Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2021, 08:05 PM

11,819 posts, read 26,685,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX Rover View Post
Factually incorrect
No, it’s not “factually incorrect.” Bexar County went 58% for Biden, and Dallas County went 65%.

Tarrant County and Collin Counties went to Trump, but only by 51%.
Denton County went for Trump by 58%.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2021, 08:39 PM

1,085 posts, read 678,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristieP View Post
No, it’s not “factually incorrect.” Bexar County went 58% for Biden, and Dallas County went 65%.

Tarrant County and Collin Counties went to Trump, but only by 51%.
Denton County went for Trump by 58%.
Please do the math, and - again - realize that when an area goes with a slight majority of voters it doesn’t make the entire area one team. If Dallas county (which really was never directly recommended) went 65%, it would be 30% “blue” in your book.

It is factually incorrect, as voter turnout was not 100%, therefore you’re still talking about a minority of the population, while labeling all of the population with the same brush. Those are the real facts.

Old 12-08-2021, 05:46 AM

11,819 posts, read 26,685,219 times
I pulled those statistics straight from results of the 2020 Presidential Election. I didn’t try to doctor them up or account for turnout, etc. I’m just quoting the election results to show that these counties voted heavily Democrat since the OP stated she was looking for a conservative area.

Old 12-08-2021, 06:13 AM

7,253 posts, read 3,042,604 times
When the Orange One limited the SALT tax to $10,000 per year it set into motion a lot of Blue Pill people to Red Pill States. Most major metropolitan areas are Blue. People need to be politically correct and play nice with others because most areas are 60/40 blue/red or 60/40 red/blue -- you should look at the elections maps to see where you can go live Deep Red where you are 90% surrounded by the Red Pill people. Florida must be more overall red than Texas. But, I'll let you look at the map; I know what the map looks like for my state.

Live and let live. People have differences of opinion on everything under the sun. You will not find another living human that exactly mirrors your belief pattern on everything in life (most married couples fight for instance). So, you can't get your spouse to agree with you and you expect an entire city of people to agree with you? Seems like a fool's errand and wherever you go there you are...

A co-worker had to transfer to Dallas last year due to her husband's job. After several months back in Texas she said she'd rather live anywhere in Oregon than Texas (but, they're now stuck there). They moved down during that big freeze and their new house pipes froze. Then, a few weeks later they were hanging onto each other in the bathroom due to a tornado (I kid you not). Her husband is very motivated by money (and she agreed to follow his career early on in their marriage). Texans are very competitive over educating their kids. My sister and her husband raised three kids in the Kingwood school district back in the day and they were all in the gifted and talented program. All of them have professional designations and experienced advancement in their careers. I am not sure about Florida if those kids would have been swimsuit models instead of professionals (probably happier...) if all of those years were in Florida instead??? I know my sister and her husband are still working on two of their houses that got flooded in Hurricane Harvey (which sounds like a total blast).

Old 12-08-2021, 06:41 AM

Quote:
I pulled those statistics straight from results of the 2020 Presidential Election. I didn’t try to doctor them up or account for turnout, etc. I’m just quoting the election results to show that these counties voted heavily Democrat since the OP stated she was looking for a conservative area.
You continue to miss the point.

Old 12-08-2021, 08:18 AM

2,819 posts, read 2,117,631 times
DFW and all of the major cities in Texas aren't conservative enough for you. Try Amarillo or better yet, Midland/Odessa.

Old 12-08-2021, 09:16 AM

19,519 posts, read 17,753,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wile E. Coyote View Post
When the Orange One limited the SALT tax to $10,000 per year it set into motion a lot of Blue Pill people to Red Pill States. Most major metropolitan areas are Blue. People need to be politically correct and play nice with others because most areas are 60/40 blue/red or 60/40 red/blue -- you should look at the elections maps to see where you can go live Deep Red where you are 90% surrounded by the Red Pill people. Florida must be more overall red than Texas. But, I'll let you look at the map; I know what the map looks like for my state.

Live and let live. People have differences of opinion on everything under the sun. You will not find another living human that exactly mirrors your belief pattern on everything in life (most married couples fight for instance). So, you can't get your spouse to agree with you and you expect an entire city of people to agree with you? Seems like a fool's errand and wherever you go there you are...

A co-worker had to transfer to Dallas last year due to her husband's job. After several months back in Texas she said she'd rather live anywhere in Oregon than Texas (but, they're now stuck there). They moved down during that big freeze and their new house pipes froze. Then, a few weeks later they were hanging onto each other in the bathroom due to a tornado (I kid you not). Her husband is very motivated by money (and she agreed to follow his career early on in their marriage). Texans are very competitive over educating their kids. My sister and her husband raised three kids in the Kingwood school district back in the day and they were all in the gifted and talented program. All of them have professional designations and experienced advancement in their careers. I am not sure about Florida if those kids would have been swimsuit models instead of professionals (probably happier...) if all of those years were in Florida instead??? I know my sister and her husband are still working on two of their houses that got flooded in Hurricane Harvey (which sounds like a total blast).
A lot of that is right on. Just to add unlimited SALT related deductions amount to freakishly large tax subsidies to places that usually claim to be net funders (I've never once seen SALT totals included within any this state subsidies this state list).

Old 12-08-2021, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkwensky View Post
DFW and all of the major cities in Texas aren't conservative enough for you. Try Amarillo or better yet, Midland/Odessa.
Relative to Seattle area, even Dallas proper would seem very right wing.

Old 12-08-2021, 12:18 PM

5,582 posts, read 4,853,398 times
Quote:
I think folks in some West Coast cities get comfortable with the reality that they may never have to interact with any neighbors or acquaintances who vote Republican or are pro-Trump. That's not realistic anywhere in Middle America, even in "blue" counties like Dallas, so the very possibility of that happening on a weekly or daily basis probably makes them queasy.

Old 12-08-2021, 12:59 PM

2,819 posts, read 2,117,631 times
Quote:
OP sounds easily triggered by any mention of vaccines and masks, so will definitely feel unwelcome in any of the big 4. At Midessa or Amarillo however people look at you funny if you wear a mask so I would say that's where they should go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas