Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2021, 09:00 PM

240 posts, read 209,306 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar2007 View Post
Drive thru voting is offered to the disabled. Is it too much effort for an able bodied person to go inside and vote? I don't know what all is involved since I have always gone inside to vote. I know the volunteers would be equipped to handle this but at what expense? You are talking about going from disabled to long lines of people too lazy to park and walk inside to vote. So subject a volunteer to stay outside in all kinds of weather for hours to accommodate some lardasses who can't be bothered to get out of their air conditioned//heated cars to vote. Guess their vote isn't all that important to them.

What's next? Demand fries with drive thru vote? Don't laugh, I'm pretty sure a demand for drinks and snacks to be offered to voters will be next on a future agenda.
So, you really couldn’t come up with anything wrong with drive through voting?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2021, 07:55 AM

268 posts, read 179,719 times
These show-boating democrats had to show an ID to rent the charter bus and private jet to get them to DC, so they could protest having to show ID at the polling places.

I guess the irony is lost on them. LOL

Old 07-14-2021, 08:39 AM

8,319 posts, read 5,478,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Allen View Post
These show-boating democrats had to show an ID to rent the charter bus and private jet to get them to DC, so they could protest having to show ID at the polling places.

I guess the irony is lost on them. LOL
I see you follow Ted Cruz on Twitter. Those were his word almost exactly.

This isnt about showing an ID to vote. We already have that.

They restrict the hours a poll place can operate, they ban drive through voting, mail voting, and it allows partisan poll watchers to show up in any number and to act with impunity. There is no good reason to ban the first two since an ID would still be required to vote and all the regulations still have to be followed. The part about the poll watchers will simply lead to harassment at the polls. If they want to have a couple of Republicans and a couple of Democrats observing I have no problem with that, but this bill says poll watchers can have complete and free movement and not be restricted in number.

I have no problem whatsoever with voters having to show ID to vote. But voting should be made as easy and accessible as possible. As long as they show their ID and it checks out and people are willing to run polling places let them do it. Drive through voting and 24 hour voting is NO threat to voter security.

Old 07-14-2021, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
I see you follow Ted Cruz on Twitter. Those were his word almost exactly.

This isn't about showing an ID to vote. We already have that.

They restrict the hours a poll place can operate, they ban drive through voting, mail voting, and it allows partisan poll watchers to show up in any number and to act with impunity. There is no good reason to ban the first two since an ID would still be required to vote and all the regulations still have to be followed. The part about the poll watchers will simply lead to harassment at the polls. If they want to have a couple of Republicans and a couple of Democrats observing I have no problem with that, but this bill says poll watchers can have complete and free movement and not be restricted in number.

I have no problem whatsoever with voters having to show ID to vote. But voting should be made as easy and accessible as possible. As long as they show their ID and it checks out and people are willing to run polling places let them do it. Drive through voting and 24 hour voting is NO threat to voter security.

I deleted my Twitter account about 7 years ago.

I also do not own a cable or satellite package that even receives the Fox News Channel. (surprised you did not go there - many here do and I laugh at the fact that some think I get news from a station I do not even receive)

The only politicians I follow on Instagram are Rand Paul and Tim Scott.

I have never found it difficult to vote...early or otherwise. Even when I was younger and working more hours and more overtime. Not having 24hr voting or drive through voting is NOT preventing brown people from voting, sorry.

I guess people will not be happy, until they can vote sitting on the couch in their jammies. LOL

Having poll watchers is ok, as long as there is an equal number and they do not disturb those while in the booths.

The bally-hoo over this is completely over-blown. Not everything done by the GOP is racist....we need to get past that, sorry.

Old 07-14-2021, 09:06 AM

Quote:

I have never found it difficult to vote...early or otherwise. Even when I was younger and working more hours and more overtime. Not having 24hr voting or drive through voting is NOT preventing brown people from voting, sorry.

I guess people will not be happy, until they can vote sitting on the couch in their jammies. LOL

Having poll watchers is ok, as long as there is an equal number and they do not disturb those while in the booths.

The bally-hoo over this is completely over-blown. Not everything done by the GOP is racist....we need to get past that, sorry.
Did I say the GOP was racist?

They are trying to make it harder for people who would traditional vote for Democrats to vote, but I dont think race is their motive.

As far as poll watchers go, yes if there is an equal number and they dont disturb those in the booth Im fine with it too. But that isnt what this is.

Old 07-14-2021, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Did I say the GOP was racist?

They are trying to make it harder for people who would traditional vote for Democrats to vote, but I dont think race is their motive.

As far as poll watchers go, yes if there is an equal number and they dont disturb those in the booth Im fine with it too. But that isnt what this is.

No, but the dems that NBC interviewed all said this was based on race and that they were making it harder for non-white peoples to vote. They keep saying this is "suppression" and one was bringing up stories of how her parents were intimidated in the 60s at the polls....total drama and nonsense.

Old 07-14-2021, 09:33 AM

Quote:
No, but the dems that NBC interviewed all said this was based on race and that they were making it harder for non-white peoples to vote. They keep saying this is "suppression" and one was bringing up stories of how her parents were intimidated in the 60s at the polls....total drama and nonsense.
Drama and nonsense is what Republicans and Democrats do. That said, the people elect them. They fight for policies that the people in their districts want and try to stop ones they dont.

Old 07-14-2021, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Drama and nonsense is what Republicans and Democrats do. That said, the people elect them. They fight for policies that the people in their districts want and try to stop ones they dont.

Then the actions by the state Dems IS irrational and based on emotion and not fact?

That is the conclusion I am coming to.

Listen, voting is still pretty easy, without drive through voting or 24hr voting. This is theater and drama for literally no reason, being sold by the media as the GOP is trying to keep non-whites from voting.

Judging by the last national election (...if we can believe the results) it does not appear the democrats had any troubles getting to the polls. Biden got more votes than Obama and God knows Obama campaigned way more heavy than Biden. What exactly IS the worry?

Old 07-14-2021, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Then the actions by the state Dems IS irrational and based on emotion and not fact?

That is the conclusion I am coming to.

Listen, voting is still pretty easy, without drive through voting or 24hr voting. This is theater and drama for literally no reason, being sold by the media as the GOP is trying to keep non-whites from voting.

Judging by the last national election (...if we can believe the results) it does not appear the democrats had any troubles getting to the polls. Biden got more votes than Obama and God knows Obama campaigned way more heavy than Biden. What exactly IS the worry?
Can you actually argue against drive through voting and extended pool hours other than “you don’t need it”?

Old 07-14-2021, 09:43 AM

3,309 posts, read 5,770,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andtheblack View Post
So, you really couldn’t come up with anything wrong with drive through voting?
Reading comprehension must be a problem for you. I'm sorry. You can try rereading my post again if you want. If you still don't understand what I said, again I'm sorry, but I can't help you with it any further.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas