Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2021, 09:06 AM

2,674 posts, read 2,627,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Ashbury View Post
No one disputes that innocent people have been put to death and that there is a strong case for being against the death penalty simply because of that (I am).

However there's zero hypocrisy in the fundamental premise of wanting innocent babies not to be murdered while wanting murdering criminals to be put to death.

Babies = innocent
Murderers = not innocent

Pretty simple stuff, but pro abortionists pretend not to understand the difference, same way they pretend babies in their mom's wombs are not separate people despite every bit of scientific evidence (including separate DNA) saying otherwise.

To the larger point, this whole conversation could be a lot honest if the pro abortionists would just drop the lies and say they're against a child's right to life if the child's mother decides to murder them. And the fact that the default retreat is "well what about pregnancy caused by rape?!", which is the cause of less than 1% of abortions (per voluntary surveys given to women who have abortions in the US) is a tacit admission that they can't make a sound, logical argument as to why women should get to murder their kids. They have to retreat to the absolute worst example they can think of, as if even that would justify the murder of a child.

Simply put: no one should have a right to murder a baby. That's it. That's the argument. And we're going to use it to win. Science and morality are NOT on the side of the abortionists and the dreadful attempt to reframe the murder of millions of babies as a "right to choose" will fail. Keep screaming about how babies aren't people before they're born. We're not listening to your evil anti-science lies anymore.

Roe v. Wade will eventually be voided just like Dred Scott v. Sandford was. And just like the slave owners and bigots did back then, you'll simply have to find a way to deal with it.
Thank you, thank you, thank you. You put that absolutely precisely right. Approximately 62 million babies have been aborted since Roe v. Wade. 62 million innocent people who had their lives taken away. I don't know how anyone could think that's a good thing.

Old 09-04-2021, 09:10 AM

1,651 posts, read 866,625 times
Quote:
No one disputes that innocent people have been put to death and that there is a strong case for being against the death penalty simply because of that (I am).

However there's zero hypocrisy in the fundamental premise of wanting innocent babies not to be murdered while wanting murdering criminals to be put to death.

Babies = innocent
Murderers = not innocent

Pretty simple stuff, but pro abortionists pretend not to understand the difference, same way they pretend babies in their mom's wombs are not separate people despite every bit of scientific evidence (including separate DNA) saying otherwise.

To the larger point, this whole conversation could be a lot honest if the pro abortionists would just drop the lies and say they're against a child's right to life if the child's mother decides to murder them. And the fact that the default retreat is "well what about pregnancy caused by rape?!", which is the cause of less than 1% of abortions (per voluntary surveys given to women who have abortions in the US) is a tacit admission that they can't make a sound, logical argument as to why women should get to murder their kids. They have to retreat to the absolute worst example they can think of, as if even that would justify the murder of a child.

Simply put: no one should have a right to murder a baby. That's it. That's the argument. And we're going to use it to win. Science and morality are NOT on the side of the abortionists and the dreadful attempt to reframe the murder of millions of babies as a "right to choose" will fail. Keep screaming about how babies aren't people before they're born. We're not listening to your evil anti-science lies anymore.

Roe v. Wade will eventually be voided just like Dred Scott v. Sandford was. And just like the slave owners and bigots did back then, you'll simply have to find a way to deal with it.
Can we please stop comparing every supreme court case we disagree with to Dred vs. Scott and/or Brown vs. Board of Education. The abortion debate has no similarities with these cases.

With that being said, the part I disagree with the most is the "deputizing of regular citizens to enforce the law." Come on, $10,000 rewards for successful litigation plus attorney fees. How can this be constitutional. In an era of tribalism politics, this will only further the divide.

I suspect the powers that crafted the law, didn't expect it to survive a court challenge. They were merely doing it to appease their base and help the governor to increase his national conservative reputation. Now the Texas GOP will have to scramble to prevent a moderate to left wing backlash from further eroding their advantage. This issue combined with the disastrous handling of the winter freeze is not a good look.

Old 09-04-2021, 09:22 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,268,189 times
Quote:

Babies = innocent
Murderers = not innocent

I agree, no one should murder babies, but you know what? That's already against the law, it's called infanticide, but we aren't talking about babies but rather fetuses who can't survive outside of their mother's body. It's important to learn the difference.

Old 09-04-2021, 09:24 AM

8,346 posts, read 5,498,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhpa View Post
Thank you, thank you, thank you. You put that absolutely precisely right. Approximately 62 million babies have been aborted since Roe v. Wade. 62 million innocent people who had their lives taken away. I don't know how anyone could think that's a good thing.
A few cells in a womb or a fetus that can't survive outside a mothers body isn't a baby.

Old 09-04-2021, 10:05 AM

10,065 posts, read 14,439,885 times
Not only is this law shocking and fundamentally wrong, but it's taking Texas backwards about 100 years.

It's going to be very difficult for Texas to continue to tout itself as a "great place to live and work" when women's rights are being suppressed and restricted.

My guess is huge brand tech companies -- and many others -- that are rapidly expanding in Texas like Apple and Google are probably regretting the decision greatly right now.

It just blows me away that in this current day and age, that men are still succeeding in their attempts to control women's bodies.

Old 09-04-2021, 10:33 AM

2,674 posts, read 2,627,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
A few cells in a womb or a fetus that can't survive outside a mothers body isn't a baby.
This article explains the argument you're making.

Old 09-04-2021, 11:29 AM

8,346 posts, read 5,498,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhpa View Post
This article explains the argument you're making.
Nope. Not even a little bit.

Tutsis and Jews are living, breathing people. A few cells isn’t a person. A fetus isn’t a person.

Old 09-04-2021, 01:21 PM

2,945 posts, read 4,991,361 times
I read an interesting comment yesterday that I’ve NEVER thought of or seen before.

Someone said the continual Roe v Wade nonsense is solely about white men wanting to control white women. It said births are down across the board with white women and with the country moving quickly to a minority majority white men need white women to have more babies to maintain the status quo of white majority.

TBH, it made me go then it made sense in a way. VERY few white women are walking around single mothers. Most with children are married. unmarried one are THE ones getting abortions.

Black and brown and Hispanic women are the ones having all the children. Especially Hispanic. A these are not the babies “dying” cuz you know they could care less about no white babies that are harder to convert to the GOP.

28 year old single, good career track white women vs black woman…the white woman is much more likely to have the abortion.

White woman will wait for a husband to be a SAHM or a nanny/ not mess up upward tract on her job vs the black woman will go at it as a single mom never even a thought of not keeping the baby like most of the women in her circle or who she knows.

Old 09-04-2021, 01:27 PM

3,148 posts, read 2,050,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DejaBlue View Post
I read an interesting comment yesterday that I’ve NEVER thought of or seen before.

Someone said the continual Roe v Wade nonsense is solely about white men wanting to control white women. It said births are down across the board with white women and with the country moving quickly to a minority majority white men need white women to have more babies to maintain the status quo of white majority.

TBH, it made me go then it made sense in a way. VERY few white women are walking around single mothers. Most with children are married. unmarried one are THE ones getting abortions.

Black and brown and Hispanic women are the ones having all the children. Especially Hispanic. A these are not the babies “dying” cuz you know they could care less about no white babies that are harder to convert to the GOP.

28 year old single, good career track white women vs black woman…the white woman is much more likely to have the abortion.

White woman will wait for a husband to be a SAHM or a nanny/ not mess up upward tract on her job vs the black woman will go at it as a single mom never even a thought of not keeping the baby like most of the women in her circle or who she knows.
Agreed, I've always believed that the focus on abortion has always been a demographic play by conservative white men that don't want to lose the "baby race" so to speak. White women have the lowest birth rates in the country so it's not particularly surprising.

Morality has something to do with it for some portion of anti-abortion folks but it's always been about control. The way the law is framed (empowering random people to sue abortion providers) makes that more than crystal clear.

Old 09-04-2021, 01:44 PM

3,562 posts, read 4,395,122 times
I consider myself pro-life. Nevertheless, for many years I have favored women's legal right to have an abortion. There is one specific incident which changed my position on this topic. Many years ago, I was driving with my father. As we drove through his neighborhood, a little girl was sweeping a house driveway. My father pointed at the girl and said, "that little girl is 13 years old and is already a mother." According to my father, the child was raped by a family friend. Getting an abortion was not an option at the time.

I will never be that child who was raped and impregnated. But there are little girls out there whom - God forbid - may someday be victims of rape and impregnation. It would be fair for them to have the option to abort if they wish to.

My position is that legal abortions should be discouraged yet remain available as a last resort.

My heart goes out to every woman who's ever been a victim of this type of abuse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas