09:31 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,451,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
Do the demographics of this website sound like one to keep up with these things? Astroworld vs Posty fest wasn't one either. Don't mind me for bringing some culture into an uncultured thread.

Exotic Pop has reached all kinds of endorsements from Drake to Lil Pump, Travis Scott, etc. As for Oak Cliff Soda, they don't have the same kind of social media following of celebrity backing, but they're a trendy soda company in the hipster community for their natural ingredients.
I get it....Drake likes Houston soda...Houston automatically wins right?

Old 04-20-2021, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
I get it....Drake likes Houston soda...Houston automatically wins right?
Dallas automatically wins because of the Yellabeezy deal

Old 04-20-2021, 10:12 PM

8,302 posts, read 5,705,570 times
Quote:
Exotic Pop has 225K followers on IG. They're far from unknown. Why you hating an up and coming black owned business?
Quote:
Do the demographics of this website sound like one to keep up with these things?...Don't mind me for bringing some culture into an uncultured thread....
Apparently, being a black millennial isn't cultured enough...¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Old 04-20-2021, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supfromthesite View Post
If Dublin cokes count those are the best! The Dublin Bottling Works factory in Dublin, Texas is definitely worth a visit if you're in the area. I like the whole town actually.
This place actually looks like it's worth a visit.

Old 04-21-2021, 02:55 PM

4,001 posts, read 3,264,990 times
Quote:

I've never had or heard of either of them. Not a huge soda guy.

I couldn't care less what Drake or Lil Pump think about soda since to me they are just random people I don't personally know.

Which one do you like?

Im honestly more inclined to care what you think vs a random celebrity being paid to like it.

Old 04-21-2021, 04:31 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,005,970 times
Quote:
Exotic Pop has 225K followers on IG. They're far from unknown. Why you hating an up and coming black owned business?
Oh brother

Old 04-21-2021, 05:52 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,005,970 times
What about this website is not "cultured" exactly? You have people from all around the country (and even some people from other countries). Do any black people have culture? Do all other races besides white people have culture? I really don't understand. Seems like a dog whistle.

Old 04-21-2021, 08:05 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,451,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supfromthesite View Post
What about this website is not "cultured" exactly? You have people from all around the country (and even some people from other countries). Do any black people have culture? Do all other races besides white people have culture? I really don't understand. Seems like a dog whistle.
Good point.

Some people only rate culture by the amount of different races that are present in any given place.
Race and culture are two different things.

Examples of culture:

*If a 100% white town had a weekly tradition of gathering in the town park every Wednesday to showcase and sell homemade gadgets and food....that would be the culture of that town....not how many different races were at the gathering.

*If you rolled down Forest Lane in Dallas and you seen 15 black dudes at every corner store you passed and they all ask if you wanna buy some drugs.....Then drugs and street life would be the culture of that neighborhood.

Last edited by dallasboi; 04-21-2021 at 08:14 PM..

Old 04-21-2021, 09:33 PM

5,614 posts, read 4,939,687 times
For some people, "culture" revolves around the folks who dress in trendy fashion, who go to loud clubs with electronic "music" to "dance", and much of which doesn't even have lyrics or sounds composed on actual instruments. Oh, and their associated Twitter / Insta posts.

I think a city could have all the culture it needs without that. Like that seems to be the whole appeal of Miami for some. Which means it really offers nothing of importance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas