Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-18-2008, 11:18 PM
 
3 posts, read 10,762 times
Reputation: 11

Advertisements

My husband has just got accepted to the college of pharmacy at A&M of kingsville. I was wondering if anyone knows a good place to live there, or if we should just commute from somewhere. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-18-2008, 11:29 PM
 
Location: Dallas
808 posts, read 3,646,944 times
Reputation: 305
Cue response from bellestaroftexas...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2008, 04:28 AM
 
Location: Texas
3,494 posts, read 14,377,813 times
Reputation: 1413
nope i aint even going to stir it up again. to the original poster, you can search the forum for all the posts written about this town. but then again, you may not want to, if you are already committed to go........

Quote:
Originally Posted by awecelot View Post
Cue response from bellestaroftexas...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2008, 07:38 AM
 
Location: la hacienda
2,256 posts, read 9,759,625 times
Reputation: 1159
Belle, surely, during your time in Kingsville you became aware of the better places to live in the area. It would be helpful to the poster to pass some of that information on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2008, 07:57 AM
 
Location: Dallas
808 posts, read 3,646,944 times
Reputation: 305
Jolaw, to answer your question, there seem to be some nice areas on the southside of town. I would highly recommend a trip to the area. As bellestar's experience shows, Kingsville is NOT for everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2008, 08:09 AM
 
45 posts, read 149,911 times
Reputation: 21
I've lived in different places around the state and Kingsville was not as bad as others make it out to be. Of course, Im the kind of person who makes the best out of anything so, perhaps you might do the same. There are some nice home close the University, by University Blvd. North of HWY 37, some new subdivisions are being constructed. Really nice homes there. The downtown area is really nice and quiet. Harrells Pharmacy has an old fashioned Soda Shop in the back. If want to experience a night life, go to Corpus Christi, which is only 30-45 minutes away. No, its not the most exiting place to live...but for a student such as your husband, its great because he won't have any distractions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2008, 08:39 AM
 
Location: Dallas
808 posts, read 3,646,944 times
Reputation: 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamKen View Post
I've lived in different places around the state and Kingsville was not as bad as others make it out to be. Of course, Im the kind of person who makes the best out of anything so, perhaps you might do the same. There are some nice home close the University, by University Blvd. North of HWY 37, some new subdivisions are being constructed. Really nice homes there. The downtown area is really nice and quiet. Harrells Pharmacy has an old fashioned Soda Shop in the back. If want to experience a night life, go to Corpus Christi, which is only 30-45 minutes away. No, its not the most exiting place to live...but for a student such as your husband, its great because he won't have any distractions.
You are right, it's not a horrible place to live. It's just not for some people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2008, 09:57 AM
 
45 posts, read 149,911 times
Reputation: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by awecelot View Post
You are right, it's not a horrible place to live. It's just not for some people.

Agreed. If you are looking for rolling hills and four seasons... you aren't going to find it there!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-28-2008, 09:32 PM
 
3 posts, read 10,762 times
Reputation: 11
Thanks! yeah we recently made a trip down there, and there isn't much there. :P We went to that soda shop and they have great tacos! It is a cute town but with the housing it seems it is either hit or miss....we will be going down again at the end of June for my husbands orientation so hopefully we will find something then.Thanks everyone who posted. Ya'lls comments were very helpful!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-29-2008, 09:02 AM
 
45 posts, read 149,911 times
Reputation: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolaw View Post
Thanks! yeah we recently made a trip down there, and there isn't much there. :P We went to that soda shop and they have great tacos! It is a cute town but with the housing it seems it is either hit or miss....we will be going down again at the end of June for my husbands orientation so hopefully we will find something then.Thanks everyone who posted. Ya'lls comments were very helpful!

If you and your husband don't mind commuting, Alice is just 30 minutes away. It's pretty much the same size of Kingsville. However, Alice is growing! The local news did a story on how the economy problems in the country isn't effecting Alice. There's lots of construction going on, both residential and business. I currently live in Alice, but will be moving to Victoria in July. I really love Alice and I will really miss the place. We are renting out our house so if you are interested.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top