Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2021, 07:49 PM

34 posts, read 52,474 times

Advertisements

I’m 34, never been married and no kid, and would like to meet a nice man to get married.

Never been interested into night club or party scene, but I do enjoy places of vibrant museum events, art galleries, cultural events, live performance, and farmer market. I value thrift over heavy consumerism culture or crowd.
I am deciding between these metro, Dallas, Houston, Tyler or Beaumont. Would prefer a place where men aren't afraid to strike random conversation.
Which city has higher chance for me to meet other like minded single men between ages 33 to 50?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2021, 09:00 PM

4,435 posts, read 6,304,590 times
Fort Worth would be a good fit.

Old 06-16-2021, 07:47 AM

268 posts, read 180,280 times
It will be hard to separate large urban areas from "heavy consumerism"

Houston has what you are looking for, but you might have to consider the outlying areas, since they are more affordable.

Old 06-16-2021, 08:57 AM

2,511 posts, read 2,215,825 times
Dallas is definitely not a good fit if you value thrift over consumerism.

Old 06-16-2021, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Allen View Post
It will be hard to separate large urban areas from "heavy consumerism"

Houston has what you are looking for, but you might have to consider the outlying areas, since they are more affordable.
Yes, you are right. I'm also looking for decent cost of living as well. SE is only part of Houston metro that I have been to, and it is ok, but there are mostly families living there. What about Beaumont?

Old 06-16-2021, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcualum View Post
Dallas is definitely not a good fit if you value thrift over consumerism.
I just got back from a conference held in Wylie and had a chance driving around Plano and the surrounding area. Stretches' of half of millions dollars looking homes and neighborhoods there. I don't know what kinds of age demographics is there though.

Old 06-16-2021, 10:58 AM

364 posts, read 1,420,808 times
Where are you currently? Do you have a job lined up?

Old 06-16-2021, 11:44 AM

3,842 posts, read 8,269,751 times
As someone who does not drink/smoke/drugs and consequently avoids night clubs and bars, you will have the most luck in a large city where there are lots of family friendly cultural events and simple places to hang out. There will also be more special interest groups to join. Simply put there will be way more diverse pallet of people and things to do in Houston or Dallas. There you can find like minded people. That being said, Dallas does have a reputation for consumerism, but I have never lived there so can't attest to that.

Now in Beaumont, most people who are not tied down are drawn to the night clubs and bars. That's just how it is. If you enjoy church, then that would be one avenue to meet people that prefer family friendly type venues. Lots of churches in the Golden Triangle. Low marks for culture.

Old 06-16-2021, 11:46 AM

694 posts, read 836,015 times
I find Beaumont to be depressing. Its seen better days in the past. Except for the one block of Crockett Street, its downtown is mostly empty storefronts and you wont find much in the way of " vibrant museum events, art galleries, cultural events, live performances" there.

Old 06-16-2021, 11:49 AM

3,028 posts, read 5,085,037 times
Not Beaumont, not a clean or up-and-coming city. It would be ok for you IF you received "big bucks," as the oil field pays in Midland/Odessa

Tyler has many single professional medical field men. Tyler DOES NOT have a vibrant museum scene. The other likes on your list yes, and more. Many spend a day trip to DFW for major or professional events. 1 1/2 hour trip. Look at my many posts made over the last decade. For its' size or even larger city, Tyler is very competitive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas