Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2021, 12:25 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,525,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trump Supporter View Post
Sovereignty from the time of Christ in the flesh went from the authority of the Emperor over Christ (Christianity was judged to be an illegal cult calling itself "The Way."), to the Pope by Divine Right under Christ, to the king by Divine Right under Christ, to, finally, our unalienable natural rights breathed by God onto our souls with these superseding every prior authority except Christ.
If one isn't holding Christ to be sovereign, what exactly is sovereign then? Without Christ being at the very top, one only has chaos.
So, the point of contention is just exactly when does an embryo become a living soul. Once that point is reached, then the heartbeat's right to LIFE takes precedence.

Trump's favorite demographic is uneducated, white, males. Look at Trump Supporter's writing.

https://www.economist.com/graphic-de...he-white-house

I rest my case.

Last edited by WestGuest; 09-18-2021 at 01:01 PM.. Reason: link

Old 09-18-2021, 01:51 PM

83 posts, read 52,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestGuest View Post
Trump's favorite demographic is uneducated, white, males. Look at Trump Supporter's writing.

https://www.economist.com/graphic-de...he-white-house

I rest my case.
Trump? Actually, I don't believe there is anyway that Donald Trump will be allowed to win the precedency again. I just support Trump as a problem solver which is something wholly new to the pimpdom that Washington D.C. has become.
Trump is truly a solution driven circle back dandy. Older videos of him way back in his younger years substantiate that he has always been this kind of never-quit-no-matter-what kind of problem solver.
I think your case is very poor.

Old 09-19-2021, 08:50 AM

3,272 posts, read 1,415,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
But when no one agrees on the time frame of when something is in the process of becoming life and when something is life. I do not believe life begins at conception but Ive spoken with many who do. Because this is such an arbitrary topic, thats why its so hard to get people to agree on anything.

Im not sure if Jesus had anything to say about abortion specifically. It wouldnt matter to me since I dont believe in God much less Jesus' divinity, but from a Christian perspective if he did Im unaware of it.
Your statements are not relevant. I won’t bother to say this again because I’ve basically said it three times now and your comments indicate an unwillingness to recognize the reality of the situation. Right now, as of today, women have a Constitutional right to secure an abortion for any reason up to 24 weeks of pregnancy. You may not like that, you may disagree, you may think it is inappropriate, whatever. It is what it is. At some point, the Supreme Court may reverse their opinion, and then (absent Congress acting to specifically amend the Constitution to make abortion a right) the States will be left to decide how abortion is handled. Your religious, moral, historical references are yours (and you have every right to believe them) but they are irrelevant as far as what women can do today.

Old 09-19-2021, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVNomad View Post
Your statements are not relevant. I won’t bother to say this again because I’ve basically said it three times now and your comments indicate an unwillingness to recognize the reality of the situation. Right now, as of today, women have a Constitutional right to secure an abortion for any reason up to 24 weeks of pregnancy. You may not like that, you may disagree, you may think it is inappropriate, whatever. It is what it is. At some point, the Supreme Court may reverse their opinion, and then (absent Congress acting to specifically amend the Constitution to make abortion a right) the States will be left to decide how abortion is handled. Your religious, moral, historical references are yours (and you have every right to believe them) but they are irrelevant as far as what women can do today.
Christ as the sovereign one - this determination made by thousands of years of fellowship by those in the church - is both the most powerful as the greatest one and the least powerful as the very least one. The Apostle Paul would declare himself to be an abortion and yet Christ, as the Son of Man, would proclaim himself to be a lessor person than that.
As I have already noted, prior to Christ being held to the highest authority, it was a Roman Emperor that held the title of most sovereign (a living god).
There are two types of power. One is by affirmation, fiat (make it so), and force. The other is by confirmation, certification by grading and testing, and intelligent reasoning.
So, there is no such institution as "The Supreme Court (or else), but the Socratic question asking "What is the most supreme of courts?"

Last edited by Trump Supporter; 09-19-2021 at 02:32 PM.. Reason: Need to elaborate more

Old 09-19-2021, 06:04 PM

21,544 posts, read 8,725,962 times
Quote:
Christ as the sovereign one - this determination made by thousands of years of fellowship by those in the church - is both the most powerful as the greatest one and the least powerful as the very least one. The Apostle Paul would declare himself to be an abortion and yet Christ, as the Son of Man, would proclaim himself to be a lessor person than that.
As I have already noted, prior to Christ being held to the highest authority, it was a Roman Emperor that held the title of most sovereign (a living god).
There are two types of power. One is by affirmation, fiat (make it so), and force. The other is by confirmation, certification by grading and testing, and intelligent reasoning.
So, there is no such institution as "The Supreme Court (or else), but the Socratic question asking "What is the most supreme of courts?"
Like it or not, the United States is a nation of laws, not a theocracy. One of the founding principles of this country is the separation of church and state.

Old 09-20-2021, 07:26 AM

8,349 posts, read 5,502,221 times
Quote:
We arent a theocracy or a Christian nation. Jesus is irrelevant to all of this. You may bow to him, but no one is forced to for living in America.

Im personally thankful for that we live in a nation where we arent forced to adhere to a book of fairy tales like the Bible or Quran.

Old 09-20-2021, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayarea4 View Post
Like it or not, the United States is a nation of laws, not a theocracy. One of the founding principles of this country is the separation of church and state.
As a Christian, I believe all solutions start with Christ.

1) Pertaining to the law, it is interesting how the use of such an endeavor was never able to locate Christ either as an infant, during the time of his adolescence, or during his three year ministry. While the law hounded him, other than three wise men, the only ones able to locate him were the most wretched. When it became time for him to be judged by the law, Jesus had to raise up a betrayer (Judas) to go fetch and bring the law to himself. JESUS SENT JUDAS! One of the reasons for him being judged was to establish this point.

2) Nearly sixteen hundred years later, Galileo would discredit the rational thought process utilized in supporting the law. In the philosophy of science, religious dogma was having to be weeded out of science under the excuse that it was metaphysics because everything was literally religious. After all, it was religion - both Islam and Christianity - that gave birth to science calling it God's natural law. Ironically, in order to advance natural law, natural philosophers first had to weed out Aristotle's logic as fallacious.

Copernicus, Galileo, and Keplar together would, in time, prove that Aristotle was way off that the Moon had the same mortal nature as the Earth, that it didn't express an immortal nature seperate from the Earth, that it was not perfectly round, that it didn't have a perfectly round surface, and that it's orbit around the Earth was not a perfect circle.

In time, Galileo was proven to be right. In response, science rejected logic utilizing reduction in place of it. It was thought that if evidence could be reduced carefully towards it would have to be true. Problem is, that truth became incomprehensible to almost everyone outside of the one who performed the reduction. So, they had to also include another conclusion in the form of an analysis. That inclusion of an analysis gave birth to the need for linguistics as, in the process of explaining the reduction, one had to do so perfectly in a way that could never be misunderstood. Terms like c-rules were developed:

E=MC²

We live in a confusing world. While those in the past have been proven to be irrational, those same people in the past took a long time to prove that it is impossible mentally to look back to make such a supposition.

3) The use of law today has become a taxing disease:
Congress creates a black law, the President administers the law to the exact opposite case turning it a color white by signed executive order. The Supreme Court then steps in to adjudicate compromising between those two colors settling upon the color gray.

The process not only cheats the people out of fifty percent every time, but also out of the high cost paid for such corruption.

Old 09-20-2021, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
We arent a theocracy or a Christian nation. Jesus is irrelevant to all of this. You may bow to him, but no one is forced to for living in America.

Im personally thankful for that we live in a nation where we arent forced to adhere to a book of fairy tales like the Bible or Quran.
If one could approach Socrates to discuss the United States Supreme Court, he knew enough not to ask "What is the United States Supreme Court?" Instead, he would ask "What is the most supreme of courts?"

The reason why is because no deeper poop exists than unclassified virtue. Greeks just acted like they knew what they were talking about out of fear of being accused of behaving impious.

Paradoxically, the more our nation rejects God, theocracy (the ancient Greek philosophy), and all of past history, the more we seem to return to this former sorry state of affairs.

Old 09-20-2021, 08:50 AM

3,272 posts, read 1,415,606 times
Quote:
If one could approach Socrates to discuss the United States Supreme Court, he knew enough not to ask "What is the United States Supreme Court?" Instead, he would ask "What is the most supreme of courts?"

The reason why is because no deeper poop exists than unclassified virtue. Greeks just acted like they knew what they were talking about out of fear of being accused of behaving impious.

Paradoxically, the more our nation rejects God, theocracy (the ancient Greek philosophy), and all of past history, the more we seem to return to this former sorry state of affairs.
You are smoking some good ****….maybe you can share some with the rest of us.

Old 09-20-2021, 08:51 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
I'm an atheist, this country is full of Hindi's, Buddhists, Jews, Muslims, even Rastafarians so it's a little weird to base you argument on nothing more than your own beliefs. If you want to argue about religion, I would suggest you should go to the religion forum where you will most likely be welcomed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas