Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2021, 09:00 AM

1,952 posts, read 829,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
One mistake that I think has been made in this pandemic is that no one wants to discuss the things you can do to keep yourself healthy (like not being fat as a house). Im very pro-vaccine but there are things we can do too.

Have you EVER heard Fauchi or other govt medical experts discuss the following things?

Weight loss
Eating clean
Exercising
Mental health
Taking quality supplements

No..you do not. It is shut up, put on your mask and get an injection. That is it. That is the business model.

I am neither pro or anti vaxx.

I am pro.....you do you and I will do me. See you around...hope you make it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2021, 11:16 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
One mistake that I think has been made in this pandemic is that no one wants to discuss the things you can do to keep yourself healthy (like not being fat as a house). Im very pro-vaccine but there are things we can do too.
Right on.

Long before COVID, I was active, made sure I got outside a lot, and took supplements to keep my immune system in good running order. Of course, I've continued doing that during this time.

Old 08-25-2021, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Right on.

Long before COVID, I was active, made sure I got outside a lot, and took supplements to keep my immune system in good running order. Of course, I've continued doing that during this time.

Exactly!

I have been a serious mt biker for years as well as a gym rat. This, along with my clean eating habits and supplements are probably why my Covid case was so light. Before Covid, I have only had the flu once in my 55 year life. I guess I just have a strong immune system, but i am pretty sure my lifestyle is why it is that way.

Today, I have people that eat loads of fast food and colas and do not exercise, coaching me to get a vaccine and wear a mask. Really? Why should I take health advice from such people?

Nonsense....I will do me and you do you. How about that? LOL

Old 08-27-2021, 08:26 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Scott View Post
Exactly!

I have been a serious mt biker for years as well as a gym rat. This, along with my clean eating habits and supplements are probably why my Covid case was so light. Before Covid, I have only had the flu once in my 55 year life. I guess I just have a strong immune system, but i am pretty sure my lifestyle is why it is that way.

Today, I have people that eat loads of fast food and colas and do not exercise, coaching me to get a vaccine and wear a mask. Really? Why should I take health advice from such people?

Nonsense....I will do me and you do you. How about that? LOL
To share how different people are:

I've never even gotten COVID 19 (knock on wood). I get the flu every single year unless I get a flu vaccine - then I don't get it. Other than the flu, I am a very healthy person, but I've gotten pneumonia twice from the flu. (I got the Hong Kong flu in 1968 as a small child in fact.)

Since I've been taking flu vaccines for years and years, I haven't been sick with the flu in years and years.

As for other stuff, I've kept my immune system healthy for many years as well, and I haven't been sick with colds or anything else either.

The one time I got sick in the past several years, with the flu in fact, was the one year I simply forgot to take the flu vaccine. BINGO. Got it.

Strange, huh?

Consequently, I'm a big believer in just about all vaccines, for me personally. I've never had any sort of negative reaction and they are very effective for me.

Old 08-27-2021, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
To share how different people are:

I've never even gotten COVID 19 (knock on wood). I get the flu every single year unless I get a flu vaccine - then I don't get it. Other than the flu, I am a very healthy person, but I've gotten pneumonia twice from the flu. (I got the Hong Kong flu in 1968 as a small child in fact.)

Since I've been taking flu vaccines for years and years, I haven't been sick with the flu in years and years.

As for other stuff, I've kept my immune system healthy for many years as well, and I haven't been sick with colds or anything else either.

The one time I got sick in the past several years, with the flu in fact, was the one year I simply forgot to take the flu vaccine. BINGO. Got it.

Strange, huh?

Consequently, I'm a big believer in just about all vaccines, for me personally. I've never had any sort of negative reaction and they are very effective for me.

Your experience and mine is a great example of why "just get the vaccine" is not a great solution.

I am just not a fan of mandated medical procedures or "one size fits all" solutions like this. Since I have gotten other vaccinations in the past, no, I am not anti vaccine either.

The great debate in all of this seems to be the people that want to be left alone, versus the people that will not leave other people alone.

Old 08-27-2021, 09:45 AM

533 posts, read 642,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Scott View Post
Your experience and mine is a great example of why "just get the vaccine" is not a great solution.

I am just not a fan of mandated medical procedures or "one size fits all" solutions like this. Since I have gotten other vaccinations in the past, no, I am not anti vaccine either.

The great debate in all of this seems to be the people that want to be left alone, versus the people that will not leave other people alone.

Problem with the above is that you are not only risking yourself but you are risking others around you. My kids are not eligible to be vaccinated and I don't want to put their lives are risk. Let vaccines be available to everyone including kids before we allow those that don't want to get vaccinated to be left alone.

Old 08-27-2021, 09:59 AM

8,348 posts, read 5,502,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fwsavemoney View Post
Problem with the above is that you are not only risking yourself but you are risking others around you. My kids are not eligible to be vaccinated and I don't want to put their lives are risk. Let vaccines be available to everyone including kids before we allow those that don't want to get vaccinated to be left alone.
I do agree with you...for now.

Once anyone can get the vaccine for any reason, it has to be every man for himself.

Old 08-27-2021, 10:02 AM

115 posts, read 63,899 times
Quote:
0.000124% of children (0-11 years old) who tested positive for COVID ended up dying (unknown how many had pre-existing conditions).
https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#demographics

I feel like this is just another goal post that will be shifted yet again. I'd be surprised if vaccinated the children is the last goal we need to reach. We'll come up with another reason to drag this out even further, IMO.

Old 08-27-2021, 01:12 PM

Quote:

You honestly have NO idea if I am risking anything.

Also, many are getting vaccinated and STILL getting and passing along Covid.

Old 08-27-2021, 01:14 PM

8,348 posts, read 5,502,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by potatocoins View Post
I feel like this is just another goal post that will be shifted yet again. .
There is way too much goal post moving.

Ive pi$$ed off many people I know. Im pro-getting the vaccine and I wish more people would. Im also anti-mandates and additional measures. That makes me the target of pretty much everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas