Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2021, 03:10 PM

240 posts, read 209,306 times

Advertisements

https://twitter.com/pashulman/status...958513155?s=21
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2021, 05:31 PM

2,446 posts, read 1,066,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Allen View Post
Yawn. Not everyone that identifies as conservative loves Trump or follows Qanon or the pillow man.

Also, the left has its own set of crazies in AOC, Bernie and the morons that want to defund police and set police stations on fire.

The problem is this system in general.
Amen

Old 07-23-2021, 07:06 AM

4,154 posts, read 4,170,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookTheBrotherUp View Post
Whereas I can recall Democrats walking out more than once, I cannot recall Republicans ever walking out. Maybe they did. When did Republicans walk out, and for what?
As then Senate Minority Leader Democrats Chuck Schumer, now the Majority Leader, said during Justice Amy Barrett's hearing confirming "Just because we (Democrats) did this, it does not make it right when you (Republicans) do it".

Old 07-23-2021, 02:10 PM

240 posts, read 209,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cw30000 View Post
As then Senate Minority Leader Democrats Chuck Schumer, now the Majority Leader, said during Justice Amy Barrett's hearing confirming "Just because we (Democrats) did this, it does not make it right when you (Republicans) do it".
They don’t have to walk out to block legislation.

Old 07-28-2021, 04:44 PM

3,759 posts, read 5,853,701 times
Quote:
Such hypocrisy !!

Last edited by Yac; 07-28-2021 at 11:04 PM..

Old 07-28-2021, 08:00 PM

35,000 posts, read 16,964,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andtheblack View Post
They don’t have to walk out to block legislation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogarven View Post
Quote:
Such hypocrisy !!
Apparently some Democrats are afraid of democracy. And I say this even though I'm a liberal, even leftist, Democrat.

Old 07-29-2021, 09:48 AM

573 posts, read 335,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Apparently some Democrats are afraid of democracy. And I say this even though I'm a liberal, even leftist, Democrat.
I don't think you know what liberal, leftist, or Democrat is.
Like your very deep and heartfelt admiration for Trump, Ted Cruz, and Fox. Voting for Trump, Romney, and McCain in presidential elections (not any Dems). Dismissal of the Tulsa Race Rights 100 year anniversary presentation and dismissal of the removal of confederate(racist) statues. Hatred for Joe Biden, and advocating for voter suppression. There are other examples.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...ocrats-quorum/
Personally, I don't begrudge Oregon Republicans, or Texas Democrats leave to break quorum. That's the rules the legislature put in place, then they have that right. But for some reason you're ok with Graham threatening it, and Oregon Republican's doing it, but can't stand Texas Dems doing it. That's a perfect example of hypocrisy.

Old 07-29-2021, 12:17 PM

35,000 posts, read 16,964,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilsn3r View Post
I don't think you know what liberal, leftist, or Democrat is.
Like your very deep and heartfelt admiration for Trump, Ted Cruz, and Fox. Voting for Trump, Romney, and McCain in presidential elections (not any Dems). Dismissal of the Tulsa Race Rights 100 year anniversary presentation and dismissal of the removal of confederate(racist) statues. Hatred for Joe Biden, and advocating for voter suppression. There are other examples.
I voted for Jimmy Carter both times, Bill Clinton both times, and Hilary Clinton in 2016. I am pro-choice. I support most wildlife preservation efforts. I support reintroduction of wolves into Yellowstone and other parks. I even scratched behind the ears of an animal that is 98% wolf yesterday.

As for the Tulsa race riots, my people have been the victim of all kinds of religious riots, and the systematic elimination, tacitly supported by FDR and to a lesser extent Churchill, of 1/3 of our worldwide numbers. The Tulsa race riots of 100 years ago were horrid; so is any inter-group strife.

As far as Trump goes I admire certain things he did, and not the man.

As far as Cruz, he and his father are truly a story of the American dream. His father is a refugee from Cuba. Ted, the son, nearly became Republican nominee for President. He was a top student at Princeton, and Harvard Law School. Some of his views are a bit questionable, such as his being anti-abortion. But on balance he's good.

Fox has seriously degenerated over the last year.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...ocrats-quorum/
Personally, I don't begrudge Oregon Republicans, or Texas Democrats leave to break quorum. That's the rules the legislature put in place, then they have that right. But for some reason you're ok with Graham threatening it, and Oregon Republican's doing it, but can't stand Texas Dems doing it. That's a perfect example of hypocrisy.[/quote]I think that legislative debate and not a paralyzing shutdown is called for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas