Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 12:58 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,691,351 times

Advertisements

so true!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2008, 01:47 PM

746 posts, read 3,727,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPJ4088 View Post
True, but here I have seen 10 people in a single house pooling their money for rent and naked toddlers strewn all over the front yard. That house alone probably made mine decrease in value by $25,000 alone.

Indeed, Austin is not coastal at all, but when you come from the landlocked desert hellhole that is Utah, it's pretty coastal to me! At least Nevada has Las Vegas to keep its people sane...

I guess I'll have to trust the realtor and have them choose the first "nice suburb", then maybe I'll move again when I get a feel for the area...
LOL! Always the naked toddlers! What a primal scene, a sad scene........
and strewn all over the yard to boot! Poor kids!

Old 06-02-2008, 10:04 PM

2,611 posts, read 3,589,354 times
The Rio Grande Valley may also be a choice for you and it gets better when the Winter Texans come down to visit, but it's humid down here, but not as humid as the coastal cities.

Old 06-03-2008, 01:31 PM

2 posts, read 3,529 times
Hi i live in cedar creek tx just outside austin and 20 minutes from Bastrop tx. i have lived here over 30 years . the people here are friendly and helpful.crime is every where but i feel we have very little in our area. the schools are in Bastrop and the teachers are great and pay attention to what goes on with the kids. where you live is what you make it and how much you get involved in your comunity and the people around you. Bastrop is a great town with ice skating rink. movies.hospital.lots of resturants. and retail stores. medical center.

Old 06-04-2008, 12:30 PM

5,244 posts, read 4,708,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
If you are looking are a great suburb, I'll name three suburbs in three different areas.

Frisco in the Dallas-Fort Worth area
Round Rock in the Austin area
Sugar Land in the Houston area

All three of them have a great quality of life and offer the kind of suburban life you're looking for. They are diversified communities who are setting high standards in planning and have a desire to create great things for families. Each of them are all growing rapidly, especially Frisco, and have a number of different, innovative, master-planned neighborhoods. You will enjoy Texas no matter where you land.
I'll have to agree with this poster for suburbs of large cities and to fit all your needs. Also, there is a suburb in Houston called Spring that has a large LDS church, very beautiful that may fit your needs.

Now, if you consider something more southern like another suggested, like the Rio Grande Valley, you will find most neighborhoods there overrun by illegal aliens, you will stick out like a sore thumb, and it is wicked hot. Good luck to you!

Old 06-04-2008, 08:50 PM

20 posts, read 112,623 times
I don't think he will be going to the LDS church in Spring since he isn't LDS, but Spring is a lovely area, the Houston LDS Temple is there which I believe is what she is talking about. Houston has humidity and traffic, but the people I know who live there really like Spring.

Old 08-17-2008, 07:29 PM

146 posts, read 520,450 times
Littlefield texas is a nice town that has all the things that you were asking for we are only thirty minutes from lubbock so we can still go and get the big things that we need without all the hustle and bustle of the city we have a big community thing we support the school and have big town parties plenty of retired people we are in the panhandle of texas it is not very deserty we have lots of farms we have mild humidity and warm summers with mild winters all and all its a good place that is not to far from things that you need

Old 10-08-2009, 10:48 AM

2 posts, read 2,878 times
Hi We need to move to a drier climate for our special needs little girl. We currently live in Southern Kentucky and we are currently looking at Crosbyton or surrounding smaller towns outside of Lubbock an suggestions?

Old 10-08-2009, 08:09 PM

1,618 posts, read 6,616,078 times
If it helps, I known couple of mormon's that lived in the outskirt of Austin. Both of them moved back to Utah, if see them; Tell them that I said "HI".

They will be either walking or riding mountain bikes in black business suits with a backpack on their backs.

Old 10-09-2009, 08:43 AM

437 posts, read 924,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamimilam View Post
Hi We need to move to a drier climate for our special needs little girl. We currently live in Southern Kentucky and we are currently looking at Crosbyton or surrounding smaller towns outside of Lubbock an suggestions?

Please consider Tahoka. It's 25 miles south of Lubbock, and an easy 30 minute drive to the airport. It has super-friendly people, a good school system, and decent hospital and library facilities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas