Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2022, 11:29 AM

3,950 posts, read 3,004,506 times

Advertisements

There are lots of rich Mexican nationals moving to Texas and they tend to be conservative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2022, 11:40 AM

8,338 posts, read 5,492,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supfromthesite View Post
I wouldn't be so sure.
The data is there. We don’t have to wonder. Cubans being the exception.

Old 06-15-2022, 11:43 AM

3,950 posts, read 3,004,506 times
There is data that shows hispanics in big cities aren't moving to the red? Go ahead and post it then. I don't see how that is even something you could possibly prove with data...

Old 06-15-2022, 11:47 AM

4,754 posts, read 2,974,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
I dont think its anything Trump did. He did poorly with them in 2016 when the Border Wall was his selling point.

Rather, the Dems just shoved them in his direction because they were so out of touch with them. Defund the Police was WILDLY unpopular down there and the concessions being entertained by the left wing turned a lot of people off. Also, the cult of Catholicism tends to look unfavorably upon abortion which probably helped down there. Dems always went with the mindset that if you were immigrant friendly, that would carry the border regions when in reality the view is “I’m already here so why should I care???”

It’s also important to remember the lack of diversity in the RGV. They are only Mexican Americans and Mexican immigrants. But Mexican immigration to the US is net negative. The. People coming from Latin America are overwhelmingly from Central America and they don’t stay in the Valley. They settle almost entirely in Houston or to a lesser degree Dallas. Those will be more inclined to vote blue vs. Mexicans, Cubans, or Venezuelans.
It's far more than just defund the police. In general, Democrats/liberals are out of touch.

For example, Black Lives Matter was not popular. Another thing widely unpopular is this LatinX crap, as they just call themselves Latino/Latina, etc. Which brings me to the next point, which is the LGBLTQetc. stuff is also widely unpopular. It was one thing to vote for Democrats when their social issues were more about getting undocumented folks to become citizens. It's another when you try to force the gender and race thing all the time, especially when anyone with an internet connection can see more sides to the story than what gets pushed on TV/social media.

Also in your post you said the "cult of Catholicism" is another reason why, but that statement right there by you (a liberal) shows how out of touch liberals are. You aren't going to win any voters by going after their religion, no matter how you may personally feel about it. You already are going to see more of a conservative movement sweep into the big cities this time around. It's just a matter of how much will it swing back in that direction, not if it will.

Old 06-15-2022, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DabOnEm View Post

Also in your post you said the "cult of Catholicism" is another reason why, but that statement right there by you (a liberal) shows how out of touch liberals are. You aren't going to win any voters by going after their religion, no matter how you may personally feel about it. You already are going to see more of a conservative movement sweep into the big cities this time around. It's just a matter of how much will it swing back in that direction, not if it will.

You think Im trying to win votes for Democrats? Thats a good one. I only voted for them in Texas for the same reason Id vote for Republicans if I still lived in California: purple is better than red or blue.

I dont say Catholicism is a cult because Im left of center, I say its a cult because all religions are. Islam, Catholicism, Protestant Christianity, Judaism, Buddhism, etc. Every single one is a cult built around the leaders and the culture of the religion. Religion is spiritual enslavement and I will always blaspheme them for the garbage they are. That has nothing to do with politics. Hell Biden and AOC are catholic. A lot of Catholics are ULTRA liberal. They arent bound to a party.

Old 06-15-2022, 12:06 PM

35,061 posts, read 16,995,362 times
Default Republicans flip U.S. House seat in South Texas, historically a Democratic Stronghold

This is not a great sign for the Texas is turning Blue crowd. Republicans flip U.S. House seat in South Texas, historically a Democratic Stronghold.

Old 06-15-2022, 12:30 PM

Quote:

You think Im trying to win votes for Democrats? Thats a good one. I only voted for them in Texas for the same reason Id vote for Republicans if I still lived in California: purple is better than red or blue.

I dont say Catholicism is a cult because Im left of center, I say its a cult because all religions are. Islam, Catholicism, Protestant Christianity, Judaism, Buddhism, etc. Every single one is a cult built around the leaders and the culture of the religion. Religion is spiritual enslavement and I will always blaspheme them for the garbage they are. That has nothing to do with politics. Hell Biden and AOC are catholic. A lot of Catholics are ULTRA liberal. They arent bound to a party.
I like how you didn't list your particular religion/sect here (the one you openly spoke about). Why is that?

But like I said no matter what you feel about it, you won't win people over like that. I know many people who are ultra liberal who claim to be Catholic. Many don't even think the current Pope us a true Catholic based on some of the things he's done/said. Actions speak louder than words. This is why Democrats are losing Hispanics and not just in Texas either.

Old 06-15-2022, 12:41 PM

Quote:
I like how you didn't list your particular religion/sect here (the one you openly spoke about). Why is that?

But like I said no matter what you feel about it, you won't win people over like that. I know many people who are ultra liberal who claim to be Catholic. Many don't even think the current Pope us a true Catholic based on some of the things he's done/said. Actions speak louder than words. This is why Democrats are losing Hispanics and not just in Texas either.
Whom am I trying to win over?

Old 06-15-2022, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Whom am I trying to win over?
"You" is in general terms. I didnt say you specifically were trying to win people over. But the general line of thinking does apply and is why Dems are losing Latinos.

Old 06-15-2022, 01:01 PM

6,503 posts, read 7,533,875 times
Quote:
Another thing widely unpopular is this LatinX crap, as they just call themselves Latino/Latina, etc. .
I, like many Latinos, hate this LATINX sh*t that far left democrats and universities are trying to shove down our throat's so much. If they are so hell bent on making things gender neutral, then just call us Hispanics or Latin Americans. No need to make up non sensical words.

Many US Hispanics don't even know about the term but those that do mostly despise it. Pretty sure only young university students embrace the term and I would venture to say most of those Hispanic kids don't know more than 10 words in Spanish.

Congrats to Mexican born American Mayra Flores on the victory, a first. I would've thought the first would have come from California and be a democrat!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas