Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2021, 04:35 PM

83 posts, read 52,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
I really dont care. Live your life and Ill live mine. I draw the line when a book of lies (like the Bible and the Quran) is used to make laws that I have to follow. Those books (again the Bible and the Quran) were the primary inspiration for slavery, war, segregation, and the extermination of Native Americans.

You can have it but leave me out of it.
I really don't have anything further to say on the issue either. Cool.
One last question. What writing in history wasn't full of lies?

Last edited by Trump Supporter; 09-20-2021 at 04:43 PM.. Reason: Include a question

Old 09-21-2021, 05:34 AM

Quote:
You probably picked the wrong state. Texas is still red but its trending purple. My conservative relatives looking to leave Las Vegas wont even consider Texas for that reason. They are looking at Alabama.
Aristotle didn't use the color purple to represent the moderate position at the center of his political spectrum, but the color gold. It wasn't his intention to isolate the Greek people into far out red and blue extreme states, but to expose them. See, the Greeks, just like the rest of humanity has desired to be in all places throughout time, liked being positioned normal - not too hot or cold - in the middle of the scale at the golden mean.

In Texas, we enjoy being normal and golden. Think of us as the new mainstream sitting at the middle of the nation not too east and not too west.

Old 09-21-2021, 01:41 PM

8,347 posts, read 5,498,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trump Supporter View Post
I really don't have anything further to say on the issue either. Cool.
One last question. What writing in history wasn't full of lies?
A few things:

Saying other writings in history also contained lies doesn't absolve the Bible from being full of lies. Men lie. Historical writings were penned by man and so was the Bible. The difference between historical writings the holy books is that the later focuses mainly on the supernatural. It is impossible to prove or disprove the supernatural. There is no proof that Jesus was the son of God, that Noah's Ark was a real thing, that a man lived inside the belly of a whale, or that God himself even exists. So it boils down to a person blindly following. If thats what they wish to do, great! But I draw the line when the same people that think a 500 year old built a giant ship decide to make laws based on the book where that story came from.

With historical events, we can prove or disprove most of them scientifically or mathematically. That is not comparable to the supernatural or holy books.

Old 09-21-2021, 09:11 PM

Quote:
A few things:

Saying other writings in history also contained lies doesn't absolve the Bible from being full of lies. Men lie. Historical writings were penned by man and so was the Bible. The difference between historical writings the holy books is that the later focuses mainly on the supernatural. It is impossible to prove or disprove the supernatural. There is no proof that Jesus was the son of God, that Noah's Ark was a real thing, that a man lived inside the belly of a whale, or that God himself even exists. So it boils down to a person blindly following. If thats what they wish to do, great! But I draw the line when the same people that think a 500 year old built a giant ship decide to make laws based on the book where that story came from.

With historical events, we can prove or disprove most of them scientifically or mathematically. That is not comparable to the supernatural or holy books.
Here is my interpretation:
Like the Apostle Paul, Moses was a chosen vessel. He hand wrote the first five books of the Old Testament. During the time of Jesus, that prior knowledge became lost.
As Mary and Joseph ran for their lives, Jesus would gather together that lost Old Testament knowledge by poor fingers kneeling down on the ground and teaching by drawing in the dirt — no paper!
The Chief Priests only understood the Old Testament as it pertained to the marketplace. They just feigned knowledge of it because it no longer existed. Jesus would recover that lost knowledge from the hearts of the wretched.
As Jesus later approached the adulteress that had been displayed in the street, the high preists had already put her soul onto the market. As no one offered to purchase her as a slave, figure that she was a very ugly woman about to be stoned to death. In order to purchase her soul for free, Jesus bent down to write the Old Testament in the dirt. As the high preists knew little about the Old Testament, they were ashamed. After running off the high priests and the mob, Jesus then set the soul of the woman free.
Multiplying the evil involved, figure the man involved in the adulteress affair had purchased forgiveness for future indulgences. He could do so because it was believed that only men possessed a spiritual being while women were spiritually dead. She couldn't benefit in such a fashion.
The point here is that Jesus didn't come to just preach a New Testament, but he also recovered an Old Testament that had been lost.

Old 09-21-2021, 11:49 PM

61,713 posts, read 87,123,005 times
I think some of you should discuss it on Religion Forum.
Closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas