Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2022, 10:04 AM

12,949 posts, read 13,336,259 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
You know the south is a greater welfare burden than other regions?
That economic situation was dictated by pre-Civil War “Old South” culture, exacerbated by Reconstruction, then extended well into the 20th Century by federal government/corporate policies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2022, 10:08 AM

12,949 posts, read 13,336,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by done working View Post
Agreed just making a observation of our local politics. We blew it nationally and Trump and his candidates have alot of responsibility for it too. Trump time is over.
Trump never should’ve been in the WH in the first place, but we can thank the democrats for promoting Hillary to enable him.
The days of decent presidential candidates elapsed two generations ago.

Old 11-11-2022, 10:21 AM

3,950 posts, read 3,004,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
You know the south is a greater welfare burden than other regions?
I wonder why that is?

I am fine with getting rid of welfare for all people that are able to work and choose not to.

Old 11-11-2022, 10:22 AM

35,061 posts, read 16,995,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
Trump never should’ve been in the WH in the first place, but we can thank the democrats for promoting Hillary to enable him.
The days of decent presidential candidates elapsed two generations ago.
I disagree. What about (Bill) Clinton, Reagan, Humphrey and quite possibly Romney and Mondale (against a less powerful opponent)? I agree that Nixon, McGovern, Carter, Dukakis, GWHB, Dole, Gore, GWB (possibly), McCain, Obama and (Hilary) Clinton were no good.

Old 11-11-2022, 01:17 PM

12,837 posts, read 9,552,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supfromthesite View Post
I wonder why that is?

I am fine with getting rid of welfare for all people that are able to work and choose not to.
You tell me

Old 11-11-2022, 04:15 PM

340 posts, read 266,452 times
Since we all agree that running Beto again was a terrible idea, who should have run against Abbott instead? Who would have had a better chance of winning?

Old 11-11-2022, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastletonSnob1 View Post
Since we all agree that running Beto again was a terrible idea, who should have run against Abbott instead? Who would have had a better chance of winning?
The answer is you find someone new, get him exposure and maybe next time he'll gain traction.

Old 12-31-2022, 06:09 AM

340 posts, read 266,452 times
IMO, trying to woo rural voters who won't vote for them anyway is the wrong strategy.

Democrats should focus on people in cities, where their base is. If they can get Harris County and Bexar County, which are currently 55%-45% Democratic, to go 65%-35% Democratic, like Dallas County and Travis County, Texas can turn blue.

Old 01-02-2023, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastletonSnob1 View Post
IMO, trying to woo rural voters who won't vote for them anyway is the wrong strategy.

Democrats should focus on people in cities, where their base is. If they can get Harris County and Bexar County, which are currently 55%-45% Democratic, to go 65%-35% Democratic, like Dallas County and Travis County, Texas can turn blue.
I'm a Democrat but I doubt the Republicans will just sti there while that happened to California. California went from being reddish-purple to deep Blue by paying no attention to this process.

Old 01-03-2023, 08:46 AM

1,108 posts, read 528,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I'm a Democrat but I doubt the Republicans will just sti there while that happened to California. California went from being reddish-purple to deep Blue by paying no attention to this process.
not really calif turned blue because way to many lazy sob's wanted free crap and like a governments they cow tow to them for votes. it started with calif state employees back in the 80-90's with over the top pensions, retirement policies and spread to locals. then the cry babies started with i dont have this or that and i deserve it.

simple math - more people with their fracking hand out than those who actually made money and paid taxes. and it has not stopped. so many of us who actually worked and paid our taxes just got fed up and left. others can feed the cows for a while but i stopped years ago except the state still rapes me on my real estate investments there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas